Re: It's our club

Wait until the begging starts again I can just see everyone saying take my cash doesn't matter what you do with it squander it how you like. Are you seriously saying no one has a right to know how the money they put in the club is used. Keeping fans who keep the club going, informed of what's happening shouldn't be such a chore

amberbhoy wrote:Wait until the begging starts again I can just see everyone saying take my cash doesn't matter what you do with it squander it how you like. Are you seriously saying no one has a right to know how the money they put in the club is used. Keeping fans who keep the club going, informed of what's happening shouldn't be such a chore
I agree with every word of this post.

And to develop. Of course the directors are going to make decisions. And further to this nobody other than the totally sycophantic are going to agree with all of those decisions. And some of these decisions will turn out to be right and some wrong. Only a fool would expect perfection and I don't believe anybody posting on this board expects more than that those with charge of our club do their best.

But directors have to be accountable. And if they don't communicate they become unaccountable. It's a lot harder to squander other people's money if you know you're going to have to give a straightforward and honest account of how that money is spent. And frankly, in my view, the conduct of our board in this regard has been risible.

utc1985 wrote:I keep reading it's our club, Newport County is fans owned tell us this and that board we own it.

If this is your attitude I've got one question for you, other then match day revenue ticket, program, 50/50 draw, how much do you regularly give to the club other than buying a share or two when needed.
Ownership is more than buying shares it's about continually giving to the club to move it forward, if you only bought a share to pay off lotto les you don't deserve to know the in's and outs of the club, try signing up to the trusts membership and voicing any criticism in agm's or even better stand for one of the boards.
Well done and bloody well said. I agree with every single word of this post. Superb. I would like to develop your idea further. I think we should segregate fans into different groups. Segregation works.

Class 1, or the Aristocrats. Those who do everything you say, including memberships and attempting to stand for election. They can have their own air of superiority above everyone else as they thoroughly deserve it. They alone are allowed to criticise.

Class 2, the upper class, not quite the Aristocrats, but, they do everything you say other than attempt to stand for election. They are allowed to criticise but not too loudly.

Class 3, or the upper middle classes. They buy their match tickets, may have a season ticket and programmes, but wouldn’t belittle themselves to buy a 50/50 draw ticket. For them, criticism is allowed but only in writing.

Class 4, or middle class. They buy their match ticket only, no programme, no season ticket. They are allowed to criticise but only if they get permission from those in class 1.

Class 5, or aspiring lower class. They sometimes attend games but only when they can afford it. Their passion for the club is not recognised and they get no special favours. If they criticise the club any further application for tickets will be rejected by the club. The club will have stringent security measure in place to enforce this. Any criticism of the club must be forwarded via class 2 and then class 1 before it is allowed to get to the club.

Class 6, or working class. Only on very special occasions will they attend games and give their money in. This will normally be when the club is doing well and a big game is coming up. Any application by them for a ticket will be met by a retort from the club telling them to ‘get lost’. No criticism is allowed under any circumstances.

This fan class segregation will work if everyone involved in our fans owned club agrees. Let’s go for it. We can be a shining example of how to run a fans owned club. Cmon the County.

pembsexile wrote:
utc1985 wrote:I keep reading it's our club, Newport County is fans owned tell us this and that board we own it.

If this is your attitude I've got one question for you, other then match day revenue ticket, program, 50/50 draw, how much do you regularly give to the club other than buying a share or two when needed.
Ownership is more than buying shares it's about continually giving to the club to move it forward, if you only bought a share to pay off lotto les you don't deserve to know the in's and outs of the club, try signing up to the trusts membership and voicing any criticism in agm's or even better stand for one of the boards.
Well done and bloody well said. I agree with every single word of this post. Superb. I would like to develop your idea further. I think we should segregate fans into different groups. Segregation works.

Class 1, or the Aristocrats. Those who do everything you say, including memberships and attempting to stand for election. They can have their own air of superiority above everyone else as they thoroughly deserve it. They alone are allowed to criticise.

Class 2, the upper class, not quite the Aristocrats, but, they do everything you say other than attempt to stand for election. They are allowed to criticise but not too loudly.

Class 3, or the upper middle classes. They buy their match tickets, may have a season ticket and programmes, but wouldn’t belittle themselves to buy a 50/50 draw ticket. For them, criticism is allowed but only in writing.

Class 4, or middle class. They buy their match ticket only, no programme, no season ticket. They are allowed to criticise but only if they get permission from those in class 1.

Class 5, or aspiring lower class. They sometimes attend games but only when they can afford it. Their passion for the club is not recognised and they get no special favours. If they criticise the club any further application for tickets will be rejected by the club. The club will have stringent security measure in place to enforce this. Any criticism of the club must be forwarded via class 2 and then class 1 before it is allowed to get to the club.

Class 6, or working class. Only on very special occasions will they attend games and give their money in. This will normally be when the club is doing well and a big game is coming up. Any application by them for a ticket will be met by a retort from the club telling them to ‘get lost’. No criticism is allowed under any circumstances.

This fan class segregation will work if everyone involved in our fans owned club agrees. Let’s go for it. We can be a shining example of how to run a fans owned club. Cmon the County.
:grin:

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
whoareya wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Forgot to mention that you do not need to be elected to be on the board.
Just get co opted on by a pal and unless somebody tells me different you never ever need to seek re election.
That's 2 of the current board totally un elected.

All good fun and the weather breaks tomorrow.
Arent those co-opted to the club board, not the Trust board?
Club Board is I believe the main most important part of the clubs running.
Just stating a fact that chaps can run "our club" without ever asking the membership.
Will never need to seek election.
Assume nothing to stop more mates being asked to join the table also.
From what I can see in the Model Rules, there is nothing to stop more people being co-opted to the Board as long as the number of these co-opted external directors is in the minority on the board overall.
There is also supposed to be a fixed period agreed for them to serve but I'm not aware if this has been done.
Of course the model rules have not exactly been followed to the letter at all times either.

Amberexile wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
whoareya wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Forgot to mention that you do not need to be elected to be on the board.
Just get co opted on by a pal and unless somebody tells me different you never ever need to seek re election.
That's 2 of the current board totally un elected.

All good fun and the weather breaks tomorrow.
Arent those co-opted to the club board, not the Trust board?
Club Board is I believe the main most important part of the clubs running.
Just stating a fact that chaps can run "our club" without ever asking the membership.
Will never need to seek election.
Assume nothing to stop more mates being asked to join the table also.
From what I can see in the Model Rules, there is nothing to stop more people being co-opted to the Board as long as the number of these co-opted external directors is in the minority on the board overall.
There is also supposed to be a fixed period agreed for them to serve but I'm not aware if this has been done.
Of course the model rules have not exactly been followed to the letter at all times either.
Odd that.

Back in April 2016 I posted on here that I was off to Canada for a holiday. (Very enjoyable thanks for asking.) On my return I learned that in the fortnight I was away nominations for the board had opened and closed. I did ask that my entry be allowed but was informed that the rules had to be strictly adhered to.

Of course that the election officer making that decision was the brother of one of the candidates seemed a little questionable. That another candidate was allowed to rewrite his manifesto equally so. Ah well all water under the bridge now. :grin:

Stan A. Einstein wrote: Back in April 2016 I posted on here that I was off to Canada for a holiday. (Very enjoyable thanks for asking.) On my return I learned that in the fortnight I was away nominations for the board had opened and closed. I did ask that my entry be allowed but was informed that the rules had to be strictly adhered to.
That's a shame that you missed the deadline and no leeway was allowed, Brendan. I'd have voted for you. What stopped you from putting yourself forward in April 2017, April 2018 or April 2019?

Kairdiff Exile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote: Back in April 2016 I posted on here that I was off to Canada for a holiday. (Very enjoyable thanks for asking.) On my return I learned that in the fortnight I was away nominations for the board had opened and closed. I did ask that my entry be allowed but was informed that the rules had to be strictly adhered to.
That's a shame that you missed the deadline and no leeway was allowed, Brendan. I'd have voted for you. What stopped you from putting yourself forward in April 2017, April 2018 or April 2019?
Anybody with a desire to serve the club should get another chance later this year (maybe early 2021). Elections held in December 2017 elected

Ryan Courtney
Colin Faulkner
Bob Herrin
Rob Santwris
Kevin Ward

some of whom look like they will serve the full three years so will have to stand for re-election if they wish to continue.

It would be good to see a competition again this time rather than directors being re-elected unopposed due to a lack of applications.

NearlyDead wrote:I believe this may be covered by model rules 65, 66, 67.

Board co-option is pretty much universal I think, and it is often used where people are needed to operate on subcommittees.
Do not think we are talking about sub committees here.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:
Got a feeling that there were no elections on most of the dates you have listed here, albeit if there were, they certainly passed me by.

Exile 1976 wrote:The manifesto you’re talking about was tweaked AFTER he had submitted it on time if I recall correctly.
Also, didn’t you withdraw from it after you said you were going to go for it and published your ‘stanifesto’ ?
No I did not withdraw. You can not withdraw if you are not allowed to enter.

The point is that you can make a strong case for adhering strictly to the rules. You can make strong case for allowing a slip rule, that is bending the rules to ensure fairness.

What you can't do is to have one set of rules that everyone has to adhere to but make exceptions for an elite.

Oh hang on a moment!!!!??

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Kairdiff Exile wrote:
Got a feeling that there were no elections on most of the dates you have listed here, albeit if there were, they certainly passed me by.
In 2017 I married and moved to Ireland.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:The manifesto you’re talking about was tweaked AFTER he had submitted it on time if I recall correctly.
Also, didn’t you withdraw from it after you said you were going to go for it and published your ‘stanifesto’ ?
No I did not withdraw. You can not withdraw if you are not allowed to enter.

The point is that you can make a strong case for adhering strictly to the rules. You can make strong case for allowing a slip rule, that is bending the rules to ensure fairness.

What you can't do is to have one set of rules that everyone has to adhere to but make exceptions for an elite.

Oh hang on a moment!!!!??

No, that’s not what happened Brend come on. You said you were going to go for it then pulled out of going for it BEFORE you went away. Nothing to do with not being allowed.
The club have done, and continue to do, many things wrong but that wasn’t one of them