Lawrence to Stevenage

Hearing Lennie has departed and gone to Stevenage as a consultant. Not got an issue with this as Flynny is now experienced and should not need someone like Lennie around but it would be good if we were told news like this before others publicised it or social media platforms got the story. I understand that the club may feel that they are in limbo waiting on the EFL to make a decision but they could at least put out some information around plans eg the welsh minister on Friday told shops to use the next three weeks to prepare their social distancing plans in readiness to open what’s happening with our plans for our shop in Kingsway? Just snippets would do!

Re: Lawrence to Stevenage

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:Actually I think he will be greatly missed if this is true, and we could also be about to find out how much Flynn’s success was down to Lennie.
Or Perhaps Michael Flynn outgrew the need for Lennie around the time he nearly went to Lincoln. Or least believed he had.

Agree wholeheartedly with Owlsabout and our club's lack of any communication. At a time like this it is even more vital that the club connect. Maybe the hundreds of people who write and/or read this board are sufficiently hooked. But in the economic hard times which will follow, many people are going to be very careful how they spend their limited disposable income.

Even a Luddite like me can appreciate that in the age of electronic communication staying in contact is not just possible but vital. For f@ck's sake, if I can p!ss some supporters off from rural Ireland, surely those with charge of our club can encourage support from the environs of Newport?

owlsabout wrote:Hearing Lennie has departed and gone to Stevenage as a consultant. Not got an issue with this as Flynny is now experienced and should not need someone like Lennie around but it would be good if we were told news like this before others publicised it or social media platforms got the story. I understand that the club may feel that they are in limbo waiting on the EFL to make a decision but they could at least put out some information around plans eg the welsh minister on Friday told shops to use the next three weeks to prepare their social distancing plans in readiness to open what’s happening with our plans for our shop in Kingsway? Just snippets would do!

Hope this isn't true, we are going to need all the help we can get when the season starts again, with the economic impact in Newport and surrounding area has had to endure over the last few months our gate receipts are, like many other clubs going to tumble, we now need more than ever for regular updates from those who are in charge of running OUR club, they owe it to NGR.

DON`T HOLD YOUR BREATH

Willthiswork wrote:
excessbee wrote:There is another possibility.....
...one which may not need a club statement???
There are a number of possibilities, some of which would need a statement, some of which would not. I think we have enough examples now to know that any statement from the club will be later and less detailed than it could have been.

owlsabout wrote:Fan owed my arse ....kit deal Lennie leaving furlough players ..pay cuts ??,wait let's put tv camera in front of our chairman and he might actually tell us fooking something. Its disrespectful and embarrassing..
Ditto.
Total farce.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
owlsabout wrote:Fan owed my arse ....kit deal Lennie leaving furlough players ..pay cuts ??,wait let's put tv camera in front of our chairman and he might actually tell us fooking something. Its disrespectful and embarrassing..
Ditto.
Total farce.
No, no. Be fair now chaps. Last I heard he was still ' considering his position'.

I am not sure we need a running commentary - what difference does it make. You can see from the non news in all the papers that nothing is yet decided fully - I would rather club statements deal in fact than gossip or what might be.
If Lawrence has gone I think regrettable but probably necessary to balance budget.

County ranger wrote:I am not sure we need a running commentary - what difference does it make. You can see from the non news in all the papers that nothing is yet decided fully - I would rather club statements deal in fact than gossip or what might be.
If Lawrence has gone I think regrettable but probably necessary to balance budget.
Of course we don't need a running commentary. It's just that this a football message board. A place where everyone from the most ardent critic to the most subservient sycophant can air their views.

owlsabout wrote:Hearing Lennie has departed and gone to Stevenage as a consultant. Not got an issue with this as Flynny is now experienced and should not need someone like Lennie around but it would be good if we were told news like this before others publicised it or social media platforms got the story. I understand that the club may feel that they are in limbo waiting on the EFL to make a decision but they could at least put out some information around plans eg the welsh minister on Friday told shops to use the next three weeks to prepare their social distancing plans in readiness to open what’s happening with our plans for our shop in Kingsway? Just snippets would do!
They might need more than a couple of days to get that plan together. tbf.