The Retained and Released list is out

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Re: The Retained and Released list is out

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » June 28th, 2020, 7:57 pm

Alan G Bryant wrote:Your 4th sentence is ridiculous.

No its not.
Its twice as hard to bounce back a second time.
Would of rather had TOE in midfield than the likes of Cooper, Maloney etc. He was no great shakes but it just shows the crap we sign and churn out weekly.
Poleon was a total joke and still came on rather than Collins.
What is ridiculous though is the fact you are so far up the boards backside that its a total farce.
What a waste last year having this site chipping in for Foulstons shirt.
.Always seemed good potential but ignored like the rest.
12 months down the line same story but it will be Widdiwiss and the next batch all going the same way.
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Re: The Retained and Released list is out

Postby Percy plunkett » June 28th, 2020, 7:58 pm

I remember Healey coming on and going straight over to Dom to try and soften him up.Two minutes later there was a 50-50 ball,Dom put in a robust tackle and fairly won the challenge.Healey didn’t try to goad Jeffries after that.Isn’t that the sort of spirit we need in our squad.
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Re: The Retained and Released list is out

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » June 28th, 2020, 7:59 pm

Percy plunkett wrote:I remember Healey coming on and going straight over to Dom to try and soften him up.Two minutes later there was a 50-50 ball,Dom put in a robust tackle and fairly won the challenge.Healey didn’t try to goad Jeffries after that.Isn’t that the sort of spirit we need in our squad.

Spot on Percy.
no avatar
User

Alan G Bryant

Re: The Retained and Released list is out

Postby Alan G Bryant » June 28th, 2020, 8:07 pm

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:Your 4th sentence is ridiculous.

No its not.
Its twice as hard to bounce back a second time.
Would of rather had TOE in midfield than the likes of Cooper, Maloney etc. He was no great shakes but it just shows the crap we sign and churn out weekly.
Poleon was a total joke and still came on rather than Collins.
What is ridiculous though is the fact you are so far up the boards backside that its a total farce.
What a waste last year having this site chipping in for Foulstons shirt.
.Always seemed good potential but ignored like the rest.
12 months down the line same story but it will be Widdiwiss and the next batch all going the same way.



Perhaps you should google ‘ how many academy players make it ‘ . It just suits your narrative to constantly attack Flynn and the club for anything. If they are good enough , they are old enough.

Name a couple of youth players we have realised who have gone on to play consistently at league 2 level to back up your point.
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Re: The Retained and Released list is out

Postby Percy plunkett » June 28th, 2020, 8:19 pm

Alan,that is Harp’s point.If we let a lad go,teams assume that he just wasn’t good enough and don’t take a look.They just say if he’s gone to Salisbury then that must be his level.Take Kieron Parselle,very unlucky to be released by us.You will say,he is still playing Connie South so that must be his level,has anyone bothered to look at him,no because they assume he wasn’t good enough.Out of Lazar,Marvel,Kieron and Jay,I know which two I would prefer.
no avatar
User

Alan G Bryant

Re: The Retained and Released list is out

Postby Alan G Bryant » June 28th, 2020, 8:25 pm

Percy plunkett wrote:Alan,that is Harp’s point.If we let a lad go,teams assume that he just wasn’t good enough and don’t take a look.They just say if he’s gone to Salisbury then that must be his level.Take Kieron Parselle,very unlucky to be released by us.You will say,he is still playing Connie South so that must be his level,has anyone bothered to look at him,no because they assume he wasn’t good enough.Out of Lazar,Marvel,Kieron and Jay,I know which two I would prefer.


You think league 2 and league 1 scouts do not watch the check a trade games ?. I once read an article from a former player , I cannot remember whom but the words resonated.

‘ if you are on your way up, or on your way down .. you find your own level ‘.

This is probably why Lee Hendrie and the likes of Alan Smith ended up playing in league 2.

I will wait for Frank to let us know the players we released that have proved us wrong .
no avatar
User

DT1892

Re: The Retained and Released list is out

Postby DT1892 » June 28th, 2020, 8:49 pm

DT1892 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Jonesy3 wrote:
Again how many times have you seen him.
We always got the likes of Poleon, Azeez (championship level) etc etc
You are spot on though in nobody for years has come through.
Simple answer.
the Academy is not up to bringing talent through.
Its just a money maker for kids and dads to live a dream and part with some cash..


I was at all the Leasing Trophy home games & watched the Maldon cup tie on TV, plus 6 Academy games at Lliswerry so I seen plenty of Dom. Like I say, I hope he has a great career at a higher level & proves Flynny wrong.
But he's going to be playing three levels below us & if he was good enough now he'd be playing at a higher level. That's no having a go at him - just being realistic.
There isn't a single Academy player released since we got back into the league who is playing league football. Takes time though, we've only had full-time scholars since we got back in the league, we're only Cat3 & we're competing with clubs who've had full-time academies for decades.

Your last paragraph sums it up.
Not a single player since we got into the league has made it.
Appreciate things take time but how many more years until you realise something is drastically wrong.
Owls said on here that we are at a high level these days Academy wise but I think its just to get cash off the mums and Dads not to bring players into the side.
He's only a lad so its a bit rich stating good enough by now also.
Never given a decent chance, same with Collins.
its just nuts that we persevere with utter dross journey men.


Aaron Collins has had a decent career so far I'd say? Had it not been for Flynny, he wouldn't have been given his chance, and the club would've missed on on a decent chunk of money.

Having an academy doesn't guarantee players coming through to the first team. The talent has to be there first and foremost. How many players we've released have ended up proving us wrong? We've also lost a couple of talented players to clubs further up the divisions and have heard nothing since. Would they have had a better chance of breaking through here?

How many clubs at our level produce players from their academy? Most of the best talents end up being signed by bigger clubs for pennies before they've even got close to the first team.


I know, I was replying to "Not a single player since we got into the league has made it." which is why I highlighted it.
no avatar
User

Alan G Bryant

Re: The Retained and Released list is out

Postby Alan G Bryant » June 28th, 2020, 8:50 pm

Actually , I do not remember many kicking up a fuss when Josh Laurent was released , but he’s been a mainstay for League 1 Shrewsbury.
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Re: The Retained and Released list is out

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » June 28th, 2020, 8:56 pm

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Alan,that is Harp’s point.If we let a lad go,teams assume that he just wasn’t good enough and don’t take a look.They just say if he’s gone to Salisbury then that must be his level.Take Kieron Parselle,very unlucky to be released by us.You will say,he is still playing Connie South so that must be his level,has anyone bothered to look at him,no because they assume he wasn’t good enough.Out of Lazar,Marvel,Kieron and Jay,I know which two I would prefer.


You think league 2 and league 1 scouts do not watch the check a trade games ?. I once read an article from a former player , I cannot remember whom but the words resonated.

‘ if you are on your way up, or on your way down .. you find your own level ‘.

This is probably why Lee Hendrie and the likes of Alan Smith ended up playing in league 2.

I will wait for Frank to let us know the players we released that have proved us wrong .

You are not getting it are you.
Just read what Percy said above.
We must be twins as that's exactly the point.
Its not rocket science and what are you on about quoting Hendrie and Alan Smith.
no avatar
User

DT1892

Re: The Retained and Released list is out

Postby DT1892 » June 28th, 2020, 9:12 pm

Percy plunkett wrote:Alan,that is Harp’s point.If we let a lad go,teams assume that he just wasn’t good enough and don’t take a look.They just say if he’s gone to Salisbury then that must be his level.Take Kieron Parselle,very unlucky to be released by us.You will say,he is still playing Connie South so that must be his level,has anyone bothered to look at him,no because they assume he wasn’t good enough.Out of Lazar,Marvel,Kieron and Jay,I know which two I would prefer.


Players are moving from the National Leagues to the Football League every summer. Scouts aren't going to base their opinion of a player on him being released at 20, they'll look at what they see on the pitch. They're also mostly on part-time contracts, so easier for clubs to take a gamble on financially.

I've seen Parselle a few times since his release. I think he's better than Chippenham, but the National League is probably his ceiling. Foulston impressed me more, I would've kept him.
no avatar
User

Alan G Bryant

Re: The Retained and Released list is out

Postby Alan G Bryant » June 28th, 2020, 9:19 pm

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Alan,that is Harp’s point.If we let a lad go,teams assume that he just wasn’t good enough and don’t take a look.They just say if he’s gone to Salisbury then that must be his level.Take Kieron Parselle,very unlucky to be released by us.You will say,he is still playing Connie South so that must be his level,has anyone bothered to look at him,no because they assume he wasn’t good enough.Out of Lazar,Marvel,Kieron and Jay,I know which two I would prefer.


You think league 2 and league 1 scouts do not watch the check a trade games ?. I once read an article from a former player , I cannot remember whom but the words resonated.

‘ if you are on your way up, or on your way down .. you find your own level ‘.

This is probably why Lee Hendrie and the likes of Alan Smith ended up playing in league 2.

I will wait for Frank to let us know the players we released that have proved us wrong .

You are not getting it are you.
Just read what Percy said above.
We must be twins as that's exactly the point.
Its not rocket science and what are you on about quoting Hendrie and Alan Smith.



Just highlighting that whether you are on your way up or way down , you find your level.

It is not too difficult to grasp.
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Re: The Retained and Released list is out

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » June 28th, 2020, 9:24 pm

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Alan,that is Harp’s point.If we let a lad go,teams assume that he just wasn’t good enough and don’t take a look.They just say if he’s gone to Salisbury then that must be his level.Take Kieron Parselle,very unlucky to be released by us.You will say,he is still playing Connie South so that must be his level,has anyone bothered to look at him,no because they assume he wasn’t good enough.Out of Lazar,Marvel,Kieron and Jay,I know which two I would prefer.


You think league 2 and league 1 scouts do not watch the check a trade games ?. I once read an article from a former player , I cannot remember whom but the words resonated.

‘ if you are on your way up, or on your way down .. you find your own level ‘.

This is probably why Lee Hendrie and the likes of Alan Smith ended up playing in league 2.

I will wait for Frank to let us know the players we released that have proved us wrong .

You are not getting it are you.
Just read what Percy said above.
We must be twins as that's exactly the point.
Its not rocket science and what are you on about quoting Hendrie and Alan Smith.



Just highlighting that whether you are on your way up or way down , you find your level.

It is not too difficult to grasp.

In 1983 George Best played 3 times for Nuneaton.
Clearly found his level.
Sorry but its nuts what you are trying to state.
no avatar
User

Alan G Bryant

Re: The Retained and Released list is out

Postby Alan G Bryant » June 28th, 2020, 9:33 pm

As well as Bournemouth , your point is ?
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Re: The Retained and Released list is out

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » June 28th, 2020, 9:50 pm

Alan G Bryant wrote:As well as Bournemouth , your point is ?

Probably my point is that you haven't got a clue being so far up as I stated before.
Love is blind they say.
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Re: The Retained and Released list is out

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » June 28th, 2020, 9:51 pm

DT1892 wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Alan,that is Harp’s point.If we let a lad go,teams assume that he just wasn’t good enough and don’t take a look.They just say if he’s gone to Salisbury then that must be his level.Take Kieron Parselle,very unlucky to be released by us.You will say,he is still playing Connie South so that must be his level,has anyone bothered to look at him,no because they assume he wasn’t good enough.Out of Lazar,Marvel,Kieron and Jay,I know which two I would prefer.


Players are moving from the National Leagues to the Football League every summer. Scouts aren't going to base their opinion of a player on him being released at 20, they'll look at what they see on the pitch. They're also mostly on part-time contracts, so easier for clubs to take a gamble on financially.

I've seen Parselle a few times since his release. I think he's better than Chippenham, but the National League is probably his ceiling. Foulston impressed me more, I would've kept him.

Your last sentence proves my point.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Trigger

Powered by phpBB ®