Re: Great escapes

UPTHEPORT wrote:See there's a poll on BBC website about prem league greatest escapes got me thinking

Was ours up there with the best in football league history since re election was abolished if it wasn't the best who's was
It was beyond believable; I had given up, I must confess. Having some time off to reflect on times like that only reinforces my view that Flynny deserves a lot more time than some people seem prepared to give him.

rncfc wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:See there's a poll on BBC website about prem league greatest escapes got me thinking

Was ours up there with the best in football league history since re election was abolished if it wasn't the best who's was
It was beyond believable; I had given up, I must confess. Having some time off to reflect on times like that only reinforces my view that Flynny deserves a lot more time than some people seem prepared to give him.
He's earned legendary status for that and cup runs as far as I'm concerned :grin:

When thinking of great escapes in the lower leagues I always recall Carlisle who were facing relegation to non-league. Last game of the season and their keeper Jimmy Glass came up for a corner nearly on the final whistle, scored, won the game and they survived.

rncfc wrote:I remember that game. Think it was Scarborough who went down. Whatever happened to them?!
They were liquidated and Scarborough Athletic formed by the supporters' trust. The old ground is now a Lidl despite a covenant restricting the use to sporting activities.