Re: New Shirt Sponsor!

So now we've reached our target, we get, at the minimum, £40k.

All above £40k means that we get 50% of it and the charities get around 17% each.

Why would anyone want to donate now? If you want to give to the charity of your choice do it, they'll get more.

If you want to give to the football club give it direct to the trust, they'll get more.

excessbee wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
weownourclub wrote:Almost at £41,000 now. Well in all involved. Hopefully the donations will pick up now as 50% of all over 40 goes to the charities! UTC.
Sorry but that's total rubbish
The charities get a third of 50%..
No, Frank, he/she is correct. The charities (plural) get a third EACH of fifty percent over the 40k.
So collectively, they get 50%, which is what was said.
Dear me its like banging my head on a brick wall with you.
Its exactly what I have stated above.
In capitals for you.
MY CHARITY JDRF WILL GET 16.6% of any donation I now make to this appeal.

If you want to argue that point feel free to do so. :roll: l

weownourclub wrote:
excessbee wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
weownourclub wrote:Almost at £41,000 now. Well in all involved. Hopefully the donations will pick up now as 50% of all over 40 goes to the charities! UTC.
No, Frank, he/she is correct. The charities (plural) get a third EACH of fifty percent over the 40k.
“Total rubbish” indeed.
What planet are you on?
Lets try again I send £100 to the appeal.
How much of that will my charity JDRF get.
Please now explain that what I am saying is total rubbish.
Smoke is now coming out of my ears. :roll:
Hard not to insult you at this point.

Willthiswork wrote:So now we've reached our target, we get, at the minimum, £40k.

All above £40k means that we get 50% of it and the charities get around 17% each.

Why would anyone want to donate now? If you want to give to the charity of your choice do it, they'll get more.

If you want to give to the football club give it direct to the trust, they'll get more.
Thank Thank you moderator.
Its not rocket science but its hard work getting that across to these 2 unfortunately.
As you state send £100 to the club forget this daft in the first place idea and the club gets have a guess £100.
I send £100 to JDRF yes you are correct they get £100.
Why would anybody not get that?
Steam still seeping out. :evil:

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
excessbee wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
In capitals for you.

Ah, now that's a different statement from your previous one. So the only people who are contributing to the charity are those who donated after the £40k target was reached? I'd like to think that my contribution made early in the process is also being split between club and charities (plural). The difference is that at the time I made the donation, I was quite prepared for all of it to go to the club if the target was not reached. Any contribution made now is done in the knowledge that the charities will certainly get some of it.

excessbee wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
excessbee wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
In capitals for you.

Ah, now that's a different statement from your previous one. So the only people who are contributing to the charity are those who donated after the £40k target was reached? I'd like to think that my contribution made early in the process is also being split between club and charities (plural). The difference is that at the time I made the donation, I was quite prepared for all of it to go to the club if the target was not reached. Any contribution made now is done in the knowledge that the charities will certainly get some of it.
You still do not get it do you.
£40K is raised, actually it isn't but we all know that.
Not a penny goes to any of the charities, albeit one of them will get shirt sponsorship, albeit despite donating a token gesture nobody has contacted myself to see which of the 3 charities I wanted it under.
Like our moderator has just explained and I am 100% in agreement with him why would anybody sponsor this appeal anymore as you are far better off sending for example £100 to the County or £100 to your charity choice or of course to neither as maybe your charity was not amongst the 3 listed.
its just plain daft, ill thought out and IMO a total farce.
Sorry but I feel very strongly about this..

weownourclub wrote:
excessbee wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
“Total rubbish” indeed.
It really concerns me that you are either on or have input into our club. :evil:

excessbee wrote:OK, Frank, try this one. Do you think that if you put in the first £100, you are making no contribution to the charities, but if you make the final £100 donation, you are? In my mind, everyone's £100 is an equal donation.
I agree.

So the Supporters Club £4,000 and the Trust £5,000 actually make a contribution to the charities. Must be the first time ever the recipient of crowd funding actually gives money away. :grin:

excessbee wrote:OK, Frank, try this one. Do you think that if you put in the first £100, you are making no contribution to the charities, but if you make the final £100 donation, you are? In my mind, everyone's £100 is an equal donation.
Time to give up on you here.
I do despair.
The whole ill thought out appeal is just that.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
I agree.

So the Supporters Club £4,000 and the Trust £5,000 actually make a contribution to the charities. Must be the first time ever the recipient of crowd funding actually gives money away. :grin:
Just plain nuts Stan.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Time to give up on you here.
I do despair.
The whole ill thought out appeal is just that.
I'll just have to assume you are unable to answer my question.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
excessbee wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
In capitals for you.

If you believe the only donations which are contributing to the charities are those made after the £40k target was reached, then your statement that 16.6% of a donation made now will go to your chosen charity is correct. However my belief is that, once the target was reached, all donations (made from the very start of the process) include a small amount that will go to the charities. That amount would be considerably less than 16.6% of the donation, to each of the three.