Re: New Shirt Sponsor!

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
supporter wrote:Nearly 18k raised in just under 4 days.
The big question is how much of this is genuinely ‘new’ money, and not funds that would have always come into the Club’s coffers from other directions?
Think is is very relevant. Over 70% of the total money raised is from only 12 supporters (5.6% out of 213).
Pretty sure that the club would have probably received the majority of this cash in other forms. I'd be concerned about these percentages if I were running the campaign. I'm hoping there is "fresh" money from sources outside of the club (ie the competing charities) that will top this up further in the next 50 days.

Not sure we had to offer a "front of shirt" deal to achieve a similar deal. There are sleeve and shirt back spaces to offer to charities.

We've "sold" the front of the home and away kits, are we selling the front of a 3rd kit? I'm guessing that if the home kit is 40K, the away kit is 20K, then is the 3rd kit 10K??????

I heard that both Interbet & PaddyPower's deals were around this mark (a bit more actually) so makes sense.

I just hope this doesn't set a precedence going forward - we still need to be more professional off the field.

bignbeefy wrote:
Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
supporter wrote:Nearly 18k raised in just under 4 days.
The big question is how much of this is genuinely ‘new’ money, and not funds that would have always come into the Club’s coffers from other directions?
Think is is very relevant. Over 70% of the total money raised is from only 12 supporters (5.6% out of 213).
Pretty sure that the club would have probably received the majority of this cash in other forms. I'd be concerned about these percentages if I were running the campaign. I'm hoping there is "fresh" money from sources outside of the club (ie the competing charities) that will top this up further in the next 50 days.

Not sure we had to offer a "front of shirt" deal to achieve a similar deal. There are sleeve and shirt back spaces to offer to charities.

We've "sold" the front of the home and away kits, are we selling the front of a 3rd kit? I'm guessing that if the home kit is 40K, the away kit is 20K, then is the 3rd kit 10K??????

I heard that both Interbet & PaddyPower's deals were around this mark (a bit more actually) so makes sense.

I just hope this doesn't set a precedence going forward - we still need to be more professional off the field.

I was told that Paddy Power was an excellent deal and worth around £80-100k

Seems to be what I would expect from this type of initiative a small number of large donations making up a high percentage of the initial total raised to hopefully make the remaining target less daunting, ie we're only a couple of days into the fundraiser and nearly 50% of the target has been raised.

Only time will tell what the overall contribution picture will look like as the next 50 odd days unfold.

I agree if there are opportunities to separately sell different parts of the kit, be it shorts, sleeves etc then there is no reason why this isn't explored to maximise sponsorship revenue.

Perhaps we can adopt the cardboard cut out idea that the PL teams have introduced ? ..... say everyone purchases one and renews it for each game ?

The initial cost (whatever that may be)

.... and then say £10/£15 each game for adults and a fiver for kids ? .... renewable each game.

Wel really see if we actually want a FL club in Newport.

Back to shirt sponsorship. Earlier in this thread it was pointed out that 3000 of our regulars contributing £13 each would cover the whole deal. With a few larger donations already made, we are now down to a figure of 1400 donating the cost of one match ticket @£15. There are probably some who are not even aware this is happening. This appeal alone isn't going to sustain our club but it is indicative of our future chances.

To date the crowd fund has done ok with amount but the number of donations just over 200 is disappointing do we want a team to support.
I would like to see a bit more social media with maybe player videos it is their livelihood after all encouraging support.
The rumours and concern around Bennett and Matt being released would maybe be different if the core support / County Chat members almost 4,000 had stepped up.
At the moment the club have around 200 people who care - so cost down is key we can’t keep spending the cup money over and over again.
The club right now need to be supported if the crowd fund over funded then more budget for the team.