Sheehan
Abrahams
Azeez
Whitely
Willmott
Amond
Collins

Plus a few scholars.
Look at those players. How many would you retain if they were not on two year contracts? Would you retain them ahead of Scott Bennett?

Phil Crump believes I am disgusting because I believe Covid19 is being used as a cover. I don't care. The truth is County handed out 2 year contracts like confetti and that policy has reared up and sunk it's fangs into a very fat arse.
The reality is, if it wasn't for those 2-year contracts we'd probably be fielding a bunch of 17 year-olds next year (which may or may not be better, depending on your opinion, I suppose)
No. That's nonsensical. If clubs haven't got the money then they all are going to be offering lower wages. Except us who will be paying higher wages to lesser players.

Unless you believe that when it comes to the crunch a whole load of professional footballers are going to simply disappear.

Re: The Retained and Released list is out

Exile 1976 wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:One piece of good news,Woodiwiss is still a scholar so is retained.It said on Wiki that he was 19 so obviously wrong.Still disappointed about Jeffries but,was he released as not good enough or because of Covid.

He’s 17 isn’t he?
Must be if he is still a scholar.He can tackle and pass,he is too short for a CB but,I would like to see him play DM.Could be a good cover or replacement for Benno.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
halfmoon wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:So, as it stands :-

King
Townsend
Baker
Demetriou
Ekpiteta
Haynes
Howkins
Leadbitter (for what it’s worth)
Dolan
Labadie
Sheehan
Abrahams
Azeez
Whitely
Willmott
Amond
Collins

Plus a few scholars.
Look at those players. How many would you retain if they were not on two year contracts? Would you retain them ahead of Scott Bennett?

Phil Crump believes I am disgusting because I believe Covid19 is being used as a cover. I don't care. The truth is County handed out 2 year contracts like confetti and that policy has reared up and sunk it's fangs into a very fat arse.
The reality is, if it wasn't for those 2-year contracts we'd probably be fielding a bunch of 17 year-olds next year (which may or may not be better, depending on your opinion, I suppose)
No. That's nonsensical. If clubs haven't got the money then they all are going to be offering lower wages. Except us who will be paying higher wages to lesser players.

Unless you believe that when it comes to the crunch a whole load of professional footballers are going to simply disappear.
I know what you mean, but it depends on whether clubs are going to be so skint they're not going to be offering out *any* contracts, which seems to be the way things are going. In which case, we may well have pulled the shortest of short straws by running our coffers down on inferior players. Who knows, it's a total mess for everyone

Stan A. Einstein wrote:

King
Townsend
Baker
Demetriou
Ekpiteta
Haynes
Howkins
Dolan
Labadie
Sheehan
Abrahams
Azeez
Whitely
Willmott
Amond
Collins

Plus a few scholars.

It is not the two year contracts that are the problem my friend. It is the quality of the signings.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

King
Townsend
Baker
Demetriou
Ekpiteta
Haynes
Howkins
Dolan
Labadie
Sheehan
Abrahams
Azeez
Whitely
Willmott
Amond
Collins

Plus a few scholars.

It is not the two year contracts that are the problem my friend. It is the quality of the signings.
No the problem is giving two year contracts to players who frankly didn't deserve them.
Your mate and Flynn fallen out big time have they?

Disappointing but understandable so no real surprises for me.

Benno might be of interest to Cheltenham who prefer experience over youth, depending on which division they are in next season. I'd expect to see Jamma appear for a team in the Midlands, I think that's where he lives, maybe Solihull. Both will do well next year wherever they end up.

I expect things to go quiet now for several weeks, but I do wonder if it would be worth MF arranging a friendly / training match against another Lge 1/2 side to get the squad working again, of course if this is permitted and covid tests can be done (surely as part of every club's summer planning they weigh and check the health of all contracted players so perhaps they can get an EFL covid test done also?).

Alan G Bryant wrote:Which is down the manager. All the club have done is back a manager that brought us success and put us back on the map.
If the reports are correct, and the evidence suggests they are, the club/Gavin Foxhall are not backing the manager. At least not now.

However whilst you can choose to blame Flynn for making some very poor signings that does not exclude all blame away from Gavin Foxhall does it?

But that also does not explicate the other directors, who if they have allowed one man to bully them en masse clearly have no backbone.

And, whilst showing I don't mind upsetting everybody, neither can the trust membership be absolved, they who failed to ask questions before voting this pusillanimous shower into office.

And finally myself. The most blame worthy of all. A man who earned a living by persuading, who saw all this so clearly, and who failed utterly to get the message across.

I am to blame, I am most to blame.
Last edited by Stan A. Einstein on June 22nd, 2020, 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alan G Bryant wrote:Which is down the manager. All the club have done is back a manager that brought us success and put us back on the map.

A few of those shitty players that were given 2yr deals were Elite Management players, of whom our Board had a deal with.
Now, I know we’ll never know what that contract was but we seem to have signed some of the dross on their books on 2 yr deals :|