Re: Bar Amber Closes

Fu Ming wrote:Shame the lease is not being renewed, but given the current circumstances perhaps a wise financial decision, with no money coming in.
Hopefully when pubs reopen and the footie has crowds and it is still available then we can take up a new license
Quite.

I would have thought that nobody would want to rent the premises at the moment. I would have tried to negotiate with the landlord, whoever they are, to say we would renew the lease when restrictions are lifted. Perhaps that's what did happen. Although it isn't what is being said.

Fu Ming wrote:Shame the lease is not being renewed, but given the current circumstances perhaps a wise financial decision, with no money coming in.
Hopefully when pubs reopen and the footie has crowds and it is still available then we can take up a new license
Yes a wise financial decision and the kind of approach that many companies will take when considering their sponsorship budget whilst having to make employees redundant.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Yes a wise financial decision and the kind of approach that many companies will take when considering their sponsorship budget whilst having to make employees redundant.
Alan, help me.

If Bar Amber was turning in a profit, would it not have been a better decision to have sought a delay in the renewal of the lease?

Alan G Bryant wrote:
You may be correct there.
With the new improved openness to us owners (pause for chuckle) we will be informed in due course of the savings made here.
Sure the costs of this desirable establishment would of been pretty high with the landlord having a queue of interested parties once we get back to some sort of normality.

My Great Great Uncle Horace formed The Plunkett Foundation in 1919 which helps like minded people to set up community shops.This could be farmers setting up to sell dairy products in their village or running the local post office etc.The club is looking into that possibility as an option to keep the pub.

Percy plunkett wrote:My Great Great Uncle Horace formed The Plunkett Foundation in 1919 which helps like minded people to set up community shops.This could be farmers setting up to sell dairy products in their village or running the local post office etc.The club is looking into that possibility as an option to keep the pub.
Hopefully such a venture would attract social investment tax relief, which may persuade some to make a donation.