Re: New Shirt Sponsor!

As I see it, every other club in L1, L2 and NL will be in a similar position after a minimum of what is likely to be 6 months without gate and season ticket income and little TV or other income.

It will be the operational loss. It's a simple accounting fact. It's unavoidable.

excessbee wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
excessbee wrote:Where have I stated that your disbelief of the £750k is incorrect? I agree with you. Your analysis was based on trying to suggest figures that would amount to 750k, then disagreeing with the component parts. It didn't make the total in question. The bit I find difficult to swallow is the board using said person to put these figures in the public domain (if that's what Facebook can be called).
So help me. Do you believe Rob has made this up? For the avoidance of doubt, I am convinced utterly that Rob would not make this up.

So why do you believe Rob Santwris was given this information?
No Stan, it's you who believes Rob was given this information.
Yes. I do believe he was because otherwise he made it up. I have met Rob and I don't believe he would do that.

However I still qualify my remarks with an 'if'. So it is my opinion that Rob would not have made these comments unless he had been informed. If I am mistaken, no doubt I will be corrected.

NearlyDead wrote:As I see it, every other club in L1, L2 and NL will be in a similar position after a minimum of what is likely to be 6 months without gate and season ticket income and little TV or other income.

It will be the operational loss. It's a simple accounting fact. It's unavoidable.
I agree entirely.

Newport County will be adversely affected by Covid19. So will every other club. And those clubs with higher average attendance's will be affected to a greater degree.

It's a common misconception. Those who follow horseracing say such and such a horse likes heavy going. This is nonsense. All horses perform less well in heavy going. However some horses cope better than others with sodden turf. They gain a comparative advantage.

Likewise Covid19 will give a comparative advantage to clubs who have been financially astute.

whoareya wrote:At last, the secret of footballing success has been revealed.

Football clubs should only offer 2 year contracts to better players.

Just make sure you give the psychic/fortune teller a longer one.
Despite the sarcasm as usual, that fact is pretty correct not 2 years to the likes of Reynolds and all the dross Flynny picked up a year ago and before.

The problem goes the other way with tidy players after 2 years moving on to better things Dan , Hughesy etc.
Then we have the unbelievable like Mary turning down a contract and disappearing into oblivion.
Possibly the biggest mystery since we returned to the league was John Christophe Ayina who in my opinion was not bad at all.
Turned a contract down with us.
Came from Rochdale where he never got a kick and after joining half a dozen clubs around Europe after leaving us is now playing in Bulgaria for Pirin Blagoevgard (who you ask)/ :lol:
Have a look on Wiki as its amazing where he ends up every season without really doing anything at each club.

weownourclub wrote:3/4 of the way there. Fair play to all donating, supporting and sharing positivity during this sh## time. Incredible effort to be fair!! Once again, this thread was meant to be a positive. Well done all! UTC the club we all love!
Just 309 donated so hardly a success.
Not 75% yet either
£4K donated today from the Supporters Club?
How does that work as its not fresh money and who decided that.
Genuine question.
Take out all the big donations from a few board members and the initial mystery £5k and you are down to less than 50%.
Sorry but that's fact.

Why do people think only 309 contributed ?? that’s a serious question btw ..... there’s Queues around the block when we face the likes of Spurs an Man City, and well in excess of 309 people moaning like ****, on here, about every little nook and cranny.

I’m suspecting Wel get answer about the donations in the clubs name, soon enough, and the reality won’t be as horrifying as some think.

Justanordinaryfan wrote:Why do people think only 309 contributed ?? that’s a serious question btw ..... there’s Queues around the block when we face the likes of Spurs an Man City, and well in excess of 309 people moaning like ****, on here, about every little nook and cranny.

I’m suspecting Wel get answer about the donations in the clubs name, soon enough, and the reality won’t be as horrifying as some think.
That's easy because their is a running total on the Just Giving page :roll:
You complain about comments on here then on the last 2 occasions you mouth off profanities yourself.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
weownourclub wrote:3/4 of the way there. Fair play to all donating, supporting and sharing positivity during this sh## time. Incredible effort to be fair!! Once again, this thread was meant to be a positive. Well done all! UTC the club we all love!
Just 309 donated so hardly a success.
Not 75% yet either
£4K donated today from the Supporters Club?
How does that work as its not fresh money and who decided that.
Genuine question.
Take out all the big donations from a few board members and the initial mystery £5k and you are down to less than 50%.
Sorry but that's fact.
Hi Frank,
I can answer the question raised about the £4k.
It is an additional donation and was agreed by the committee the other evening.

excessbee wrote:The Supporters Club has made regular donations to the club for as long as I can remember. Some for specific reasons, usually just doing what it says on the tin..... supporting.
I think that you make the point. It's not money which in any event would not have made it's way to the club. I suspect that is true of all the large donations. I make no criticism of those making the donations but if you calculate the monies raised by individuals making small contributions, which probably is new money, it is very little.