Re: New Shirt Sponsor!

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
RiscaRascal wrote:I've been supporting County for over 30 years and never felt so disillusioned. I feel totally detached from the club. Many years ago I walked to Rob Santwris Carpets in Maindee. I handed over hard earned money for the player fund. I felt involved then as a supporter, but sadly not any more. The Club is shrouded in secrecy and as a result I haven't given money for the shirt sponsorship. This pains me and I really fear for the future of Newport County. I can't be the only one who feels like this.
Sad to say you are probably in the majority it pains me to say.
By the way listening to these clowns on here nobody from Risca follows the club.
Clueless spokespeople or board members coming on here belittling supporters .
Its painful to read it

Evening Frank and Risca,

Sligo have now surpassed the €80,000 by the way. The real sadness is that the directors won't listen. Instead of maybe a little contrition, a small acknowledgment that if you want people to contribute, you have to have those people feel involved. Instead let the word travel forth from IMB and AGB that our board of directors are wonderful human beings and desperately maligned by an hysterical minority.

Justanordinaryfan wrote:Great gesture - some will not be happy methinks.
Why would anybody be unhappy?

Edit.

Let's cut the crap.

Those of us who are critical of the way Newport County are administered are critical because we not only want our club to do better but because we believe our club can do better.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Most pathetic comment on here for ages.
Totally idiotic.
Any fan would think that was a nice gesture.
The irony is incredible.

Great gesture Joe Ledley. With the extra 900 quid raised by the academy lads (Well done boys) that means we are almost there. Keep up the positivity folks! The doomers (and boomers) hate it!

weownourclub wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Most pathetic comment on here for ages.
Totally idiotic.
Any fan would think that was a nice gesture.
The irony is incredible.

Great gesture Joe Ledley. With the extra 900 quid raised by the academy lads (Well done boys) that means we are almost there. Keep up the positivity folks! The doomers (and boomers) hate it!
Your right the irony is incredibly you the board have created the doom and gloom around the club. Fans don't feel part of it anymore so much so some are boycotting home games.
Yet you are on here ridiculing fans for being concerned about their club.
The concern you have caused with your lack of communication, and transparency.
Give us something to be positive about before giving yourselves a big pat on the back.
There is a massive divide in this club that is not healthy for anyone and the best you can do is come on here and fuel it even more.
That for me is being pathetic not positive.

Just checking whether the people moaning about communication have read the clubs recent comprehensive release which has been very positively received on social media by a fair few who have previously slated the communication.

For the record I think communication has always been an area that needs major improvement.

A question for me is that I have read that the the club didn't look for and/or turned down shirt sponsorship to so this 'initiative'.

If this is true it really is a double whammy.

This hasn't been received well by supporters (of both the club and the THREE charities). It's well short of 500 individual club OR charity supporter donations which is an embarrassment.

Also as I keep harping on about I still can't understand why there wasn't a 'heart' charity nominated?

amberbhoy wrote: There is a massive divide in this club that is not healthy for anyone...
I wonder what it would be like without social media - especially in these circumstances where people can't go to a pub to discuss it.

Maybe the Trust could look at an interim Zoom or Teams on-line meeting?

What is the main business that needs to be discussed if a special general meeting can be called?

The Board of Directors upon an application by not less than 20 members or 5% of the membership, whichever is the greater, delivered to the Club’s registered office, shall convene a general meeting. The purpose of the special general meeting shall be stated in the application and notice of the meeting. No business other than that stated in the notice of the meeting shall be conducted at the meeting.

supporter wrote:Just checking whether the people moaning about communication have read the clubs recent comprehensive release which has been very positively received on social media by a fair few who have previously slated the communication.

For the record I think communication has always been an area that needs major improvement.
Yes mate, so does the person who asked Q17 on the recent club update. Very informative.