Re: Season Over?

Snowman wrote:According to the BBC web site It has only been proposed that no one be relegated but I cant see the FA approving that.

If you want to have promotion then surely you have to have relegation as well
What complicates this is they’ve outright voided the National League, rather than declare it finished. How do you decide who gets promoted, if the season effectively didn’t take place?

UPTHEPORT wrote::shock: Play offs still to go ahead
So, obviously no one knows, does that mean the play off teams unfurlough their players for a couple of weeks then place them back until next season starts?

Or do they play while furloughed or...

Proposal seems the most practical and sensible of the options. Too much of the season has been played to null and void. Putting 19/20 season on hold for 12 months not gonna happen due to financial consequences and would make the remaining games played a joke as most teams would have nothing to play for and put their kids out. Looks like Stevenage will be the beneficiary of Bury going pop, tough on the NL but they after all have ended their season already so difficult to choose a club from their play offs to join Barrow in promotion. Hope it all gets ratified and we can move on into the 20/21 season whenever that happens.

Instead of calculating County's average points per game, I think they should make it more interesting and calculate -

Average goals scored per game, not much higher than nil.
Number of players other than Podge who get MoM votes, ditto.
Number of post-match whingeing contributors in here including me - loads.

I think they decided to 'end the season immediately'. There was no mention of voiding the results. There was no ruling on promotion and relegation. All a bit vague, but I guess they can only put forward a candidate for promotion, and it would remain up to the EFL to decide whether to accept that club.

excessbee wrote:I think they decided to 'end the season immediately'. There was no mention of voiding the results. There was no ruling on promotion and relegation. All a bit vague, but I guess they can only put forward a candidate for promotion, and it would remain up to the EFL to decide whether to accept that club.

Yeah I just read that but on another site it says they voided it. Confusing.
All non league below the NL were voided though weren’t they ? So if they allow Barrow to go up they play with one less team next season as no relegation from League 2.

I cant see this plan getting approved by the EFL. It reeks of hypocrisy

Earlier in the week the chairman of the EFL said he would sue if promotion and relegation wasn't in place between the Premier League and the Championship

He would loose all credibility in that argument if he then cancelled relegation from L2

Sorry but you cant have promotion without relegation

Say testing twice a week would be needed for a minimum of 30 people per club - 20 players, four coaches, physio, kit man, stadium manager, bus driver, a couple of cleaners.

If the EFL were to insist L2 goes ahead on an eight-week playing schedule after two weeks of training each club would be looking at a testing bill alone of £90k - would the EFL pay this? And the whole thing comes off the rails as soon as one club has to quarantine.

On promotion, Barrow have a clear margin and the NL left things open when they stopped playing. I'd apply the same formula to work out their table.

Flynny always wanted this. I guess the thinking is sort out the shambles of a squad bought off of the back of cup runneth over. Perhaps a longeese of quaffed Gatorade under a large Beech may give a better perspective.

The governments furlough extension extends a golden hand shandy to the hangers on. Fine: But; Flynn has to get real and ditch the energy sappers.

Flynn'y is a great planner so this plays right into his hand. Even time to play the market.

Feel for those who might lose. **** Stevenage should go with Bury. Henry the 8th's with Cromwell as manager should be reborn. (Barrow) Maybe two up three down whenever it starts again.

Up the teachers Unions by the way.

What a shitehouse these Etonians have made of it.