Great escapes

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Great escapes

Postby UPTHEPORT » May 1st, 2020, 1:48 pm

See there's a poll on BBC website about prem league greatest escapes got me thinking

Was ours up there with the best in football league history since re election was abolished if it wasn't the best who's was
no avatar
User

rncfc

Caerphilly

Re: Great escapes

Postby rncfc » May 1st, 2020, 2:55 pm

UPTHEPORT wrote:See there's a poll on BBC website about prem league greatest escapes got me thinking

Was ours up there with the best in football league history since re election was abolished if it wasn't the best who's was

It was beyond believable; I had given up, I must confess. Having some time off to reflect on times like that only reinforces my view that Flynny deserves a lot more time than some people seem prepared to give him.
no avatar
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Postby UPTHEPORT » May 1st, 2020, 3:22 pm

rncfc wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:See there's a poll on BBC website about prem league greatest escapes got me thinking

It was beyond believable; I had given up, I must confess. Having some time off to reflect on times like that only reinforces my view that Flynny deserves a lot more time than some people seem prepared to give him.

He's earned legendary status for that and cup runs as far as I'm concerned :grin:
no avatar
User

Paulie DDT

Postby Paulie DDT » May 1st, 2020, 5:12 pm

I put a comment up to let the BBC know.
no avatar
User

DeePeeNCAFC

Postby DeePeeNCAFC » May 1st, 2020, 5:41 pm

When thinking of great escapes in the lower leagues I always recall Carlisle who were facing relegation to non-league. Last game of the season and their keeper Jimmy Glass came up for a corner nearly on the final whistle, scored, won the game and they survived.
no avatar
User

rncfc

Caerphilly

Postby rncfc » May 1st, 2020, 6:50 pm

I remember that game. Think it was Scarborough who went down. Whatever happened to them?!
no avatar
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Postby UPTHEPORT » May 12th, 2020, 9:13 am

So is our escape the best then ponts behind wise
User

Amberexile

Sheffield

Postby Amberexile » May 12th, 2020, 12:32 pm

rncfc wrote:I remember that game. Think it was Scarborough who went down. Whatever happened to them?!

They were liquidated and Scarborough Athletic formed by the supporters' trust. The old ground is now a Lidl despite a covenant restricting the use to sporting activities.
no avatar
User

rncfc

Caerphilly

Postby rncfc » May 12th, 2020, 6:36 pm

There's a documentary on sky about Jimmy glass and his goal at the moment. Available on catch up.