Re: New Shirt Sponsor!

weownourclub wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Justanordinaryfan wrote:Great gesture - some will not be happy methinks.
Most pathetic comment on here for ages.
Totally idiotic.
Any fan would think that was a nice gesture.
The irony is incredible.

Great gesture Joe Ledley. With the extra 900 quid raised by the academy lads (Well done boys) that means we are almost there. Keep up the positivity folks! The doomers (and boomers) hate it!
Seriously if you are on the board you need to rethink your position.
Totally sickening reply.

Just when you think that the idiots (sorry but 'idiots' is the kindest word I can manage) just when you thought the idiots who have charge of our club could debase the club and themselves no further they manage to up the lunacy to levels of such stupifying ridiculousness that my levels of competency in the English language can't do it justice.

Quote from the South Wales Argus.

'Newport County AFC have told supporters that a fundraising campaign to boost the budget for recruitment is a non starter.'

Lads I say this not in anger but in sorrow. You have told supporters nothing. Please take on board the message that supporters simply won't give you money because you can't be trusted not to go on being totally profligate. The reason there will be no fund raising campaign for player recruitment, or anything else, is because you are aware it would be an embarrassing failure. This pathetic attempt to deflect from your complete inadequacy made me cringe.

You fool nobody. For f@cks sake enough.

supporter wrote:Yes agree Pembs for a club that "doesn't" communicate there's a fairly comprehensive list of communications that they have made.
Yeh, agree with the question though. Why do they have to be prompted? If they can give a full summary in lockdown surely they can do it at other times. I agree with your comment, communication needs to be improved. Hope they carry on.

pembsexile wrote:
supporter wrote:Yes agree Pembs for a club that "doesn't" communicate there's a fairly comprehensive list of communications that they have made.
Yeh, agree with the question though. Why do they have to be prompted? If they can give a full summary in lockdown surely they can do it at other times. I agree with your comment, communication needs to be improved. Hope they carry on.

Barring that question, they never seem to answer (or even attempt to answer) the many questions raised on here, FB or Twitter. They just fill it with a load of nothing questions with, on most occasions, nothing answers.
Before anyone gives it ‘the usual suspects having a go’ bollocks, I’m certainly not against the Board and have argued as such with posters like Brendan, for example, on numerous occasions, sometimes though you just can’t.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
I agree , the reply was most comprehensive.
What a surprise.
Have a read of Exiles comments above.
Anybody got the sick bowl. :roll:

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:
What a surprise.
Hi Frank , I hope your sickness has subsided . This was the end of the Q&A, you might find it useful

We hope the above answers most of the many questions you may well have – but we recognise this is
not an exhaustive list.

We have tried to strike a balance of openness and transparency while also appreciating that these
are still very uncertain times for everyone.

If you do have a question that is not covered in the above Q&As please send an email to
office@newport-county.co.uk If we can answer we will do so, and if we are unable to do so we will
respond relaying that. All we ask from supporters is patience as we are operating a skeleton team so
there may well be a slight delay in responding.

Please stay safe.

Seems pretty reasonable to me.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:
What a surprise.
Hi Frank , I hope your sickness has subsided . This was the end of the Q&A, you might find it useful

We hope the above answers most of the many questions you may well have – but we recognise this is
not an exhaustive list.

We have tried to strike a balance of openness and transparency while also appreciating that these

If you do have a question that is not covered in the above Q&As please send an email to
office@newport-county.co.uk If we can answer we will do so, and if we are unable to do so we will
respond relaying that. All we ask from supporters is patience as we are operating a skeleton team so

Please stay safe.

The problem is that no questions posed on here, or elsewhere for that matter actually get answered.

We have honoured our contractual obligations with Rodney Parade is okay as far as it goes but......

Kevin Ward is on record as saying that the contract is not a very good one. So what progress if any has been made with respect to a new contact? If we were close to a new agreement in May 2019, as those in the Royal Box at Wembley were informed, why no progress in the one year and two months since? If we are unable to negotiate a suitable contract, what realistic options are open to us?

We know that Newport County have put the monies owed by defaulters into the hands of a debt collection agency. Have we sold the debt or is this a commission only arrangement? Who owes us money? How much? Is the board aware that if those monies are owed by defaulters who advertise with us that in not saying who the defaulters are, an unnecessary suspicion is being placed on those honest businesses which have paid their debts? Is the club aware that having encouraged County fans to use the services offered by advertisers, that if some are not paying their bills, that our club is encouraging fans to do business with rogues?

When Newport County answer questions like those above I will start to believe we are being transparent.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:
What a surprise.

not an exhaustive list.

Please stay safe.

Got me smiling again

Apart from taking pages and pages to state the obvious that we all new anyway the ask a question made me choke.

Remember a terribly hot day not many moons ago when powers to be refused to let anybody bring water into the ground and the marquee refused to give out free tap water.
A number of fans were overcome with heat exhaustion and St Johns were kept busy.

Well I sent an e mail to Shaun asking if this would be investigated.

No reply
10 days later sent again adding why did I not get the courtesy of a reply.
Week later Shaun replies.
"sorry been busy but that sounds bad will get on the case and get back within a few days.

Guess what.

Still waiting for the reply.

Its just like a certain Ex manager Mahoney was it still waiting for Sherman to return and save his job and the club.

Openness whoops where's that sick bowl gone.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
weownourclub wrote:
With the extra 900 quid raised by the academy lads (Well done boys)

And well done you for posting this eight hours before it was announced by the crowd funder.

I'm glad the club communicate with your good self. Perhaps they'll start doing it with the rest of us. :grin:
To be fair, it wasn't a secret. I've been following the Academy bike ride stuff on Twitter. They raised money through a JustGiving appeal and then donated the total to the Crowdfunder. So the amounts donated and the final total could be seen by anyone via the JustGiving page well before it appeared on the Crowdfunder site.
I think we should be saying congrats to the youngsters for their efforts.

Exile 1976 wrote:
pembsexile wrote:

Barring that question, they never seem to answer (or even attempt to answer) the many questions raised on here, FB or Twitter. They just fill it with a load of nothing questions with, on most occasions, nothing answers.
Before anyone gives it ‘the usual suspects having a go’ bollocks, I’m certainly not against the Board and have argued as such with posters like Brendan, for example, on numerous occasions, sometimes though you just can’t.
It appears that the answer to Q17 has been replicated today. I got it first in last weeks update. Repeated today.