Re: The Retained and Released list is out

A quick look at the retained lists at our competitors in EFL2:

Bradford 14 (contracted for 20/21), 1 (negotiating terms)
Cheltenham 16, 0
Colchester 13, 4
Crawley 21, 3
FGR 13, 3
Grimsby 15, 0
Macclesfield 2, 5
Mansfield 13, 7, (plus 2 new signings)
Morecambe 13, 0
Newport 17, 0
Orient 20, 0
Plymouth 19, 0
Port Vale 16, 3
Salford 17, 0
Scunthorpe 25, 0
Walsall 19, 0

A dose of realism is called for here. I hope Dom as a good career in the game but he's been picked up by a team in the Southern League Premier South - one division below the National League South. That suggests he's nowhere near a League Two player at this stage in his development. We all want to see lads go through the Academy into the first team, but can anyone name a player we've released from the Academy (not transferred elsewhere) without offering a pro contract who is playing at a higher level? If they're good enough - Evans, Collins, Poole - they'll play. If they aren't, they won't.

johnny1972 wrote:Is talent has taken him to Salisbury God knows what you saw I’m him but I saw nothing. If you’re good enough you make it if not you end up In the lower leagues so try and beat the club with another stick.
Did you ever watch him?
If so which games.
Lets start with the Mickey Mouse cup against West Hams youngsters who are all driving around in Baby Bentleys.
Dom was MOM by a mile played superb in midfield, outshone our regulars and yes I know we threw that game away but that was not his doing.
Seen him 5 times and never let us down.
Blimery if Flynny can get rid of these kids in their teens we have no hopes for the Academy.
Pathetic
By the way its not beating the club with a stick.
Get real sunshine off that cloud eh?

Jonesy3 wrote:A dose of realism is called for here. I hope Dom as a good career in the game but he's been picked up by a team in the Southern League Premier South - one division below the National League South. That suggests he's nowhere near a League Two player at this stage in his development. We all want to see lads go through the Academy into the first team, but can anyone name a player we've released from the Academy (not transferred elsewhere) without offering a pro contract who is playing at a higher level? If they're good enough - Evans, Collins, Poole - they'll play. If they aren't, they won't.
Again how many times have you seen him.
We always got the likes of Poleon, Azeez (championship level) etc etc
You are spot on though in nobody for years has come through.
Simple answer.
the Academy is not up to bringing talent through.
Its just a money maker for kids and dads to live a dream and part with some cash..

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
johnny1972 wrote:Is talent has taken him to Salisbury God knows what you saw I’m him but I saw nothing. If you’re good enough you make it if not you end up In the lower leagues so try and beat the club with another stick.
Did you ever watch him?
If so which games.
Lets start with the Mickey Mouse cup against West Hams youngsters who are all driving around in Baby Bentleys.
Dom was MOM by a mile played superb in midfield, outshone our regulars and yes I know we threw that game away but that was not his doing.
Blimery if Flynny can get rid of these kids in their teens we have no hopes for the Academy.
Pathetic
So, as the the poster says, why has he ended up at Salisbury, why hasn't he gone to another L2 club, or above?

You make no attempt to explain why this has happened, other than to beat the club with a stick, then say you're not beating the club with a stick.

Loon.

whoareya wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Did you ever watch him?
If so which games.
Pathetic
So, as the the poster says, why has he ended up at Salisbury, why hasn't he gone to another L2 club, or above?

You make no attempt to explain why this has happened, other than to beat the club with a stick, then say you're not beating the club with a stick.

Loon.
Again how many games did you watch him play.
If I knew why Flynny has no interest in bringing the youngsters on I would tell you.
Loon you say.
Called you worse and meant it pal.
Again just stick to cracking sick jokes pal.
Cannot have any tidy dialogue with you.
Pathetic.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
whoareya wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Did you ever watch him?
If so which games.
Pathetic

Loon.
Again how many games did you watch him play.
If I knew why Flynny has no interest in bringing the youngsters on I would tell you.
Loon you say.
Called you worse and meant it pal.
Again just stick to cracking sick jokes pal.
Cannot have any tidy dialogue with you.
Pathetic.
Go and stir the gravy Derek, before it gets all lumpy like you.