Stadiums - First, Best, Worst & Want to visit.

Stadium where I saw my first ever pro game - sadly the County Ground, Swinetown. Dad supported them and took me to a few games as a nipper. Fortunately I saw the light as I got old enough to attend games on my own.

Best stadium I've ever been to - Think it has to be The Millennium Stadium or Anfield based on atmospheres.

Worst stadium I've been to - For me it has to be the Deva, Chester. Souless, concrete out of town effort.

Want to visit - I fancy going to one of the big Turkish derby games when international travel is allowed. Closer to home, I'd like to go to Ibrox.
Last edited by DeePeeNCAFC on April 28th, 2020, 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Stadiums - First, Best, Worst & Want to visit.

First was Ninian Park (as a kid I liked Spurs, who were FA Cup opponents that day). I stood fairly near the TV gantry (said hello to Barry Davies pre-game). It was exciting yet scary being in such a large crowd.

The best - I visited the Maracana pre-rebuild which was pretty awe-inspiring but there was no game on. Atmosphere-wise I'd say it was the San Siro (just a wall of sound when Milan scored).

The worst - are we counting non-league? Did Racing Club Warwick actually have a ground? I think Layer Road, Colchester, or Belle Vue, Doncaster, were my least favourite. They both seemed decrepit and unloved.

I'd like to get to a Barcelona game one day.

Incidentally I went to Ibrox a couple of years back. It was a cracking old ground. Though I was troubled by the flag-waving. It just seemed incendiary. I've never been to Celtic Park, mind. Maybe that's as bad.