Re: Argus website

Yes, I've had the same. It affects all local papers owned by the same news group. If you've opted out of the performance enablers (which track your web use, contacts, purchases etc and set adverts to supposedly suit you) then the paper gets no income from you, hence they've started charging to view articles, and offering a very limited 'register to see 20 articles' facility.

I can't see they have much option if actual paper sales are declining but, equally, they and readers are caught in a 'Catch 22' situation -

I've found the professional accuracy of web articles on the BBC site, Argus etc to be really poor - bad spelling as no-one proof reads the articles before publishing, lack of journalistic investigation and probing 'exclusive stories', every site seems to copy and paste from each other. Journalism standards in what was once a good profession have plummeted and perhaps not a surprise if we're not paying for papers. Start investing in proper journalism and accurate articles people want to read and we're more likely to pay.
Last edited by DeePeeNCAFC on May 5th, 2020, 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.