New Shirt Sponsor!

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

Jonesy3

Re: New Shirt Sponsor!

Postby Jonesy3 » July 28th, 2020, 11:33 am

llanwern exile wrote:
Jonesy3 wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Just seen that Plumstop have sponsored the back of the home kit so that’s three sponsors now.The third kit is still blank but any local companies out there have a great chance to get involved,help their company get exposure.Any fans with a business or any fans who work for or know a local business who may be interested,let’s get these shirts sponsored.Then there is the shorts,don’t know the costings but there must be organisations with a smallish budget available,if any read this then give Alex a call.


Looking on the website at that statements issued by the club over the last 2-3 weeks, the sponsors' list to date is:
[list=]Home shirt front: one of the three crowdfunder charities
Home shirt back: Plumbstop
Away shirt front: Pure Vans
Away shit back: Hoodhill Motors
Third shirt back: Seren Fach Nursery
Tickets sponsor: Kingsway Shopping Centre[/list]

I thought I'd read something about a sponsor for the front of the third shirt but can't find it, so I might have imagined it. (It's a age thing!)

The back of the away shirt did'nt look that bad to me.


:lol:
User avatar
User

Amberexile

Location

Sheffield

Re: New Shirt Sponsor!

Postby Amberexile » July 29th, 2020, 10:12 am

I see in today's newsletter that the Trust have admitted that they donated the £5,000 to the shirt sponsor fund as Stan guessed .

There is no mention that this was done in exchange for shares in the club which is the usual process for donations from Trust to Club.

I have been previously satisfied that the club can use this money for the players budget as with other Trust donations but what a dumb thing to do. They seem to have given up on reaching the ownership threshold previously set. Maybe this is because some existing shareholders will not part with their shares but in my view they should still be looking to maximise the Trust shareholding at every opportunity.
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Re: New Shirt Sponsor!

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » July 29th, 2020, 10:40 am

Amberexile wrote:I see in today's newsletter that the Trust have admitted that they donated the £5,000 to the shirt sponsor fund as Stan guessed .

There is no mention that this was done in exchange for shares in the club which is the usual process for donations from Trust to Club.

I have been previously satisfied that the club can use this money for the players budget as with other Trust donations but what a dumb thing to do. They seem to have given up on reaching the ownership threshold previously set. Maybe this is because some existing shareholders will not part with their shares but in my view they should still be looking to maximise the Trust shareholding at every opportunity.

It was pledged as anonymous also.
Really think this is a total disgrace.
No shares in Exchange.
We own our club is a total joke.
Take this £5K out the £4K from the Supporters club plus those few Directors that put a few thousand in between them, a couple of sponsors, those Non County fans whose charities are involved also, you are left with maybe £20K from supporters and the fella - director? who started this thread states its been a success etc etc.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Re: New Shirt Sponsor!

Postby Stan A. Einstein » July 29th, 2020, 10:42 am

Amberexile wrote:I see in today's newsletter that the Trust have admitted that they donated the £5,000 to the shirt sponsor fund as Stan guessed .

There is no mention that this was done in exchange for shares in the club which is the usual process for donations from Trust to Club.

I have been previously satisfied that the club can use this money for the players budget as with other Trust donations but what a dumb thing to do. They seem to have given up on reaching the ownership threshold previously set. Maybe this is because some existing shareholders will not part with their shares but in my view they should still be looking to maximise the Trust shareholding at every opportunity.


Paul,

I have often wondered why, notwithstanding our frequent clashes on this board, I have a soft spot for you. Pausing only to add that on this occasion the soft spot is not a bog on the outskirts of Ballinafad. Now I know, it is because I am as big a pedant as you.

So two things. It wasn't a guess on my part. I looked at the facts as they stood and worked out the most likely scenario. Those facts being where else could the money have come from? And are those in charge of our club so stupid as to be dumb enough to have done this?

The inner sanctum of directors of Newport County are the most utterly ridiculous grouping. If Brian Rix were still alive, he would no doubt point out that at its heart all farce relies on having total incompetents with no sense of their absolute lack of ability, bolloxing up everything whilst being utterly pompous.

Fraser Crane meets Groucho Marks. As sitcom it's funny. In charge of a football team, which for many on this board is a passion, it is just very sad.
User avatar
User

Amberexile

Location

Sheffield

Re: New Shirt Sponsor!

Postby Amberexile » July 29th, 2020, 10:49 am

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:It was pledged as anonymous also.
Really think this is a total disgrace.
No shares in Exchange.
We own our club is a total joke.
Take this £5K out the £4K from the Supporters club plus those few Directors that put a few thousand in between them, a couple of sponsors, those Non County fans whose charities are involved also, you are left with maybe £20K from supporters and the fella - director? who started this thread states its been a success etc etc.


At least they have fessed up but not great.
The board obviously had a plan of how they would reach the target, with regular drops from directors etc as the donations flagged to keep it going. They seem to have made a judgement of how gullible us fans are and with the gullibility rating now above 95%, they seem to have done an excellent job of that while keeping their powder dry on the ultimate save our club appeal if that needs to be done in the future.
I think it shows where in the organisation the brains that do exist are.
To quote a great man. "It wouldn't be Newport County otherwise".
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Re: New Shirt Sponsor!

Postby Stan A. Einstein » July 29th, 2020, 10:59 am

Amberexile wrote:

The board obviously had a plan......



:lol:

I really did. I genuinely laughed. I know went on to qualify that which you said but Gavin Foxhall and Kevin Ward having plan? No. To have a plan you have to have a brain.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Re: New Shirt Sponsor!

Postby Stan A. Einstein » July 29th, 2020, 11:39 am

County ranger wrote:

Stan.... ...I believe you were a lawyer so surely you have a grasp of how a board works........they try and be imaginative you moan!............ If not them reduce the budget by £40k and let's release / not sign another player
So, a bit of imagination seeking core support..........!



Yes I am a barrister. Yes I do know how our board works. They are imaginative.

So imaginative that that they imagine that if you take a £20 note out of your wallet and put it in your purse it magically becomes £40.

Now be a good fellow. Go back to your masters and tell them that they are a laughing stock. Tell them that their fund raising from a city of 150,000 raised about a quarter of the amount that a club in a small Irish town one seventh the size of Newport managed to raise. Point out that whilst I might shout from the roof tops that they are incompetent, arrogant, pompous and ridiculous, it seems that the silent majority, that overwhelming number who support the board, chose not to put their hands in their pockets.

Ask them just once to reflect. Ask them just once to think perhaps they need to change how they behave. A bit of humility on their part. A sorry to those who they have let down so badly.

Posing with the FA Cup, posing with four tickets for a Cup tie, which some genuine supporters couldn't get a ticket for, coming on this board and lying about me, are not how you run a football club.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Re: New Shirt Sponsor!

Postby Stan A. Einstein » July 29th, 2020, 11:55 am

Alan G Bryant wrote:I just typed In google

‘ will coronavirus affect shirt sponsorship’

Quite interesting.


I just typed into Google

Gerald Ratner, how a director can f@ck up a company.

Quite interesting.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Re: New Shirt Sponsor!

Postby Stan A. Einstein » July 29th, 2020, 1:06 pm

Justanordinaryfan wrote:I think Wel find Amberexile to be proved correct.


Surely you meant Stan? 8)
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Re: New Shirt Sponsor!

Postby Stan A. Einstein » July 29th, 2020, 1:20 pm

Amberexile wrote:
For the third time Paul. You have made it very clear that if the £5,000 came from the trust you would BE OUT OF THERE.' ( My emphasise.)





1. It is not the donation that I object to per se, but if the accusation is true I would object strongly to the anonymity. It is hardly transparent is it? However, it doesn't seem that you can substantiate it so the point is rather moot.
[/quote]

Well it's not moot any more, is it?

To be clear. I'm not being critical of you. I believe that the directors of Newport County, at least the inner group, have shat upon many genuine supporters who have taken them seriously. If my sceptical nature has allowed me to see things others missed so be it.

But this wasn't dumb. This was a deliberate attempt to disguise old money as new. It was exactly the same ploy that Newport County tried to pull a decade ago. Announcing that we had cleared our 'historic debt'. Whilst failing to announce that the truth was that County had borrowed money to pay off debts.

Let me tell you why this matters. I don't know whether you will now withdraw from the Trust. But these types of shenanigans are exactly why so many of us, who want to contribute financially, won't.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Re: New Shirt Sponsor!

Postby Stan A. Einstein » July 29th, 2020, 1:43 pm

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:Paul,

The trust money goes to the club. How that money is spent, for example how much of that money is used to pay off monies lost at Employment Tribunals is a mystery. So don't get why you haven't gotten out.

Proof? For the final time the facts as I see them lead me to believe that the £5,000 came from the trust. I don't see who else it would have been. However I stated I could be wrong. If I had proof I would not say that I could be wrong. You really are a bore.


Because what you say is not true and although it has been explained to you at length before, still you persist with these falsehoods.Bizarre. The Trust have told us how the money is spent and what they say makes perfect sense being the most logical use for money donated to the club. It really does make you look silly when you persist with these fantasies and then base your argument on them.

So basically you just made it up in a vane attempt to bolster a pathetically weak argument. For all we know it could have been you who donated the money, can you prove that you didn't?


As most readers will have guessed, I am reading through this thread.

I do actually like you Paul. On reflection it would be nice if you chose to say that this particular post is one which you regret.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Re: New Shirt Sponsor!

Postby Stan A. Einstein » July 29th, 2020, 1:51 pm

George Street-Bridge wrote:Seriously Stan, anyone reading this thread even without knowing the back story would fear you might be unravelling again.


Being right means I might be unravelling again?

Oh dear, not only a post in questionable taste, but just so wrong when the facts be known.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Re: New Shirt Sponsor!

Postby Stan A. Einstein » July 29th, 2020, 1:56 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
I get that, you get that, 66% of trust members who haven't donated to this fund get.


When I'm wrong I always admit it.

In fact 100% of Trust membership donated. The 66% just didn't realize that they had.

8)
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Re: New Shirt Sponsor!

Postby Stan A. Einstein » July 29th, 2020, 1:59 pm

Rant over.

I look forward to reading Alan G Bryant's take on all of this.
no avatar
User

neilcork68

Re: New Shirt Sponsor!

Postby neilcork68 » July 29th, 2020, 2:00 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:I just typed In google

‘ will coronavirus affect shirt sponsorship’

Quite interesting.


I just typed into Google

Gerald Ratner, how a director can f@ck up a company.

Quite interesting.




So according to Alan G Bryant who is obviously the Boards appointed person to post on here to shut up the 'hysterical minority ' it is better to move money from 'POT A' to 'POT B' which is effectively what the Trust has done than seek new monies raised by seeking a new shirt sponsor ???
Stop me if I am wrong here and just to clarify ,,,,,,,Money already donated by the owners of the club who pay towards the trust has seen that money transfer into the save our shirt campaign rather than the Commercial Department seeking NEW MONEY from a company to sponsor the shirt ?????
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Powered by phpBB ®