Re: Playoff teams decided?

Hmmm, they have also stated that no specific details on individuals or clubs will be announced. It’s a big leap to go from that statement to imply that the play offs places have been decided. We need to wait and see.

On a separate note, in the Premier league a Spurs player tested positive yesterday. That is a different attitude to the efl. No player name obviously but they have named the club.

Could it just be a case of League Two having decided to end using a ppg system but League One lagging behind in making their minds up. I believe the issue is whether to use a home/away weighting or not. In League Two, whichever is chosen, the same four teams are in the frame. In League One, where an unweighted system seems more likely, this would exclude Peterbrough who currently sit in a playoff position. My guess is a testing system won't commence until the four teams are confirmed.

excessbee wrote:Could it just be a case of League Two having decided to end using a ppg system but League One lagging behind in making their minds up. I believe the issue is whether to use a home/away weighting or not. In League Two, whichever is chosen, the same four teams are in the frame. In League One, where an unweighted system seems more likely, this would exclude Peterbrough who currently sit in a playoff position. My guess is a testing system won't commence until the four teams are confirmed.
You may well be right. However, for the efl shouldn’t there be a consistent system across all the leagues. I understand that each league will be having Internal discussions but there just has to be a common consistent approach across the efl.

pembsexile wrote:
excessbee wrote:Could it just be a case of League Two having decided to end using a ppg system but League One lagging behind in making their minds up. I believe the issue is whether to use a home/away weighting or not. In League Two, whichever is chosen, the same four teams are in the frame. In League One, where an unweighted system seems more likely, this would exclude Peterbrough who currently sit in a playoff position. My guess is a testing system won't commence until the four teams are confirmed.
You may well be right. However, for the efl shouldn’t there be a consistent system across all the leagues. I understand that each league will be having Internal discussions but there just has to be a common consistent approach across the efl.
I was just about to post when I read Mike's contribution. Saved me the bother. :grin:

My assumption is this is what will come out of the June 9th meeting. The EFL deciding which system is fairest. I suspect they hoped for consistency from all three divisions but ended up with three different preferences. The League Two 'plan' seems fairest as that would avoid the situation faced by Peterborough, being edged out of a playoff place. Looks like the Championship may well finish behind closed doors.

I see what you mean, the arithmetic is pretty straightforward for League 2. That logic, if correct, would make the 4 clubs who have been involved in the testing over the 4 days - Exeter, Cheltenham, Colchester, and Northampton.

Difficult choice as to who I would want to lose from our league for next season out of those but maybe Colchester is the least likely as an away trip if they are allowed at all for next season.