Re: END OF 2019-20 SEASON: NEWPORT COUNTY AFC CLUB UPDATE ST

faerun exile wrote:
excessbee wrote:I wonder if that was just someone in too much of a rush to produce a revised league table for the website. I'm expecting ppg to be applied before points deductions.
It won’t be. Was decided yesterday by EFL. Macc now only need to be docked 3 points to finish bottom. So bye bye Macc and hello Barrow and Harrogate.
Surely if two are promoted, then Harrogate won't be given the second place. There would have to be a playoff process.

excessbee wrote:
faerun exile wrote:
excessbee wrote:I wonder if that was just someone in too much of a rush to produce a revised league table for the website. I'm expecting ppg to be applied before points deductions.
It won’t be. Was decided yesterday by EFL. Macc now only need to be docked 3 points to finish bottom. So bye bye Macc and hello Barrow and Harrogate.
Surely if two are promoted, then Harrogate won't be given the second place. There would have to be a playoff process.
EFL has stated that there will be a relegation from every division. In relation to EFL2 there is a caveat that the club relegated must have a league to play in so if NL delays the start of 20/21 then maybe Macc or Stevenage will stay up.
Can't see NL play offs being viable financially - 6 teams to pay for Covid testing, wages etc. More likely that Harrogate will come up on PPG. However, I see that Notts C squad has returned to training so I guess they are expecting some play off action. Who knows ?

Looks like it may be play-offs in the NL after all. Goes to a vote on Monday. NL is proposing the following in deciding season end:

Places decided on PPG
Top clubs promoted from NL (Barrow), NLN (Kings Lynn), NLS (Wealdstone)
Play-offs at NL (Harrogate, Notts C, Yeovil, Boreham Wood, Halifax, Barnet) but not NLN, NLS
NL 1 team relegated (Chorley)
No NLN, NLS relegation

A kick in the balls for York who finished this season top of the NLN but have dropped to 2nd via PPG and no play-offs.