Season Tickets

Just wondering what the plans are for next season as regards ST

Its obvious now that if we did start next season on time we would be playing behind closed doors

I have written off this season the Club can keep any refund due and I'm willing to take a chance on next season perhaps any games missed next season the club could give a discount for the season after

Personally I'm worried that the Club will miss ST revenue this summer and as a fan and season ticket holder im prepared to purchase a ticket

Re: Season Tickets

I’d been having the same thought. This is where we need our Marketing Manager to really earn their corn by coming up with a range of options that make people want to contribute to club coffers but with something in return.

I was expecting to buy three STs for next season (me and my two boys). Obviously if we’re playing matches behind closed doors, that traditional option doesn’t really apply. Likewise, I don’t watch games on iFollow so won’t fork out for a subscription to that. But I’m sure I could be tempted to sign up to some sort of scheme that got me certain benefits (eg, replica shirt, a chance to watch a training session from a social distance) if the price point was right and the product sufficiently attractive.

Maybe they could start by offering STs at a reduced rate that guaranteed priority as and when limited numbers of fans are allowed back into grounds with social distancing?

Just thinking out loud really. The point is, the club doesn’t need to lose ST income if they can structure and price equivalent packages attractively.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:I’d been having the same thought. This is where we need our Marketing Manager to really earn their corn by coming up with a range of options that make people want to contribute to club coffers but with something in return.

I was expecting to buy three STs for next season (me and my two boys). Obviously if we’re playing matches behind closed doors, that traditional option doesn’t really apply. Likewise, I don’t watch games on iFollow so won’t fork out for a subscription to that. But I’m sure I could be tempted to sign up to some sort of scheme that got me certain benefits (eg, replica shirt, a chance to watch a training session from a social distance) if the price point was right and the product sufficiently attractive.

Maybe they could start by offering STs at a reduced rate that guaranteed priority as and when limited numbers of fans are allowed back into grounds with social distancing?

Just thinking out loud really. The point is, the club doesn’t need to lose ST income if they can structure and price equivalent packages attractively.
Only my opinion.

I don't see any possibility of limited numbers of fans being allowed back into grounds with social distancing. Until there it is possible to inoculate the chances of professional football below the Premier League, possibly Championship are virtually zero. Nothing that has happened in the last three months has altered my view that the earliest we can expect to see County play is Christmas.

I agree entirely with your view on marketing. Back in the 1960's when I started watching football, players suspended received their sanction in weeks not games. That is you were banned for two weeks or three or whatever, rather than for a set number of games. I still fail to see why our club, indeed all clubs at our level don't sell packages of tickets. Five games for the price of four etc.

If we had a board of directors who communicated with the fans perhaps all the ideas that many of us have could be examined. You would think. would you not, that with electronic communication and so much time on our hands this would be the ideal time for the club to reach out.

Although in fairness Messrs Ward and Foxhall, if anyone has been locked down with them for three months I suspect they both will have been murdered. :shock:

Hopefully most season ticket holders will be of the same mind, seems they are at other clubs as well. I'll gladly donate my season ticket balance into the club kitty and will renew for next season if it gets me access to whatever platform shows our live games, just make sure the platform is robust enough to allow several thousand fans to access it simultaneously.

We will all have to step up - football clubs are now no different to any other organisation that has gone down the furlough route, there is a significant risk that they become reliant on handouts and will eventually hit a cash flow shitstorm when the government requires a significant contribution from employers, or pulls the plug totally. I'm not expecting any marketing genius, just communication on what options are on the table for us and how to sign up.

I'm in.

whoareya wrote:Hopefully most season ticket holders will be of the same mind, seems they are at other clubs as well. I'll gladly donate my season ticket balance into the club kitty and will renew for next season if it gets me access to whatever platform shows our live games, just make sure the platform is robust enough to allow several thousand fans to access it simultaneously.

We will all have to step up - football clubs are now no different to any other organisation that has gone down the furlough route, there is a significant risk that they become reliant on handouts and will eventually hit a cash flow shitstorm. I'm not expecting any marketing genius, just communication on what options are on the table for us and how to sign up.

I'm in.
Spot on its our Club im prepared to stump up my usual ST plus why not carry on doing the 50/50 draw as well online

UPTHEPORT wrote:
whoareya wrote:Hopefully most season ticket holders will be of the same mind, seems they are at other clubs as well. I'll gladly donate my season ticket balance into the club kitty and will renew for next season if it gets me access to whatever platform shows our live games, just make sure the platform is robust enough to allow several thousand fans to access it simultaneously.

We will all have to step up - football clubs are now no different to any other organisation that has gone down the furlough route, there is a significant risk that they become reliant on handouts and will eventually hit a cash flow shitstorm. I'm not expecting any marketing genius, just communication on what options are on the table for us and how to sign up.

I'm in.
Spot on its our Club im prepared to stump up my usual ST plus why not carry on doing the 50/50 draw as well online
Jim, I'm hoping the club reaches out to you as a conduit to this forum, you are best placed to communicate fund raising and any other initiative that arises.

whoareya wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:

I'm in.
Jim, I'm hoping the club reaches out to you as a conduit to this forum, you are best placed to communicate fund raising and any other initiative that arises.
Don't mind doing that at all ive said before we need a fans Rep the position has been done by staff before not being funny here it needs to be someone not employed or has connections with the board or the trust board just a normal fan to bring fans issues

Just thinking, wouldn't early bird season tickets have been out by now?

Perhaps an option is to ask fans to preferably donate the balance of last year's season ticket, or if they can't afford to, then take the balance off the cost of renewal, and make all renewals automatic access to I follow or whatever platform they could use, there must be loads of providers out there now that can handle live streaming platforms.

How about the forum sponsors a 1st team kit in the name of NewGroundRodney?

whoareya wrote:Just thinking, wouldn't early bird season tickets have been out by now?

Perhaps an option is to ask fans to preferably donate the balance of last year's season ticket, or if they can't afford to, then take the balance off the cost of renewal, and make all renewals automatic access to I follow or whatever platform they could use, there must be loads of providers out there now that can handle live streaming platforms.

How about the forum sponsors a 1st team kit in the name of NewGroundRodney?
Great idea about shirt I will start a fund ASAP

We didn't do early bird tickets last season. The offer was a price for renewals first, before general sale. Not sure if that started last season, or the year before. I liked that concept because once you're in the loop, you get recognised for loyalty to the cause. I'm sure most season ticket holders renew anyway. In the current crisis, renewing is about more than being able to attend matches at a cheaper price per game. For many, I'm sure that wasn't the main motive, hopefully others will take the same line this season.
A mate of mine is a season ticket holder at Peterborough. He bought his ticket at the start of the month, and at the time, they had sold about two thousand.

Percy plunkett wrote:The advantage of buying a ST is that you get about five or six games free therefore,we have just lost four of the free games so there is no balance to pay back.Also,it is a fan owned club,we put money in not take it out.
You don't get free games, you pay for the entire season, all in advance at a reduced rate.

No ones talking about taking money out are they?

Do we get free games or, if you attend all matches, is every game at a reduced rate? I don't expect anyone will ask for (pro rata) a four match refund, but you never know. I would like to see season tickets on sale soon, on the basis that it is valid for attendance at the next 23 homeleague matches whenever they may be played.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Kairdiff Exile wrote:I’d been having the same thought. This is where we need our Marketing Manager to really earn their corn by coming up with a range of options that make people want to contribute to club coffers but with something in return.

Only my opinion.

I don't see any possibility of limited numbers of fans being allowed back into grounds with social distancing. Until there it is possible to inoculate the chances of professional football below the Premier League, possibly Championship are virtually zero. Nothing that has happened in the last three months has altered my view that the earliest we can expect to see County play is Christmas.

I agree entirely with your view on marketing. Back in the 1960's when I started watching football, players suspended received their sanction in weeks not games. That is you were banned for two weeks or three or whatever, rather than for a set number of games. I still fail to see why our club, indeed all clubs at our level don't sell packages of tickets. Five games for the price of four etc.

If we had a board of directors who communicated with the fans perhaps all the ideas that many of us have could be examined. You would think. would you not, that with electronic communication and so much time on our hands this would be the ideal time for the club to reach out.

Although in fairness Messrs Ward and Foxhall, if anyone has been locked down with them for three months I suspect they both will have been murdered. :shock:
What a f***ing disgusting thing to say. I remember you harping on about mental health a while back and now stating that two people may have been murdered during lockdown. What a class act you are. Scum.

weownourclub wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Only my opinion.

I don't see any possibility of limited numbers of fans being allowed back into grounds with social distancing. Until there it is possible to inoculate the chances of professional football below the Premier League, possibly Championship are virtually zll

What a f***ing disgusting thing to say. I remember you harping on about mental health a while back and now stating that two people may have been murdered during lockdown. What a class act you are. Scum.
Do you wake up in the morning determined to be offended? Get a grip man, nobody has been murdered. :shock: