Re: New Shirt Sponsor!

supporter wrote:Up to £19745 now.
First of all forgive me for wrongly labeling you amongst the incognito. My apologies.

I hope also you will forgive this post, a criticism of your view, not you.

I have two problems with this. Firstly there have been a number of very large anonymous donations and the concern is that this is merely monies controlled by County being passed from onevarm to the other.

My second concern is this. Whilst it is very commendable that County fans are willing to donate money to the club, it's not really new money is it? Far better it seems to me to have been upfront. Asked directly for a contribution. Or better still worked at setting up streaming of County games and sold tickets at the normal rate.

That of course would have allowed for a longer time to have brought 'new money' into the club.

For me this smacks of the infamous announcement by County a few years back of 'We have cleared our historic debt'. Which on closer examination turned out to be nothing more than we borrowed the money to pay off our debts.

Stan firstly no problem with a differing view that's what debate is all about.

I would put the view that unless you provide a platform/vehicle to donate you can't donate. Nearly 20k has been donated in 5 days because of this platform and a fair few of the larger donations aren't annonymous.

I see this as our sponsorship stream and sometimes you need to put a label on things to give people a choice of where they want to donate to. I also see this as hopefully being the first of many income streams to suit voluntary/personal choice contributions.

Like yourself I also hope work is underway to ensure a streaming and virtual match ticket income for the upcoming season.

People might not want to contribute to this particular fund which is fine though they might want to contribute elsewhere. For example it's great to see a group of fans want to see if they can make a success of Baramber under a seperate community scheme and I wish them every success in this venture because it could provide a valuable source of income both in the short and longterm plans. Likewise I applaud the new group looking at the viability of our own stadium of which you are a part and who's invite to join the discussion I accepted earlier today.

As I've said elsewhere there is no such thing as a bad idea at the moment, they might not all prove to be successful but the more we come up with and the more we back the better the chances are of increasing much needed funds.

Percy plunkett wrote:Where is this list of donors and amounts and are people happy to have it made public.
Click on the link on the first message, page 1 of this thread. Every donor has the option to remain anonymous. All of the donations are listed, with a running total at the top of the page. A comment can be added if a donation is made.