Re: Club Statement

Superb statement from the club. Very detailed and informative. Lots to look forward to. Key bits for me -

Next season likely to start in October but no fans attending games until January.

Income streams hit by 40% if season ticket income is restricted.

Plenty of cost saving measures already implemented although no further details.

End of season awards evening and club shop opening coming soon. Both will be interesting if social distancing remains in place.

Finances - tax etc deferred, loan rec'd from EFL.

Retained and released list to be announced by 23rd June.

mad norm wrote:Don't think you can ask for more

Very professional
Very thorough
Impressed
You think?

Trust membership. Any figures? No. Loan on favourable terms. Do we know how much? No. Do we know the terms? No.

Progress with discussions with the WRU re Lease, are we told anything? No.

Details of contract with Elite Management? Are we told anything? No.

There have been numerous board meetings via Skype. Do we have the minutes? No.

If board meetings can take place via Skype why not the open supporters meetings? We are told many cost saving measures found. What are they? How much do they save?

As a fans owned club, why were no soundings made to gauge the opinions of supporters with respect to the position the club took at EFL meetings?

I could go on. Perhaps the most disingenuous part of all this was calling it a Q&A session. It wasn't.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Very professional
Very thorough
Impressed
You think?

Trust membership. Any figures? No. Loan on favourable terms. Do we know how much? No. Do we know the terms? No.

If board meetings can take place via Skype why not the open supporters meetings? We are told many cost saving measures found. What are they? How much do they save?

As a fans owned club, why were no soundings made to gauge the opinions of supporters with respect to the position the club took at EFL meetings?

I could go on. Perhaps the most disingenuous part of all this was calling it a Q&A session. It wasn't.

I agree ....lots of information with no information

Exile 1976 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Very professional
Very thorough
Impressed
You think?

Not every piece of information needs to be put into the public eye

ComeOnCounty wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Very professional
Very thorough
Impressed
You think?

Not every piece of information needs to be put into the public eye
The whole passage said f@ck all. To pass it off a Q&A was an insult. It is a piece of totally pointless propaganda.

Trying to pretend that information is being given out, when on close examination it becomes obvious that nothing of interest has been said shows utter contempt.

At a meeting at around October,Colin Faulkner said Trust membership was 1006 or thereabouts.This didn’t include Harps and about 30 more who were still just paying £10 a year by DD,they had their membership extended until November when they were invited to renew to bronze or upwards.In this new statement,they say membership has been maintained,does that answer your question Brendan,by the way,when are you becoming a member.

Percy plunkett wrote:At a meeting at around October,Colin Faulkner said Trust membership was 1006 or thereabouts.This didn’t include Harps and about 30 more who were still just paying £10 a year by DD,they had their membership extended until November when they were invited to renew to bronze or upwards.In this new statement,they say membership has been maintained,does that answer your question Brendan,by the way,when are you becoming a member.
I will become s member of the trust when this type of bollox stops.

excessbee wrote:Surely it is just a case of FAQ being called Q&A. Nothing to get agitated about. An anticipated list of questions. If it clears up a number of possible enquiries then it serves its purpose.
For f@cks sake enough of this nonsense. Nothing is cleared up, it is not FAQ's or Q&A it is just nonsense.

Let me give you an example. I have identified where I can make savings and implemented them has no meaning whatsoever. It's gobbledygook.

I decided to save money by making my own sandwiches and taking a flask of tea to work does. I was spending £10 a day in Costa's £50 a week, £2,500 a year and now I don't spend more than a couple of hundred pounds a year saving me over £2,000 pa. That is an informative sentence.
Last edited by Stan A. Einstein on June 12th, 2020, 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.