Re: New Shirt Sponsor!

Exile 1976 wrote:As usual we get a couple of people saying that we’re the owners and should be helping out. It’s a shirt sponsorship ffs, something we pay a commercial manager to sort out, yet nothing and it’s left to us to deal with it. Absolute shambles of a club.
Whether you agree or disagree with a decision made is of course up to you. Only my opinion but whilst I think it not a brilliant decision it's not the worst either. And in the present circumstances that whilst the failure to find a sponsor is certainly open to criticism, there are mitigating circumstances.

But by imposing decisions and then asking supporters to foot the bill it just gets everyone's backs up. Unfortunately as I have said in the past the present board of directors seems to be composed of people who just don't get it.

The 'it' being that if you want people to put their hands in their pockets, you have to give those people a say in the decision making, and transparency on where the money goes.

I now understand why the directors took so much exception to the mildest of terms 'gormless'. They are truly incapable of reflecting and learning. Gormless just about sums it up.

I'm getting seriously worried about the long term future of this club. We have a very small pot of gold left in the coffers from the FA Cup runs, which we seem to be falling back on, without attempting to raise any more revenue. I can't wait to hear what initiatives we may have up our sleeves for pre-season and the new season, if any.

The shirt sponsorship is our prime real estate for advertising. This is our best way of getting a sizable chunk of money into the club, yet we've failed. Poor commercial department, poor leadership, or both?

Exile 1976 wrote:As usual we get a couple of people saying that we’re the owners and should be helping out. It’s a shirt sponsorship ffs, something we pay a commercial manager to sort out, yet nothing and it’s left to us to deal with it. Absolute shambles of a club.
Spot on Exile

Seriously have we got a Commercial manager?
We seem to go through them by the bucket load.

The few poor souls who really think us as the owners (pause for a smirk) should stump up every time paid professional staff clearly fail and are clueless in their jobs is just nuts.

weownourclub wrote:£10,000 in 6 hours. Thank god most people are sound!

Oh **** off. I have shares, I’m a trust member, I buy a season ticket for myself and son & also buy merchandise.

I just don’t like the idea that we should have to bail out the commercial manager who should have sorted out sponsorship and not rely on the fans, whilst also pushing this with the ‘charity’ angle. Piss poor. I guess that doesn’t make me ‘sound’

Some of the earlier donations, including one from Newport County AFC seem to have disappeared. And an anonymous pledge of £5,000 seems to now be in place. And let us remember that these are pledges not money collected.

I am struggling to believe this. Utter nonsense gives it far too much credit.

Maybe efforts to secure shirt sponsorship have failed, not because of lack of effort, but because in these difficult commercial times, the business community is not awash with spare cash. Although the two are not linked, a week ago the suggestion of self-help for a stadium fund threw up the idea of a lot of people paying a small amount regularly, over ten years we now have people moaning about being asked to pay a small amount just once.

excessbee wrote:Maybe efforts to secure shirt sponsorship have failed, not because of lack of effort, but because in these difficult commercial times, the business community is not awash with spare cash. Although the two are not linked, a week ago the suggestion of self-help for a stadium fund threw up the idea of a lot of people paying a small amount regularly, over ten years we now have people moaning about being asked to pay a small amount just once.
You just don't get it do you?

Exile 1976 wrote:

Oh **** off. I have shares, I’m a trust member, I buy a season ticket for myself and son & also buy merchandise.

I just don’t like the idea that we should have to bail out the commercial manager who should have sorted out sponsorship and not rely on the fans, whilst also pushing this with the ‘charity’ angle. Piss poor. I guess that doesn’t make me ‘sound’
This just so how completely out of touch these people are. They invariably resort to a them and us angle. Real supporters who kiss arse, dodgy supporters who who ask questions.

This bollox going to make you give more of your hard earned to Newport County?

Thought not.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
excessbee wrote:Maybe efforts to secure shirt sponsorship have failed, not because of lack of effort, but because in these difficult commercial times, the business community is not awash with spare cash. Although the two are not linked, a week ago the suggestion of self-help for a stadium fund threw up the idea of a lot of people paying a small amount regularly, over ten years we now have people moaning about being asked to pay a small amount just once.
Show me a cause I can believe in, be open as to where the money goes, involve me in the decision making and I will give you my money on a regular basis.

Treat me as an idiot and I won't. Not a penny.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:

This just so how completely out of touch these people are. They invariably resort to a them and us angle. Real supporters who kiss arse, dodgy supporters who who ask questions.

This bollox going to make you give more of your hard earned to Newport County?

Thought not.

It winds me up. As you say, it’ll certainly make me think twice about throwing out money to them with that attitude.

Yeah I saw that there were two £1k pledges & one 5k pledge.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Go ahead, o wise one. Just what is it you think I don't get?