Re: New Shirt Sponsor!

So now we have three or is it four shirt sponsors plus the £38k and counting - that is a result - I wonder how much Paddy Power paid? I think there is a good chance we have earned more this year.
Giving a company free sponsorship is probably the most ridiculous idea I have heard - I doubt the shirt sponsor has any material influence on shirt sales - the same people buy year in year out the same people would never buy.
The innovative shirt sponsor idea has been a success.

County ranger wrote:So now we have three or is it four shirt sponsors plus the £38k and counting - that is a result - I wonder how much Paddy Power paid? I think there is a good chance we have earned more this year.
Giving a company free sponsorship is probably the most ridiculous idea I have heard - I doubt the shirt sponsor has any material influence on shirt sales - the same people buy year in year out the same people would never buy.
Sorry to disappoint you Gavin you might have raised the money, but we can see a lot of it has come from moving money from one of the various organizations that donate to club to the crowdfunding. If you shout loud enough you might convince yourself it's been a success, but most of us can see through the bull .

Apparently League Two Clubs are averaging between £50k and £100k in shirt sponsorship. It should also be remembered that this would be all new money!

Not sure where NCFC with its various deals sit, but we must recognise the challenging economic conditions in trying to raise money. Although evidence of the Commercial Depts dynamism has been sadly missing since James left.

amberbhoy wrote:
County ranger wrote:So now we have three or is it four shirt sponsors plus the £38k and counting - that is a result - I wonder how much Paddy Power paid? I think there is a good chance we have earned more this year.
Sorry to disappoint you Gavin you might have raised the money, but we can see a lot of it has come from moving money from one of the various organizations that donate to club to the crowdfunding. If you shout loud enough you might convince yourself it's been a success, but most of us can see through the bull .
Agreed

Willthiswork wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote: Funny old thing even on an unofficial forum any satirical criticism of our wonderful BOD and there forward thinking gets deleted. :roll:
What has been deleted, nothing by the Mods.
There were a number of good ideas by contributors.
I replied on the lines of its a pity the board do not listen but are happy to sit back on the derrieres and hope it all works out.
Ostriches were mentioned.
All these comments deleted.
Why?

Just seen that Plumstop have sponsored the back of the home kit so that’s three sponsors now.The third kit is still blank but any local companies out there have a great chance to get involved,help their company get exposure.Any fans with a business or any fans who work for or know a local business who may be interested,let’s get these shirts sponsored.Then there is the shorts,don’t know the costings but there must be organisations with a smallish budget available,if any read this then give Alex a call.

Percy plunkett wrote:Just seen that Plumstop have sponsored the back of the home kit so that’s three sponsors now.The third kit is still blank but any local companies out there have a great chance to get involved,help their company get exposure.Any fans with a business or any fans who work for or know a local business who may be interested,let’s get these shirts sponsored.Then there is the shorts,don’t know the costings but there must be organisations with a smallish budget available,if any read this then give Alex a call.
Looking on the website at that statements issued by the club over the last 2-3 weeks, the sponsors' list to date is:
  • Home shirt front: one of the three crowdfunder charities
    Home shirt back: Plumbstop
    Away shirt front: Pure Vans
    Away shit back: Hoodhill Motors
    Third shirt back: Seren Fach Nursery
    Tickets sponsor: Kingsway Shopping Centre
I thought I'd read something about a sponsor for the front of the third shirt but can't find it, so I might have imagined it. (It's a age thing!)

Amberexile wrote:The away shirt is due to be unveiled today I do believe.
Week commencing July 27 according to the club statement from a couple of weeks ago, so this week but not necessarily today. Think the club shop opens Thursday to Saturday at the moment so more likely at the end of the week I'd guess.

Jonesy3 wrote:
Amberexile wrote:The away shirt is due to be unveiled today I do believe.
Week commencing July 27 according to the club statement from a couple of weeks ago, so this week but not necessarily today. Think the club shop opens Thursday to Saturday at the moment so more likely at the end of the week I'd guess.
Cheers, I was going by a post on Twitter, not from the club, so shall curb my impatience

By any measure how has crowd funding to raise Money to put a charity on the shirt been an innovative success?

Where is your proof that the name of the shirt sponsor has no impact on the purchasing decision of people.... any solid data to back up that statement? The brand, PR and marketing teams of the companies who sponsor football league clubs would be glad of your insight and expertise.

Jonesy3 wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Just seen that Plumstop have sponsored the back of the home kit so that’s three sponsors now.The third kit is still blank but any local companies out there have a great chance to get involved,help their company get exposure.Any fans with a business or any fans who work for or know a local business who may be interested,let’s get these shirts sponsored.Then there is the shorts,don’t know the costings but there must be organisations with a smallish budget available,if any read this then give Alex a call.
Looking on the website at that statements issued by the club over the last 2-3 weeks, the sponsors' list to date is:
  • Home shirt front: one of the three crowdfunder charities
    Home shirt back: Plumbstop
    Away shirt front: Pure Vans
    Away shit back: Hoodhill Motors
    Third shirt back: Seren Fach Nursery
    Tickets sponsor: Kingsway Shopping Centre
I thought I'd read something about a sponsor for the front of the third shirt but can't find it, so I might have imagined it. (It's a age thing!)
The back of the away shirt did'nt look that bad to me.