Re: New Shirt Sponsor!

Willthiswork wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Pure Vans names as our away shirt sponsor......it’s seems there’s at least one Welsh business not worried about negative press for spunking money on a football team
...need a van, need a van, call pure vans, need a van, need a van, call pure vans...need a vaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnn, call pure vans!
Good ole Copeyor vans,well done Dave.

excessbee wrote:The problem with that approach (flagging up the idea on the Club Website to seek opinions) is that it introduces a further delay in the process. It surely must be assumed that attempts to secure a shirt sponsor have drawn a blank (at the desired financial amount). That being so, if this idea were to be touted on the website for opinions there would be three possible outcomes.
1. Majority support..... So the scheme is put into operation, but we are a month nearer the possible start of the season
2. No clear fan opinion....... No progress, delay in the process, still at square one, but a month has gone by.
3. Clear opposition to the idea...... Bin it. We have no sponsor and another month has gone by.
The board has made a decision, progress has been made. It will annoy some, social media always does that. Hopefully the target will be reached with the support of the silent majority. I would guess the number of contributors already far exceeds the complainants.
4 someone comes forward with an offer of sponsorship or a great idea!!

excessbee wrote:
KingOfGwent wrote:
And there could've been a 'nominate a charity' gimmick where fans can choose ANY one, not just three that are approved suspiciously by the club. That would've had to rely on the charity ensuring they could afford it, but surely you could just ask beforehand and draw up a list of 30 minimum.
I think you have entirely misunderstood the way this will work. In what way will the chosen charity be needing to 'afford it'? We are not choosing a charity and saying you owe us 40k for shirt sponsorship. They will get free exposure for their cause and hopefully, a donation on top, albeit a small one. Chose from thirty minimum? You surely don't want a poll of fans to draw up a long list of charities before the fundraising process even begins. This is a Trust Board initiative, not universally popular, but ticking along.
Trust board initiative which is obtaining funds from non trust members who follow these 3 charities pulling on heartstrings.
Piss poor.

owlsabout wrote:https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/202 ... donations/

What a difference a fans owned club who acknowledge this and appear from this communication to appreciate and value their fellow supporters certainly does not appear to be a them and us type approach which sadly I think exists at our club currently
Hopefully a few of those plodding along at the helm will read that and realise they haven't got a clue how to run our Club.
Will it change?
Shaun told me it would couple of years back.
Still waiting :roll:

Percy plunkett wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Pure Vans names as our away shirt sponsor......it’s seems there’s at least one Welsh business not worried about negative press for spunking money on a football team
...need a van, need a van, call pure vans, need a van, need a van, call pure vans...need a vaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnn, call pure vans!
I can recommend a hearing consultant
If you want. Or you can put your money where your mouth is Steve

What a difference a fans owned club who acknowledge this and appear from this communication to appreciate and value their fellow supporters certainly does not appear to be a them and us type approach which sadly I think exists at our club currently

I I have a friend who is an Exeter City supporter and he takes a different outlook.

In the last 5 years Exeter City have made over £6m from selling Ollie Watkins,Matt Grimes, Ethan Ampadu, David Wheeler and Jayden Stockley. After their cup run against Liverpool in 2016 their turnover was reported to be up to £4m from £2.8 which equates to nearly £7.5m over a 5 year period. Quite significant income for a league 2 club I am sure you will agree.

Exeter also gave the last 4 years of the lease behind the home end back to the council. This facilitated the council being able to sell to a private developer and help fund the new stand and provide student accommodation. Exeter City supporters trust contributed £200k to developing the away end.

Last June Exeter City posted an operating loss of £700k,

I dare say if you were an Exeter City supporter determined to be offended by anything your club does you would be asking where the money has gone.

It is great that the supporters have donated £42k though.

Alan G Bryant wrote: It is great that the supporters have donated £42k though.
If County added up the games that the Supporters Club and Trust have sponsored games and match balls as well as their donations and those who didn't ask for a refund on Season tickets would that add to up £42k????

Alan G Bryant wrote:

I I have a friend who is an Exeter City supporter and he takes a different outlook.

In the last 5 years Exeter City have made over £6m from selling Ollie Watkins,Matt Grimes, Ethan Ampadu, David Wheeler and Jayden Stockley. After their cup run against Liverpool in 2016 their turnover was reported to be up to £4m from £2.8 which equates to nearly £7.5m over a 5 year period. Quite significant income for a league 2 club I am sure you will agree.

Exeter also gave the last 4 years of the lease behind the home end back to the council. This facilitated the council being able to sell to a private developer and help fund the new stand and provide student accommodation. Exeter City supporters trust contributed £200k to developing the away end.

I dare say if you were an Exeter City supporter determined to be offended by anything your club does you would be asking where the money has gone.

What's their wage bill like?

Alan G Bryant wrote:

Alan let me offer you the hand of friendship.

I would not be offended but if I were contributing to Exeter City I would ask about finances. I genuinely don't see how you equate wanting to know how your money is spent with being offended. I did notice though that £3,700,000 was spent on redevelopment of the stadium. A legacy for future Exeter supporters which will last long after I'm in the sod.

However why not join the stadium discussion group? Seriously I don't doubt that you are as committed to Newport County as I am. Having met with the as yet small group tonight I can assure you that we are all very friendly and you will be made very welcome.

I have to say, it was really good chatting with people who really care about the club tonight. no pretensions, no agenda, but just the opportunity to chat. Whilst this forum is a mouthpiece for views and debate, it is still restricted and the discussion tonight allowed the five of us to just get our views aired in an almost cathartic way. We didn't necessarily all agree but we all respected each other's views. Very positive from my point of view and I would say an interesting debate to either follow or get involved in.

big baz wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:
I can recommend a hearing consultant
If you want. Or you can put your money where your mouth is Steve
What do you mean about money where mouth is,I was congratulating him on his actions.

Alan G Bryant wrote:

Couldn't agree more with this.