France to allow up to 5,000 fans to watch sport in stadiums

Newport County natter & football chatter.
User avatar
User

Amberexile

Location

Sheffield

France to allow up to 5,000 fans to watch sport in stadiums

Postby Amberexile » June 22nd, 2020, 10:28 am

no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Re: France to allow up to 5,000 fans to watch sport in stadi

Postby George Street-Bridge » June 22nd, 2020, 10:43 am

Australian rugby league has started admitting a few people in executive boxes and in a couple of weeks will go over to allowing up to 25 per cent capacity. To date they have been using a small number of stadiums with a capacity below 40,000, plus Brisbane at 52,000.

I have a cardboard cutout in my South Sydney shirt, which based on where they are playing with the Olympic Stadium closed must have a seat at Parramatta! 8)

.
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

Location

MT

Re: France to allow up to 5,000 fans to watch sport in stadi

Postby Exile 1976 » June 22nd, 2020, 12:42 pm

There were loads of fans at a Polish League match I watched on the box yesterday
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Re: France to allow up to 5,000 fans to watch sport in stadi

Postby Stan A. Einstein » June 23rd, 2020, 5:49 pm

I see Novak Djokovic in an effort to prove that Covid19 has been defeated organized a tournament in Belgrade.

Sadly Novak, his wife, four other players and two trainers have been struck down with the virus.

Never underestimate human stupidity. As is said, if you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans.
no avatar
User

Alan G Bryant

Re: France to allow up to 5,000 fans to watch sport in stadi

Postby Alan G Bryant » June 23rd, 2020, 5:59 pm

Chris Whitty has said that the virus is here until spring 2021 at least which will make it hard for lower league football to survive. Maybe a reduced capacity , no away fans and no hospitality could allow crowds of 2,500.
no avatar
User

Taunton Iron Cider

Location

Taunton

Re: France to allow up to 5,000 fans to watch sport in stadi

Postby Taunton Iron Cider » June 23rd, 2020, 6:49 pm

Alan G Bryant wrote:Chris Whitty has said that the virus is here until spring 2021 at least which will make it hard for lower league football to survive. Maybe a reduced capacity , no away fans and no hospitality could allow crowds of 2,500.


Chris Whitty is a typical dour scientist who constantly reminds us of the negatives yet none of the positives. An Italian professor is stating that he believes the virus is losing it’s potency, let’s hope he is right or that Oxford University get to launch their vaccine in September as expected. The latter success could give rise to an October/November admission for supporters.
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Location

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Re: France to allow up to 5,000 fans to watch sport in stadi

Postby pembsexile » June 23rd, 2020, 6:58 pm

It didn’t lose its potency when it effected 75 people in a meat processing plant in Anglesey this week. Local clusters are what we have to fear now.
no avatar
User

Alan G Bryant

Re: France to allow up to 5,000 fans to watch sport in stadi

Postby Alan G Bryant » June 23rd, 2020, 7:07 pm

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:Chris Whitty has said that the virus is here until spring 2021 at least which will make it hard for lower league football to survive. Maybe a reduced capacity , no away fans and no hospitality could allow crowds of 2,500.


Chris Whitty is a typical dour scientist who constantly reminds us of the negatives yet none of the positives. An Italian professor is stating that he believes the virus is losing it’s potency, let’s hope he is right or that Oxford University get to launch their vaccine in September as expected. The latter success could give rise to an October/November admission for supporters.


Yes I read that but then there are other scientists disagreeing with him and saying it has not lost any potency.
The truth is we do not know what will happen and that is why the club are correct to be cautious.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Re: France to allow up to 5,000 fans to watch sport in stadi

Postby Stan A. Einstein » June 23rd, 2020, 7:57 pm

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:Chris Whitty has said that the virus is here until spring 2021 at least which will make it hard for lower league football to survive. Maybe a reduced capacity , no away fans and no hospitality could allow crowds of 2,500.


Chris Whitty is a typical dour scientist who constantly reminds us of the negatives yet none of the positives. An Italian professor is stating that he believes the virus is losing it’s potency, let’s hope he is right or that Oxford University get to launch their vaccine in September as expected. The latter success could give rise to an October/November admission for supporters.


Yes I read that but then there are other scientists disagreeing with him and saying it has not lost any potency.
The truth is we do not know what will happen and that is why the club are correct to be cautious.


I don't disagree with that. It is unfortunate that I little more caution was not shown when Michael Flynn was given an enormous pay rise or when 2 year contracts were throw around like confetti at a wedding.
no avatar
User

Alan G Bryant

Re: France to allow up to 5,000 fans to watch sport in stadi

Postby Alan G Bryant » June 23rd, 2020, 8:28 pm

I have no idea of what Flynns pay rise is , but if he has he has more than earned it.

In business you need people to make a decision. It might be the right decision or it might be the wrong decision but you have to respect the person/s that have the courage to make that decision.
no avatar
User

Pirates

Re: France to allow up to 5,000 fans to watch sport in stadi

Postby Pirates » June 23rd, 2020, 9:28 pm

Alan g Bryant—-not sure what business you have been in where people respect wrong decisions .
I ain’t been in one yet where it is ok to make a wrong decision and the owners think it was courageous bad one .
Same with Flynn , bad decisions in my book are not acceptable and he needs help with his decision making process . Not sure that the help he had from Lennie was any good either .
no avatar
User

Alan G Bryant

Re: France to allow up to 5,000 fans to watch sport in stadi

Postby Alan G Bryant » June 23rd, 2020, 10:21 pm

How can cinemas open but people cannot attend a football match? Most films last longer than a football match.
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Re: France to allow up to 5,000 fans to watch sport in stadi

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » June 23rd, 2020, 10:37 pm

Alan G Bryant wrote:I have no idea of what Flynns pay rise is , but if he has he has more than earned it.

In business you need people to make a decision. It might be the right decision or it might be the wrong decision but you have to respect the person/s that have the courage to make that decision.

Point 1 - Of course you do.

Forget Flynny here but you say respect people in business who make the wrong decisions.

Is this a wind up.
User avatar
User

Amberexile

Location

Sheffield

Re: France to allow up to 5,000 fans to watch sport in stadi

Postby Amberexile » June 23rd, 2020, 11:03 pm

Pirates wrote:Alan g Bryant—-not sure what business you have been in where people respect wrong decisions .
I ain’t been in one yet where it is ok to make a wrong decision and the owners think it was courageous bad one .
Same with Flynn , bad decisions in my book are not acceptable and he needs help with his decision making process . Not sure that the help he had from Lennie was any good either .


Back in the 90's I worked for an American Company who's 2 main motivational posters were "XYZ Managers Are Risk Takers" and "Seek Forgiveness, Not Permission". They had a business model where all central costs were pushed out to the accounts and the account manager was king and tasked with making a profit for his account on the basis that if every account made a profit, when you added up all the profits, the company made a profit. All salaries were confidential and to divulge your salary was a sackable offence, we had the best working morale I have ever known.

I'm not sure the same would work at a professional football club.
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Location

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Re: France to allow up to 5,000 fans to watch sport in stadi

Postby pembsexile » June 24th, 2020, 4:26 am

[quote="Alan G Bryant"]I have no idea of what Flynns pay rise is , but if he has he has more than earned it.

In business you need people to make a decision. It might be the right decision or it might be the wrong decision but you have to respect the person/s that have the courage to make that decision.

Courage? Respect?

Thank goodness there was scrutiny of the following scenarios;
1 The Blatter/Platini fiasco in FIFA
2 The Lance Armstrong saga within Sky
3 The Macclesfield fiasco.

That is just sport. Are you seriously suggesting that we should respect the people in these organisations because they had the courage to make some decisions?
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Trigger

Powered by phpBB ®