Re: Bar Amber Closes

This is a real shame - the best venue for match day by far and perhaps an indicator of how significant this situation is going to get. Hopefully the lease will remain available - cant see anyone else opening a pub anytime soon - and we can take it up again in the future.

NEWPORT County AFC Supporters’ Trust has decided not to renew its lease on the Bar Amber pub.

The Trust has run the Clarence Place pub for the last two years and the current lease expired at the end of May.

The enforced closure of the premises due to the Covid-19 pandemic has worsened the economic outlook for the pub and the Trust’s Board felt it would be inappropriate to continue to use Trust funds on rent, utilities and other costs while not knowing when Bar Amber could reopen or the new football season start.

While the Trust will no longer run the premises, a working group is looking at how Bar Amber might continue to operate as a community pub using the Plunkett Foundation as a model, with any profits still donated to the Trust.

Kevinmoorefellover wrote:NEWPORT County AFC Supporters’ Trust has decided not to renew its lease on the Bar Amber pub.

The Trust has run the Clarence Place pub for the last two years and the current lease expired at the end of May.

The enforced closure of the premises due to the Covid-19 pandemic has worsened the economic outlook for the pub and the Trust’s Board felt it would be inappropriate to continue to use Trust funds on rent, utilities and other costs while not knowing when Bar Amber could reopen or the new football season start.

While the Trust will no longer run the premises, a working group is looking at how Bar Amber might continue to operate as a community pub using the Plunkett Foundation as a model, with any profits still donated to the Trust.
I don't have the figures to know whether not renewing the lease is a good idea or not. If I were a cynic I might wonder if an extra £5,000 in the coffers might have made a difference.

This is the problem isn't it? When you are told nothing, anything could be true.

whoareya wrote:There are people in life who's glass is half full
There are people in life who's glass is half empty

Then there are people in life who's glass is so far up their shit-pipe that being half full or empty just makes the same stink.
Then there are people who think Iranian gunners shooting down an airplane full of passengers is a good basis for humour. :roll:

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:

Then there are people in life who's glass is so far up their shit-pipe that being half full or empty just makes the same stink.
Then there are people who think Iranian gunners shooting down an airplane full of passengers is a good basis for humour. :roll:
Go for a jog Derek - you humourless plum

Well I'm sure we all welcomed that reasoned, thoughtful and dare I say measured contribution to the debate?

However much as I appreciate your support, I am hoping to persuade those who disagree with me that they should think again. I'm not really sure that ramming beer glasses up their backsides will advance those hopes.

Maybe you know something I don't. The little peccadilloes of my fellow man never cease to astound me.

whoareya wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:

Go for a jog Derek - you humourless plum
Humourless he says
Sorry that was sattire I forgot :roll:
Seek help sunshine

ps bit wet :lol: