Re: Player of the season

If memory serves me right MOM was only run for home games early part of the season.and with all the toy throwing that’s gone on regarding this for the last cpl of months it ran seems pointless so if people have a different view of who has been their player of the season home and away overall and didn’t bother doing any sort of voting weekly for afore mentioned reasons so what jeez allegedly was meant to be a bit of fun

I typed then deleted something similar. After maybe a dozen games, the organiser of the poll made a decision not to run it for away games. A small number of supporters and not many votes was the reason. At the next away game I submitted a vote and was reminded there was no voting for away matches. Then it was considered to be suitable for matches where we might have a larger away following. Later on, it became haphazard for various reasons. Shame really as I always tried to treat it seriously. It's a bit ironic that the outcome of this entirely different opinion poll is being pre-judged.

Lets get facts correct.
I posted on the 31st July initially and have run the MOM all season despite a few characters trying to wreck it every week.
I decided to count every home game plus local popular away fixtures then that was increased to Cup matches also.
It does really annoy me after spending hours trying to be a serious on going vote that a few thought it great to try and wreck it.
It was never haphazard and I resent strongly the toy throwing comment.
Continual interference from one ex moderator was a total joke.
Here endeth todays sermon.

phil crump wrote:If memory serves me right MOM was only run for home games early part of the season.and with all the toy throwing that’s gone on regarding this for the last cpl of months it ran seems pointless so if people have a different view of who has been their player of the season home and away overall and didn’t bother doing any sort of voting weekly for afore mentioned reasons so what jeez allegedly was meant to be a bit of fun
Pointless you say?
Tell that to the contributors who amassed over 1600 votes on it. :roll:

Also try telling that to the few plonkers who tried every week in vain to mess it up.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Lets get facts correct.
I posted on the 31st July initially and have run the MOM all season despite a few characters trying to wreck it every week.
I decided to count every home game plus local popular away fixtures then that was increased to Cup matches also.
It does really annoy me after spending hours trying to be a serious on going vote that a few thought it great to try and wreck it.
Re: MOM
Postby Frank Nouble 3 » August 11th, 2019, 7:27 pm

Decision made

Its home games only

Cheers

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
phil crump wrote:If memory serves me right MOM was only run for home games early part of the season.and with all the toy throwing that’s gone on regarding this for the last cpl of months it ran seems pointless so if people have a different view of who has been their player of the season home and away overall and didn’t bother doing any sort of voting weekly for afore mentioned reasons so what jeez allegedly was meant to be a bit of fun
Pointless you say?

Also try telling that to the few plonkers who tried every week in vain to mess it up.
And the pointless reference was in trying to establish a player of the season from the MOM polls that you say were wrecked every week and yes it was somewhat haphazard as some games You decided you wouldn’t count certain votes or threw your toys and weren’t going to carry which I believe was when someone else started doing a poll but all good fun in the end

phil crump wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Lets get facts correct.
Re: MOM
Postby Frank Nouble 3 » August 11th, 2019, 7:27 pm

Decision made

Its home games only

Cheers
Correct.
Try reading my response above.
As contributors asked for away games also I then added them in.
Does make me wonder when I try to get something of interest up and running I get all this nit picking.

phil crump wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Pointless you say?

And the pointless reference was in trying to establish a player of the season from the MOM polls that you say were wrecked every week and yes it was somewhat haphazard as some games You decided you wouldn’t count certain votes or threw your toys and weren’t going to carry which I believe was when someone else started doing a poll but all good fun in the end

phil crump wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Pointless you say?

Again lets get this correct it was only 3 contributors continually wrecking the poll and it only affected 1 player Padraig.
"Threw your toys out" more like totally p****d off.
Regarding our Ex moderator he just joined the 3 Amigos and deliberately joined in wrecking it.
It was supposed to be "all good fun"
In fact it was for the majority.
Interestingly the 2nd worst culprit had numerous User names but all were eventually removed by moderation.