Re: Social distancing at Rodney Parade

The whole thing is a total farce.
Comical that the Welsh Govt bans travel from England.
If you want a laugh go on a bridge over the M4 for a while.
Seen Caravans, Camper vans, Motorbikers in double figures together and thousands of cars per hour. Anybody stopping them Nope is the simple answer.

Willthiswork wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:Unless I have misunderstood, (far from impossible) the restriction imposed by the Welsh Assembly affects social travel and not travel for work purposes. If that is the case then I don't envisage any problem.
I thought we were talking about the supporters who would be social and not work travelling.
The plan is for Championship games to start in late June without crowds. You thought wrong.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:Unless I have misunderstood, (far from impossible) the restriction imposed by the Welsh Assembly affects social travel and not travel for work purposes. If that is the case then I don't envisage any problem.
I thought we were talking about the supporters who would be social and not work travelling.
The plan is for Championship games to start in late June without crowds. You thought wrong.
This thread is about the supporters tho'?

Willthiswork wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:
This thread is about the supporters tho'?
No. The thread is about social distancing. DeePeeNCFC made the point of the difficulty of Cardiff and Swansea playing Championship matches. I have pointed out why that is not a concern. Conversations develop.

George Street-Bridge wrote:The anti-apartheid movement had a slogan "No normal sport in an abnormal society". Wildly different context, but the words fit. I still see the betting "industry" pulling the strings.

I've been banging on about enjoying the return of rugby league in Australia, but that's against a backdrop of something like 400 deaths here for every one there.
I agree entirely. The other argument I am now seeing is that because the mortality rate in people under 65 without underlying health concerns is low, which it is, that they should be allowed to get on with life whilst the vulnerable isolate. Great attitude from business is it not? The old, the ill, the disabled don't matter. They can isolate and/or die. They are a drain on us anyway.

Thatcher was wrong. There is such a thing as society. The life of a person of 85 with a disability is as valuable as any other life.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:From Consultant at RGH.
"After a 2 week calm we have new cases in ITU. Its still out there. Ignore Cummings and any of that bullshit
Keep safe, it hasn't gone away"
Straight from the horses mouth!
Again absolutely agree. The UK is being led by a selfish moron. If he were only one of the two you might be okay but not both. Unfortunately because of the manipulation of Cummings, the buffoonery of Johnson and the gullibility of a high percentage of the British electorate 1,000's of people who otherwise would have gone on the lead happy and productive years are dead.

I take the p!ss out of most things but not this. There is a balance to be had, life is a risk, that I accept. However mass gatherings at the present time are pure madness. Anyone who thinks otherwise is stupid, anyone who encourages it will have some responsibility for needless deaths.

Edit.

Ireland is a fairly typical small European state. It is about 14 times smaller in terms of population. Thus counting deaths per capita for each death in the 26 counties there should be 14 in the UK. Yesterday one person died of CoViD19 in Ireland.

They keep telling you that the UK is doing really well in the fight against this disease. They are lying and as a result of these lies people are dying.

George, I know we usually disagree, but not on this. Tell Sky to stick it where the sun don't shine.
Last edited by Stan A. Einstein on June 2nd, 2020, 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.