Re: New Shirt Sponsor!

Whilst Sligo Rovers Supporters Club, have not put in €4,000, nor the Sligo Rovers subscription draw €1,000, nor indeed the Sligo Rovers Business club €1,000 somehow on small donations alone they have raised €73,000+. True a member of the Sligo boy band Westlife did give €2,500 but that's it.

I do so hope Mr Bryant as he goes to sleep tonight, just takes a moment to think that people who know what they're doing don't think about what has gone right but concentrate on what went wrong and how to remedy it.

I can guarantee logging on this time every evening and continue to read total tosh from the BOD's official spokesman AGB.
To start with I have never read any critiscm of Norman and the work he does, albeit the total farce with kit paid up front and failing to turn up last year.
3 cheers for the BOD and whoever was running the Commercial team at the time
Secondly having lived in Risca for 30 years until recently moving to Rogerstone guess what I support Newport County as do loads of pals still living up there.
AGB you are totally clueless up on your cloud.
GF if you read all this claptrap from him please have a word as its not doing you any favours hence nobody is interested in the current begging bowl.
Yours Sincerely.
Frank

Would anybody know what type of work the 1.8% of Central Europeans undertake in Newport and the surrounding community?

I recall FM Carwyn Jones berating their working conditions several years ago, I cannot imagine they would have a spare £400 for a season ticket after they have sent their money back to their families

Alan G Bryant wrote:Would anybody know what type of work the 1.8% of Central Europeans undertake in Newport and the surrounding community?

I recall FM Carwyn Jones berating their working conditions several years ago, I cannot imagine they would have a spare £400 for a season ticket after they have sent their money back to their families
Clearly that's a waste of time then so lets cross them off the list.
Whats next off the list babys and maybe under 5 year olds next eh?
Blimey we have nobody left to attract over to watch us.
Problem solved all back on our derrieres.

Now as Faerun Exile states lets get out the sandwiches.

Can sleep with a smile on my face now
Cheers AGB

Alan G Bryant wrote:Would anybody know what type of work the 1.8% of Central Europeans undertake in Newport and the surrounding community?

£400 for a season ticket. You know something we don't?

Still I suppose we wouldn't want Slavonic people watch our lads. And Blacks and Asians we certainly don't want them. Nor gays for that matter. And poor people, they are the worst of the lot. In fact anybody who can't afford a £400 season ticket should just crawl in the gutter and die.I think there are some people who read this board who fall into these groupings. I just hope they get the message.

I think we should have the lads run out to 'Tomorrow belongs to me'.

Ya. Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Fuhrer

By the way Alan, my late Polish partner was a maths teacher and she earned enough to go and watch Arsenal.

What an awful comment on every level.

IMB wrote:

What an awful comment on every level.
I agree. It did annoy me.

However, although no doubt inadvertently, it does highlight a problem for which all football clubs are to blame. Up until fairly recently going to the football was about as expensive as going to the cinema. Certainly when I was a young man in the '70's and '80's it was. Now it is about double the cost. The upshot of this being that people on limited incomes are priced out.

"To start with I have never read any critiscm of Norman and the work he does, albeit the total farce with kit paid up front and failing to turn up last year".

Frank, Norman runs County in the Community. While he worked at the Academy many years ago, the Community and the Academy are run separately and the above quote has nothing to do with Norman.

Melling's equaliser wrote:"To start with I have never read any critiscm of Norman and the work he does, albeit the total farce with kit paid up front and failing to turn up last year".

Frank, Norman runs County in the Community. While he worked at the Academy many years ago, the Community and the Academy are run separately and the above quote has nothing to do with Norman.
You are correct. However the point is that the fiasco of charging parents up front for kit which arrived months late undoes a lot of good work.

It needs to be remembered that attracting new customers/fans is difficult and nobody should suggest otherwise. However losing supporters by treatment which is of an unacceptably low standard is unforgivable.