Re: Season Tickets

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
That's my point. We can finish this season then and accept we have lost a season, or we can lose two seasons.
In making the decision to finish this season early, the clubs seem to have decided otherwise. Once promotion and relegation issues are finalised, I can't see them going back on that.
You may be right on that. Although promotion and relegation issues are a minefield.

However doesn't alter the fact that if there is no football this year I'm going to take great delight in repeatedly and annoyingly saying I told you so. :grin:[/quote]

Fair enough and if there is any football this year I will do likewise :grin:[/quote]

This morning Cricket Australia have announced that the 20/20 World Cup, scheduled between 18 October and 15 November is in 'Serious doubt'.

With television income and the fact that Sky etc have a vested interest the survival of the Premier League and in the medium term would sustain losses, I can see Premier League football behind closed doors starting a new season in August/September. I don't see games being played in front of crowds this year. If 20/20 World Cup cricket Australia v England is not a viable proposition in November do you really believe Newport County v Cheltenham Town is?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
That's my point. We can finish this season then and accept we have lost a season, or we can lose two seasons.
In making the decision to finish this season early, the clubs seem to have decided otherwise. Once promotion and relegation issues are finalised, I can't see them going back on that.
You may be right on that. Although promotion and relegation issues are a minefield.

However doesn't alter the fact that if there is no football this year I'm going to take great delight in repeatedly and annoyingly saying I told you so. :grin:
Fair enough and if there is any football this year I will do likewise :grin:[/quote]

This morning Cricket Australia have announced that the 20/20 World Cup, scheduled between 18 October and 15 November is in 'Serious doubt'.

With television income and the fact that Sky etc have a vested interest the survival of the Premier League and in the medium term would sustain losses, I can see Premier League football behind closed doors starting a new season in August/September. I don't see games being played in front of crowds this year. If 20/20 World Cup cricket Australia v England is not a viable proposition in November do you really believe Newport County v Cheltenham Town is?[/quote]

Hang on a minute you said "if there is no football this year" you seem to be backtracking now or do you not count the Premier League as football?

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

However doesn't alter the fact that if there is no football this year I'm going to take great delight in repeatedly and annoyingly saying I told you so. :grin:
Fair enough and if there is any football this year I will do likewise :grin:

With television income and the fact that Sky etc have a vested interest the survival of the Premier League and in the medium term would sustain losses, I can see Premier League football behind closed doors starting a new season in August/September. I don't see games being played in front of crowds this year. If 20/20 World Cup cricket Australia v England is not a viable proposition in November do you really believe Newport County v Cheltenham Town is?[/quote]

Hang on a minute you said "if there is no football this year" you seem to be backtracking now or do you not count the Premier League as football?[/quote]

Paul, as it was announced a few days ago that the Premier League would commence next month and indeed German football has already recommenced you and anyone who cares to read all my comments knows exactly what I meant.

My view to be clear even to the most boring of pedants. There will be no football played in the UK in front of crowds before the end of 2020. As a consequence of which I believe it unlikely that football below the Championship and quite possibly the Premier League to be unsustainable before Christmas. Further I believe there is a real danger of two seasons being lost, I believe if the correct action is taken only one season will be lost. A straightforward view which others can either agree or disagree with.

I could be wrong and I enjoy debating with people who don't share my view. When you want to discuss football and Newport County and stop trying to be a smart arse, let me know. :grin:

Stan, I forgot how much you hate being teased :lol:

But it did get you back on topic :wink:

The problem with your view for me is that as far as I am concerned, this season has not been lost. For personal reasons, it will go down as one of my favourite Newport County AFC league seasons of all time. As we are now at the fag end of May and beyond when the regular season was scheduled to finish, I can even rationalise finding pleasure in the way the season has been curtailed and would not want that to change. For me, to restart the season at a later date would hugely detract from this hence my preference that "starting a new season when viable is the best way to proceed".

You wishing to pick an argument with that I suppose should not surprise me :grin:

Amberexile wrote:Stan, I forgot how much you hate being teased :lol:

The problem with your view for me is that as far as I am concerned, this season has not been lost. For personal reasons, it will go down as one of my favourite Newport County AFC league seasons of all time. As we are now at the fag end of May and beyond when the regular season was scheduled to finish, I can even rationalise finding pleasure in the way the season has been curtailed and would not want that to change. For me, to restart the season at a later date would hugely detract from this hence my preference that "starting a new season when viable is the best way to proceed".

You wishing to pick an argument with that I suppose should not surprise me :grin:
Two things.

You're wrong about teasing, there's this woman in Soho I visit and...... On second thoughts let's not go there....... :grin:

Secondly I fully see the argument you set out above. I disagree with it because I believe that this virus will be with us for a long while yet. And I set out my reasons why large crowds in football stadiums without a vaccine will, in my view, be prohibited for some while yet.

Time will tell. Your post above is informative and time may well show analysis to be correct. But seriously, by all means take the p!ss out of what I say, try not to misrepresent what I say and then take the p!ss out of a skewed version of my thoughts.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:Stan, I forgot how much you hate being teased :lol:

Two things.

You're wrong about teasing, there's this woman in Soho I visit and...... On second thoughts let's not go there....... :grin:

Secondly I fully see the argument you set out above. I disagree with it because I believe that this virus will be with us for a long while yet. And I set out my reasons why large crowds in football stadiums without a vaccine will, in my view, be prohibited for some while yet.

Time will tell. Your post above is informative and time may well show analysis to be correct. But seriously, by all means take the p!ss out of what I say, try not to misrepresent what I say and then take the p!ss out of a skewed version of my thoughts.
Your words were sloppy, you said one thing when meaning another, shame on you. Easy prey, shame on me.

However, I do not set out an argument, my view on the 2019/2020 season is a personal view, that's it. You may have a different view of the season and if that is the case, I am pleased both for you and me. There is no analysis, I will cherish 2019/2020 and the way it has ended/will end. 2019/2020 is up there with the best seasons for me personally, it could possibly be improved in my view with the playoffs being completed and then a legal challenge to the promotion/relegation decisions made but will definitely not be improved by playing the season out 12 months later (or any time) as that would detract from the shambles. To me, the shambles is a large part of the appreciation, yet I do not expect many to share that appreciation and accept that for others it may not seem logical (life isn't).

So to be clear. On a personal level, I do not want the remaining matches from the standard 2019/2020 to be played ever, not now, not later this year, not next year, never. Please leave 2019/202 the shambles it has become. That might not be the best outcome for EFL League 2 overall or even for Newport County AFC in particular but it is where I am at with this. It may not even be what happens in the fullness of time, in which case I will regret, maybe even resent, such an occurrence. That's life, try to make the most of it.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Paul,

This is a football message board. Nobody could read the entire thread and not clearly see my meaning. However if you will pay me £200 an hour I will write all my words with the same care as I would draft a convicted murders application to the Court of Appeal.
Christ, you were cheap.

That's exactly why your sloppy words are funny :roll:

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:I just don’t see how you can finish this season off after next season has finished and maintain any sort of integrity due to promotion/relegation matters etc.
To me it sounds an absolutely ridiculous suggestion.
Afternoon.

Didn't say that.

Goodness knows when football starts again one maybe can assume it will be a full season.

Start with the remaining games which will take a few weeks.

Sort promotion and relegation out.
2 week break then off we go with a full season.
Just 100% league games nothing else.
Not rocket science

Out of interest as we know we have nothing to play for but if we were in the top 3 when Football stopped the scenarios on here would be quite different.

Stan

Fine mate and enjoying this glorious weather.
Nope it’s going to take a bit more than rocket science,there will be hundreds of out of contract players so god knows what any clubs squads will look then even if contracts are extended to finish this season whenever that maybe how on earth will every club sort a new squad out for a new season 2 weeks later and for 25% of clubs in some divisions in a different league

Amberexile wrote:
Christ, you were cheap.

If I were cheap, presumably you believe I no longer am. Or were you merely being sloppy?

And if you were aware of just what a bunch of nutters the Law and Justice party, the incumbent government in Poland are, you would not cite them to support an argument.

The reference the 'Boys who stole the Moon' will no doubt be beyond you. Do a little research Paul.

phil crump wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:I just don’t see how you can finish this season off after next season has finished and maintain any sort of integrity due to promotion/relegation matters etc.
To me it sounds an absolutely ridiculous suggestion.
Afternoon.

Didn't say that.

Goodness knows when football starts again one maybe can assume it will be a full season.

Start with the remaining games which will take a few weeks.

Sort promotion and relegation out.
2 week break then off we go with a full season.
Just 100% league games nothing else.
Not rocket science

Out of interest as we know we have nothing to play for but if we were in the top 3 when Football stopped the scenarios on here would be quite different.

Stan

Fine mate and enjoying this glorious weather.
Nope it’s going to take a bit more than rocket science,there will be hundreds of out of contract players so god knows what any clubs squads will look then even if contracts are extended to finish this season whenever that maybe how on earth will every club sort a new squad out for a new season 2 weeks later and for 25% of clubs in some divisions in a different league
Nope you organise your new squads before you finish this season, then you continue a few weeks later with a full league season but nothing else.
Same squad for both.
Its not rocket science. :lol:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Christ, you were cheap.

If I were cheap, presumably you believe I no longer am. Or were you merely being sloppy?

And if you were aware of just what a bunch of nutters the Law and Justice party, the incumbent government in Poland are, you would not cite them to support an argument.

The reference the 'Boys who stole the Moon' will no doubt be beyond you. Do a little research Paul.

I assume you are making a sloppy reference to the Polish film The Two Who Stole The Moon.