New Shirt Sponsor!

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

County ranger

Re: New Shirt Sponsor!

Postby County ranger » July 25th, 2020, 4:22 pm

So now we have three or is it four shirt sponsors plus the £38k and counting - that is a result - I wonder how much Paddy Power paid? I think there is a good chance we have earned more this year.
Giving a company free sponsorship is probably the most ridiculous idea I have heard - I doubt the shirt sponsor has any material influence on shirt sales - the same people buy year in year out the same people would never buy.
The innovative shirt sponsor idea has been a success.
no avatar
User

amberbhoy

Re: New Shirt Sponsor!

Postby amberbhoy » July 25th, 2020, 5:35 pm

County ranger wrote:So now we have three or is it four shirt sponsors plus the £38k and counting - that is a result - I wonder how much Paddy Power paid? I think there is a good chance we have earned more this year.
Giving a company free sponsorship is probably the most ridiculous idea I have heard - I doubt the shirt sponsor has any material influence on shirt sales - the same people buy year in year out the same people would never buy.
The innovative shirt sponsor idea has been a success.


Sorry to disappoint you Gavin you might have raised the money, but we can see a lot of it has come from moving money from one of the various organizations that donate to club to the crowdfunding. If you shout loud enough you might convince yourself it's been a success, but most of us can see through the bull .
no avatar
User

Taunton Iron Cider

Location

Taunton

Re: New Shirt Sponsor!

Postby Taunton Iron Cider » July 25th, 2020, 6:21 pm

Apparently League Two Clubs are averaging between £50k and £100k in shirt sponsorship. It should also be remembered that this would be all new money!

Not sure where NCFC with its various deals sit, but we must recognise the challenging economic conditions in trying to raise money. Although evidence of the Commercial Depts dynamism has been sadly missing since James left.
no avatar
User

excessbee

Re: New Shirt Sponsor!

Postby excessbee » July 25th, 2020, 6:27 pm

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:Apparently League Two Clubs are averaging between £50k and £100k in shirt sponsorship.


That's a bit of a vague statement. Have you any more details of other clubs' shirt sponsorship deals?
no avatar
User

Trigger

Re: New Shirt Sponsor!

Postby Trigger » July 25th, 2020, 6:39 pm

amberbhoy wrote:
County ranger wrote:So now we have three or is it four shirt sponsors plus the £38k and counting - that is a result - I wonder how much Paddy Power paid? I think there is a good chance we have earned more this year.
Giving a company free sponsorship is probably the most ridiculous idea I have heard - I doubt the shirt sponsor has any material influence on shirt sales - the same people buy year in year out the same people would never buy.
The innovative shirt sponsor idea has been a success.


Sorry to disappoint you Gavin you might have raised the money, but we can see a lot of it has come from moving money from one of the various organizations that donate to club to the crowdfunding. If you shout loud enough you might convince yourself it's been a success, but most of us can see through the bull .

Agreed
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Re: New Shirt Sponsor!

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » July 25th, 2020, 11:02 pm

Willthiswork wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Funny old thing even on an unofficial forum any satirical criticism of our wonderful BOD and there forward thinking gets deleted. :roll:


What has been deleted, nothing by the Mods.

There were a number of good ideas by contributors.
I replied on the lines of its a pity the board do not listen but are happy to sit back on the derrieres and hope it all works out.
Ostriches were mentioned.
All these comments deleted.
Why?
no avatar
User

excessbee

Re: New Shirt Sponsor!

Postby excessbee » July 26th, 2020, 5:52 am

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:

................

Problem solved all back on our derrieres.

Now as Faerun Exile states lets get out the sandwiches.

Can sleep with a smile on my face now
..............



This one, Frank? It's still there, (I've edited it).
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Re: New Shirt Sponsor!

Postby Percy plunkett » July 26th, 2020, 12:32 pm

Just seen that Plumstop have sponsored the back of the home kit so that’s three sponsors now.The third kit is still blank but any local companies out there have a great chance to get involved,help their company get exposure.Any fans with a business or any fans who work for or know a local business who may be interested,let’s get these shirts sponsored.Then there is the shorts,don’t know the costings but there must be organisations with a smallish budget available,if any read this then give Alex a call.
no avatar
User

Jonesy3

Re: New Shirt Sponsor!

Postby Jonesy3 » July 26th, 2020, 3:20 pm

Percy plunkett wrote:Just seen that Plumstop have sponsored the back of the home kit so that’s three sponsors now.The third kit is still blank but any local companies out there have a great chance to get involved,help their company get exposure.Any fans with a business or any fans who work for or know a local business who may be interested,let’s get these shirts sponsored.Then there is the shorts,don’t know the costings but there must be organisations with a smallish budget available,if any read this then give Alex a call.


Looking on the website at that statements issued by the club over the last 2-3 weeks, the sponsors' list to date is:
[list=]Home shirt front: one of the three crowdfunder charities
Home shirt back: Plumbstop
Away shirt front: Pure Vans
Away shit back: Hoodhill Motors
Third shirt back: Seren Fach Nursery
Tickets sponsor: Kingsway Shopping Centre[/list]

I thought I'd read something about a sponsor for the front of the third shirt but can't find it, so I might have imagined it. (It's a age thing!)
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Re: New Shirt Sponsor!

Postby Percy plunkett » July 26th, 2020, 3:44 pm

I missed the Seren statement so,we only need front of third kit for the full set now.
User avatar
User

Amberexile

Location

Sheffield

Re: New Shirt Sponsor!

Postby Amberexile » July 27th, 2020, 11:03 am

The away shirt is due to be unveiled today I do believe.
no avatar
User

Jonesy3

Re: New Shirt Sponsor!

Postby Jonesy3 » July 27th, 2020, 11:35 am

Amberexile wrote:The away shirt is due to be unveiled today I do believe.


Week commencing July 27 according to the club statement from a couple of weeks ago, so this week but not necessarily today. Think the club shop opens Thursday to Saturday at the moment so more likely at the end of the week I'd guess.
User avatar
User

Amberexile

Location

Sheffield

Re: New Shirt Sponsor!

Postby Amberexile » July 27th, 2020, 3:55 pm

Jonesy3 wrote:
Amberexile wrote:The away shirt is due to be unveiled today I do believe.


Week commencing July 27 according to the club statement from a couple of weeks ago, so this week but not necessarily today. Think the club shop opens Thursday to Saturday at the moment so more likely at the end of the week I'd guess.


Cheers, I was going by a post on Twitter, not from the club, so shall curb my impatience
no avatar
User

Athletico Lovells

Re: New Shirt Sponsor!

Postby Athletico Lovells » July 27th, 2020, 8:35 pm

County ranger wrote:So now we have three or is it four shirt sponsors plus the £38k and counting - that is a result - I wonder how much Paddy Power paid? I think there is a good chance we have earned more this year.
Giving a company free sponsorship is probably the most ridiculous idea I have heard - I doubt the shirt sponsor has any material influence on shirt sales - the same people buy year in year out the same people would never buy.
The innovative shirt sponsor idea has been a success.


By any measure how has crowd funding to raise Money to put a charity on the shirt been an innovative success?

Where is your proof that the name of the shirt sponsor has no impact on the purchasing decision of people.... any solid data to back up that statement? The brand, PR and marketing teams of the companies who sponsor football league clubs would be glad of your insight and expertise.
no avatar
User

llanwern exile

Location

Usually in the milton

Re: New Shirt Sponsor!

Postby llanwern exile » July 28th, 2020, 12:08 am

Jonesy3 wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Just seen that Plumstop have sponsored the back of the home kit so that’s three sponsors now.The third kit is still blank but any local companies out there have a great chance to get involved,help their company get exposure.Any fans with a business or any fans who work for or know a local business who may be interested,let’s get these shirts sponsored.Then there is the shorts,don’t know the costings but there must be organisations with a smallish budget available,if any read this then give Alex a call.


Looking on the website at that statements issued by the club over the last 2-3 weeks, the sponsors' list to date is:
[list=]Home shirt front: one of the three crowdfunder charities
Home shirt back: Plumbstop
Away shirt front: Pure Vans
Away shit back: Hoodhill Motors
Third shirt back: Seren Fach Nursery
Tickets sponsor: Kingsway Shopping Centre[/list]

I thought I'd read something about a sponsor for the front of the third shirt but can't find it, so I might have imagined it. (It's a age thing!)

The back of the away shirt did'nt look that bad to me.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Powered by phpBB ®