Re: New Shirt Sponsor!

Alan G Bryant wrote:Would anybody know what type of work the 1.8% of Central Europeans undertake in Newport and the surrounding community?

I recall FM Carwyn Jones berating their working conditions several years ago, I cannot imagine they would have a spare £400 for a season ticket after they have sent their money back to their families
Not sure why you would expect anyone to start off with a season ticket if they haven’t been before.
Need to generate new/extra fans and if they like the product then maybe the following season they will up grade to season tickets.
Also many people live outside Newport ( I live in Cwmbran) which is only 6 miles or so away. So there is a sizeable population to be captured.
I never see any billboards advertising the county. Now I know this costs but you got to speculate to accumulate. There are potential billboards around the city, on the railway station and in the pubs to name a few and I’m no marketing guy.

Alan G Bryant wrote:Newport County average home attendance

2015/16 - 2,731
2016/17 - 2,861
2017/18 - 3,489
2018/19 - 3,409
2019/20* - 3,867
That's interesting.

Now in the 19 games we did play an extra 8,712 supporters were at the games over the previous seasons figures.Now we know four games were lost and with it the income from paying spectators. Which in numeric terms is using last seasons attendance figure a loss of 13,936 spectators. So this seasons figures of spectators through the gate is a net loss of 5,224. However we don't how many season ticket holders didn't claim back or indeed how many season ticket holders there are. Nonetheless there has probably been a loss of income in the region of £0 to £45,000. of revenue from the season now over as compared with 2018/19.

However set against this, is the fact that cost of putting on four games has not been necessary and 80% of staff wages will for a six month period at least will have been picked up by the government.

That's a saving in the region of £400,000 to £500,000.

And we can't afford to give Bennett a new contract?

And the latest figures for today.

Newport County 2 sponsors £125. And whilst I commend Mike Everett for his £100, is it really shirt sponsorship money

Sligo Rovers 845 Euro from 14 sponsors.

So please directors of Newport County. You can see what can be done by a small Irish town. Believe me the good people of Sligo are no better or worse, generous or parsimonious, kinder or meaner than the good folk of Newport. Their town's football club has to compete for the disposable income of the local population, just like us.Their club, like ours is a supporters trust. However their board engages with supporters.

Wake up and smell the f@cking coffee.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Newport County 2 sponsors £125. And whilst I commend Mike Everett for his £100, is it really shirt sponsorship money

So please directors of Newport County. You can see what can be done by a small Irish town. Believe me the good people of Sligo are no better or worse, generous or parsimonious, kinder or meaner than the good folk of Newport. Their town's football club has to compete for the disposable income of the local population, just like us.Their club, like ours is a supporters trust. However their board engages with supporters.

You didn't respond to my post pointing out that fact that these are for 2 completely different things.

You also failed to respond to the fact that a number of donations to the Sligo fund are Anonymous - something you were dismissive about regards the County campaign.

Interestingly you didn't mention that you cannot donate to the Sligo fund unless you simply put a first and last name - i.e. you cannot put 'Sligo Rangers Supporters Club' etc. and would therefor have to rely on a member of said club doing the donation under their name.

So, unless you know each contributor personally and ask them on whose behalf they contributed you cannot use that as a basis to belittle the County campaign.

As I said previously and above, the Sligo fund is a survival fund NOT a sponsorship request so, for a fair comparison you need to go back and fully analyse the similar drive County made a few years ago - come back and tell us the results as I am genuinely interested.

And for the record I donated - twice - to this shirt fund, both times as anonymous and both of those amounts would not be going to the club were it not for this funding drive. So, new money and not driven by a desire to see any particular charity represented.

IMB wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

You didn't respond to my post pointing out that fact that these are for 2 completely different things.

You also failed to respond to the fact that a number of donations to the Sligo fund are Anonymous - something you were dismissive about regards the County campaign.

Interestingly you didn't mention that you cannot donate to the Sligo fund unless you simply put a first and last name - i.e. you cannot put 'Sligo Rangers Supporters Club' etc. and would therefor have to rely on a member of said club doing the donation under their name.

So, unless you know each contributor personally and ask them on whose behalf they contributed you cannot use that as a basis to belittle the County campaign.

As I said previously and above, the Sligo fund is a survival fund NOT a sponsorship request so, for a fair comparison you need to go back and fully analyse the similar drive County made a few years ago - come back and tell us the results as I am genuinely interested.

And for the record I donated - twice - to this shirt fund, both times as anonymous and both of those amounts would not be going to the club were it not for this funding drive. So, new money and not driven by a desire to see any particular charity represented.
A small proportion of both the Sligo sponsorship and the Newport County sponsorship are from people who wish to remain anonymous and with this I have no problem. No doubt in both cases some people will have donated twice. Again I have no problem with that. £5,000 anonymous, I have a slight worry about. £4,000 from the Supporters club is just embarrassing, as is Money from the subscription draw, the Newport County business club, and so on. Because it is clearly money destined for County anyway.

Now as for Sligo being to save the club. I doubt it, I think that's just hyperbole. However if it isn't, per capita in eight days Newport County would have had to raise a sum in excess of £500,000 to equal the money raised by Sligo.

For God's sake stop making excuses..

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
IMB wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

A small proportion of both the Sligo sponsorship and the Newport County sponsorship are from people who wish to remain anonymous and with this I have no problem. No doubt in both cases some people will have donated twice. Again I have no problem with that. £5,000 anonymous, I have a slight worry about. £4,000 from the Supporters club is just embarrassing, as is Money from the subscription draw, the Newport County business club, and so on. Because it is clearly money destined for County anyway.

Now as for Sligo being to save the club. I doubt it, I think that's just hyperbole. However if it isn't, per capita in eight days Newport County would have had to raise a sum in excess of £500,000 to equal the money raised by Sligo.

Excuses? Where have I made excuses - please read what I have said not what you think I have said.

I am pointing out that you have taken a set of circumstances and presented them in a way to suit your argument when, in fact, they may not support that argument at all. I am not commenting on the scheme in any way, just your presentation..

You say the two schemes are for the same thing, you say that Sligo are better at raising money for their club than Newport because the rate at which they raised money in the first few days was greater than Newport..

Clearly a plea for survival (as described by Sligo despite you dismissing it) is vastly different to a shirt sponsorship appeal. so is not - as you say - the same.

However, we have, unfortunately, had a comparable scheme in recent times. I suggested you use those figures and that rate of donation to provide a fair comparison.

You haven't done so. I wonder what the excuse will be.

Melling's equaliser wrote:"To start with I have never read any critiscm of Norman and the work he does, albeit the total farce with kit paid up front and failing to turn up last year".

Frank, Norman runs County in the Community. While he worked at the Academy many years ago, the Community and the Academy are run separately and the above quote has nothing to do with Norman.
Afternoon Terry

I know that my friend but I was answering AGB (unofficial BOD spokesperson) who brought Normans name up, goodness knows why but to bring his pomposity down a peg I thought he might appreciate Kit problems with the kids and parents.
The fella can see nothing as a problem at our club albeit he has probably been prompted in the first place.

Cheers

IMB wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
IMB wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Excuses? Where have I made excuses - please read what I have said not what you think I have said.

I am pointing out that you have taken a set of circumstances and presented them in a way to suit your argument when, in fact, they may not support that argument at all. I am not commenting on the scheme in any way, just your presentation..

You say the two schemes are for the same thing, you say that Sligo are better at raising money for their club than Newport because the rate at which they raised money in the first few days was greater than Newport..

Clearly a plea for survival (as described by Sligo despite you dismissing it) is vastly different to a shirt sponsorship appeal. so is not - as you say - the same.

However, we have, unfortunately, had a comparable scheme in recent times. I suggested you use those figures and that rate of donation to provide a fair comparison.

The response of the Newport public to the request for funds for Newport County has been p!ss poor when compared to a similar appeal to the Sligo public on behalf of Sligo Rovers.

Now you can skirt around the edges but even giving Newport County the highest figure, allowing that sterling is 10% higher than the Euro, in a week Sligo have raised twice as much cash as Newport County managed in three.

Any attempt to explain this away is an excuse. And like it or not Newport is seven and a half times larger than Sligo.

Excuse did I say? Pathetic attempt at an excuse and an utter failure to draw attention away from the real issue. That being that a board of directors who have failed miserably to engage with the potential supporter base can expect that base to give them the two fingered salute if said board ask said supporters for money.

And that my friend is exactly what they got.

IMB wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
IMB wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Do you really think this Sponsorship drive has been a success with probably well under 300 supporters contributing.
Take out the various club donations which are not new money, all those like my family and friends who are chipping in for the charities, the current board members albeit cannot see anything from the inner sanctum and as you stated more than one donation like yourself from a single individual.
Its a total farce with no impetus from our Board to kick it on.
Still tucking into the sandwiches or as AGB states sat on their derrieres still.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Do you really think this Sponsorship drive has been a success with probably well under 300 supporters contributing.
Take out the various club donations which are not new money, all those like my family and friends who are chipping in for the charities, the current board members albeit cannot see anything from the inner sanctum and as you stated more than one donation like yourself from a single individual.
Still tucking into the sandwiches or as AGB states sat on their derrieres still.
Who in your view makes up the inner sanctum Frank?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
IMB wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
IMB wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

The response of the Newport public to the request for funds for Newport County has been p!ss poor when compared to a similar appeal to the Sligo public on behalf of Sligo Rovers.

Now you can skirt around the edges but even giving Newport County the highest figure, allowing that sterling is 10% higher than the Euro, in a week Sligo have raised twice as much cash as Newport County managed in three.

Any attempt to explain this away is an excuse. And like it or not Newport is seven and a half times larger than Sligo.

Excuse did I say? Pathetic attempt at an excuse and an utter failure to draw attention away from the real issue. That being that a board of directors who have failed miserably to engage with the potential supporter base can expect that base to give them the two fingered salute if said board ask said supporters for money.

And that my friend is exactly what they got.
So now it's similar when you originally said the same. Fact is it an appeal to help sponsor a shirt is a very different thing to an appeal to save the very club. It is very different indeed, appeals to a completely different set of emotions and different people will respond to it - with very different amounts being donated by those people. You know all of this of course and you also know that, in (true) similar circumstances the people of Newport responded.

Now you say I have someway tried to excuse the board. I am not and have not expressed any view of the shirt sponsorship scheme in any way and will not in a public forum. If I have a view on something the club has done, or want any information about it I do what I always do in such circumstances - I seek out the people on the board or at the club who have a responsibility for it. Then, face to face or in a telephone conversation I will question, share my suggestions, views or comments and get feedback.

Do you know what, I have had cause to do so on a few occasions and have received excellent feedback on each occasion. The nice thing is you can then draw conclusions based on fact and a full understanding of any underlying issues about which you may not have been aware.

Amberexile wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Will PM you mate.

Cheers

There may be an inner sanctum, there may not be. Who knows. It is the fact that whoever ‘they’ are, they do not like any form of criticism at all. They send out their foot soldiers (AGB etc) at most opportunities to defend their position.

For me, they seem to see themselves as ‘the club’. That is how it appears to me. They are not, they are custodians of an office. I wish them well. Heaven help the club if they are not doing well. The problem is, they are the only ones who really know.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Will PM you mate.

Cheers

We want transparency!!!