Re: New Shirt Sponsor!

Justanordinaryfan wrote:Why do people think only 309 contributed ?? that’s a serious question btw ..... there’s Queues around the block when we face the likes of Spurs an Man City, and well in excess of 309 people moaning like ****, on here, about every little nook and cranny.

I’m suspecting Wel get answer about the donations in the clubs name, soon enough, and the reality won’t be as horrifying as some think.
I think there have only been 309 (317 now) contributions because the way the club announced the scheme led to a lot of negative comment on various social media platforms making the scheme unpopular. I reckon they would have received more donations had they come about this a different way as most sensible fans would recognise that it was probable the club would need us to contribute in some way to help the club in these difficult times for most people. Also I guess a proportion of our fans are not aware of the scheme with it being online and maybe setting up a process at the club shop where people can donate in person with their details added to the website later would help.

I also note that the Trust as separate from the Club have been quiet on the subject. We have been told that the Trust held back monies it would ordinarily have given to the club (for shares) while we were making good income from the cup runs, an update on how the Trust will help the Club financially would be welcomed.

It may also help to encourage others if the Club arranged donations in the names of Mike Flynn and some of the players.

Amberexile wrote: I also note that the Trust as separate from the Club have been quiet on the subject. We have been told that the Trust held back monies it would ordinarily have given to the club (for shares) while we were making good income from the cup runs, an update on how the Trust will help the Club financially would be welcomed.
Noticed that there has not been a website update on the Trust's finances for a couple of years.

Justanordinaryfan wrote:Why do people think only 309 contributed ?? that’s a serious question btw ..... there’s Queues around the block when we face the likes of Spurs an Man City, and well in excess of 309 people moaning like ****, on here, about every little nook and cranny.

I’m suspecting Wel get answer about the donations in the clubs name, soon enough, and the reality won’t be as horrifying as some think.
Two things.

Firstly you seem to overlook the fact that whilst Newport County might be an obsession for sad f@cks like you and me, for most it is a discretionary spend.

Secondly, how on earth can Newport County donate money to Newport County? Four figure donations from the supporters club, directors, and Anonymous. (I think probably the Trust, happy to be corrected) and bugger all new money.

It was an ill conceived idea, poorly executed. Seeing that one of the earliest contributions was from Newport County AFC was truly beyond parody.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Two things.

Firstly you seem to overlook the fact that whilst Newport County might be an obsession for sad f@cks like you and me, for most it is a discretionary spend.

Secondly, how on earth can Newport County donate money to Newport County? Four figure donations from the supporters club, directors, and Anonymous. (I think probably the Trust, happy to be corrected) and bugger all new money.

It was an ill conceived idea, poorly executed. Seeing that one of the earliest contributions was from Newport County AFC was truly beyond parody.
Can you substantiate the claim about the four figure Anonymous donation coming from the Trust? I've had nothing from the Trust saying that they are doing this and if correct, I'll be out of there.

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Two things.

Can you substantiate the claim about the four figure Anonymous donation coming from the Trust? I've had nothing from the Trust saying that they are doing this and if correct, I'll be out of there.
No Paul I can't. Which is why I say it is my belief and I am happy to be corrected if I am wrong.

Can you now clarify why a reasonably intelligent person such as yourself persists in asking such stupid questions?

Edit.

And if I'm not wrong I have no difficulty with the trust giving money to County. What is their purpose otherwise? If I were a trust member I would be out straight away if trust funds were spent on anything but County.
Last edited by Stan A. Einstein on July 2nd, 2020, 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Two things.

From what I can see the donation from NCAFC was the first one and for £10 - having done a few of these myself I'd guess that was to check the donation process was working.
Kudos to everyone who has donated any of their hard-earned in the current climate. Not quite sure why donations from directors aren't new money? Aren't they supporters elected to the Board rather than money men financing the club?

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Two things.

If it is from the Trust, I don't get the problem. The Trust has the majority shareholding of the club - surely all club owners will be providing finance in the current climate? Isn't that what owners do?

Jonesy3 wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Two things.

If it is from the Trust, I don't get the problem. The Trust has the majority shareholding of the club - surely all club owners will be providing finance in the current climate? Isn't that what owners do?
Neither do I.

To be clear. If the trust paid Newport County £5,000, I fail to see any problem. Amberexile seems to have a mission in life just to ask daft questions. I really don't no why.

If the £5,000 is from the trust, my point is that it is money already in the club and should not be passed off as new money.

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Can you now clarify why a reasonably intelligent person such as yourself persists in asking such stupid questions?
You'll find that it is done mainly when troublemakers make unsubstantiated accusations 8)
How does making yourself look stupid by asking daft questions help you do this? To me it just makes you look foolish.

And just help me with this. The Trust exists to assist Newport County. If the trust giving money to Newport County would make you leave the said trust, what would you have them do with their money? Give it to Cardiff City?

Sligo being full of normal people, :grin: likewise have a football team. Sligo is about one sixth the size of Newport. So when two days ago the club the club set up a go fund me page you may well think that the €50,000 target, was a bit optimistic.

Not for the bit o' red, as the club are affectionately known, any nonsense about shirt sponsorship. Rather the supporters trust, ( ring any bells?) took the view just ask for the money and be up front about it.

So in less than 48 hours how much do you think that raised. Remember Sligo is tiny compared to Newport?

a) € 5,000
b) € 16,000
c). € 25,000
d) € 30,000
e). €45,000.

I'll give you a little clue. The club are open and transparent, as a result of which they are trusted by supporters.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Sligo being full of normal people, :grin: likewise have a football team. Sligo is about one sixth the size of Newport. So when two days ago the club the club set up a go fund me page you may well think that the €50,000 target, was a bit optimistic.

Not for the bit o' red, as the club are affectionately known, any nonsense about shirt sponsorship. Rather the supporters trust, ( ring any bells?) took the view just ask for the money and be up front about it.

So in less than 48 hours how much do you think that raised. Remember Sligo is tiny compared to Newport?

a) € 5,000
b) € 16,000
c). € 25,000
d) € 30,000
e). €45,000.

I'll give you a little clue. The club are open and transparent, as a result of which they are trusted by supporters.
Isn't there a bit more to it than that? Sligo claim to be the Irish club 'worst-hit' by Covid, and allegedly they've lost 70% of their budgeted income. And they've called the appeal 'the fight for survival' - I read that as they'll go under without the help. Seems a bit more desperate than our situation. I'm sure there are plenty of examples of better fundraisers than the County one; I'm not sure this is it.

Jonesy3 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:Sligo being full of normal people, :grin: likewise have a football team. Sligo is about one sixth the size of Newport. So when two days ago the club the club set up a go fund me page you may well think that the €50,000 target, was a bit optimistic.

a) € 5,000
b) € 16,000
c). € 25,000
d) € 30,000
e). €45,000.

Isn't there a bit more to it than that? Sligo claim to be the Irish club 'worst-hit' by Covid, and allegedly they've lost 70% of their budgeted income. And they've called the appeal 'the fight for survival' - I read that as they'll go under without the help. Seems a bit more desperate than our situation. I'm sure there are plenty of examples of better fundraisers than the County one; I'm not sure this is it.
Per capita this is more money raised in two days than we managed in six weeks to save our club. And we were rightly impressed with our effort five years ago. And Sligo are not in any danger as far as I know of going bust. They have their own stadium and a supportive local authority.

But the point I want to make, if a town of 23,000 on the far west tip of Ireland, Europe in fact, can do this, then surely a city the size of Newport can. But time and again the communication from Newport County is simply not there.

If you want people to hand over their cash, you have to be open as to where it is being spent. And statements such as 'Our contract with Elite Management comes to an end in the summer' won't suffice. Because like it or not the immediate reaction of anyone who supports County and has three or more working brain cells is, 'It would have been nice to have been told we had a contract with Elite Management in the first place'.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
You'll find that it is done mainly when troublemakers make unsubstantiated accusations 8)
How does making yourself look stupid by asking daft questions help you do this? To me it just makes you look foolish.

And just help me with this. The Trust exists to assist Newport County. If the trust giving money to Newport County would make you leave the said trust, what would you have them do with their money? Give it to Cardiff City?
If I look foolish in your eyes, that's a positive in my eyes, it could mean I am getting through. I agree that you need help but consider your case beyond me :lol: