Re: Agent's Fees

NearlyDead wrote:NC player/intermediary (payments 1/2/2019 to 31/1/2020)

Robbie James Willmott/Elite Management
Joss Christopher Labadie/Elite Management
Tristan Michael Alexander Abrahams/Elite Management
Corey Milton Whitely/Elite Management
Lazar Stojsavljevic/Elite Management
Padraig Amond/Elite Management

Joshua Luke Sheehan/Stellar Football Limited
Ryan Matthew Haynes/Stellar Football Limited

Michael Demetriou/Full Contact

Daniel William Leadbitter/Tamas Byrne

Kyle Elliot Howkins/Unique Sports Management

Thomas Lloyd King/David Bromley

Mark Leo O'Brien/Jonathan Douglas

Dominic Alfred Poleon/Lee Matthews

Ashley Thomas Baker/OmniSports Ltd

Not only did we waste a 2 yr deal on Leadbitter, a player that by his own admission before we signed him his body was failing him, we had to shell out for his agent too.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:I agree we made some poor signings last season - most clubs do - but the figures become more meaningful if you know how many deals each sum covers.

Crewe have an amazing record for bringing through youth players which might keep their bill down.
Spot on about Crewe and the totally opposite to our attitude to Youth.
Start to break through and get rid asap after.
Nuts.
Anyway plenty of Poleons out there to snap up.
Clueless

Conversely, Exeter have a good record of producing Youth players who move on but they spent £9k more than County.
How many other clubs in League 2 produce a regular supply of talented Academy products who either make it into their own team or get sold on to boost their parent club's coffers?

excessbee wrote:An ordered list copied from the Macclesfield forum.

Bradford City £114,010
Salford City £111,619
Scunthorpe United £107,345
Plymouth Argyle £81,537
Mansfield Town £74,505
Northampton Town £66,734
Grimsby Town £62,226
Exeter City £60,840
Leyton Orient £53,928
Forest Green Rovers £52,550
Colchester United £52,014
Newport County £51,740
Walsall £47,122
Carlisle United £41,106
Port Vale £40,545
Cambridge United £37,980
Stevenage £33,355
Swindon Town £28,818
Cheltenham Town £26,133
Morecambe £18,718
Crewe Alexandra £3,000
Oldham Athletic £2,570
Crawley Town £1,000
MACCLESFIELD TOWN £825
Look at the club's who spent more:-
Salford, Bradford, Scunthorpe, Mansfield who didn't get any reward from their outlay.
Plymouth & Northampton did.

Swindon, Cheltenham & Crewe benefited with less spend. An argument could be put forward to see their spend last season if they were building a squad for a promotion push this season.

Exile 1976 wrote:
NearlyDead wrote:NC player/intermediary (payments 1/2/2019 to 31/1/2020)

Not only did we waste a 2 yr deal on Leadbitter, a player that by his own admission before we signed him his body was failing him, we had to shell out for his agent too.
A total farce and disgrace
Management said Pre Season "the fella is forever injured" so who agreed 2 years let alone 12 months?

Beechwood Boy wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:I agree we made some poor signings last season - most clubs do - but the figures become more meaningful if you know how many deals each sum covers.

Crewe have an amazing record for bringing through youth players which might keep their bill down.
Nuts.
Clueless

Conversely, Exeter have a good record of producing Youth players who move on but they spent £9k more than County.
How many other clubs in League 2 produce a regular supply of talented Academy products who either make it into their own team or get sold on to boost their parent club's coffers?
No idea.
You tell me as you seem to know the answer.

Beechwood Boy wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:

Nuts.
Clueless
Crewe have had a successful youth set-up since the 90s. I don't think we can compare us to them, they're almost unique at this level of football. But, our record is a hell of a lot better than most clubs at this level. Most of our successes have come from picking up players that were released from clubs higher up than us. But we've lost talented players to clubs higher up, only to never be seen again, that may have broken into our first team had they stayed here.

How many of the youth players we've released have gone onto higher levels?

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Beechwood Boy wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:

Nuts.
Clueless

No idea.
You tell me as you seem to know the answer.
My point is that Crewe and Exeter are exceptions. Only a handful of players are produced who go onto bigger clubs from any lower league clubs.
In my lifetime supporting County, I can recall Aizlewood, Lowndes, Vaughan, Pulis, Flynn, Lee Evans, Andrew Hughes to name but a few, who went onto higher grade clubs. Plus you could name Aldridge, Tynan, Foley, Rose, Washington, Butler and Day who passed through our club and moved to a higher grade.
However, not all the above named moved on for a transfer fee.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
faerun exile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:In my view a pointless list.

Team A pay the agent £1,000. The player out of his salary of 50,000 pays the agent £9,000.

Team B pays the Agent £10,000. The player pays nothing out of his salary of £41,000.

So team A and team B both pay £51,000 for the services of a player. In both cases the player takes home £41,000. In both cases the agent trousers £10,000.

And the only thing that's different is?
A genuine question as I am not sure but what benefit is there to the player to pay the agent £9k out of his £50k. It's hassle plus would result in player paying more tax on his £50k salary compared to £41k wouldn't it ? Would be a couple of grand down.
People who are self employed and whose earnings fluctuate learn very quickly that you need to control you're expenses claims. In my first year at the bar I earned so little that I didn't pay tax. Second year I earned so much I was paying at the higher rate. Could I claim for the year I earned virtually nothing from the revenue? No. Should I have deferred claiming for my expenses until the second year? Yes. Did I do that? No. Did I make that mistake again? No.
None the wiser. Footballers are paid through PAYE so who is self-employed ? Clubs pay the NI etc.

Melling's equaliser wrote:Tony Pulis was close to the end of his playing career when he went to Bournemouth and he started his career at Bristol Rovers.
Apologies, Pulis should have been in my second list. Pulis left County at 28 but continued to play another 100 odd games at Bournemouth and Gillingham for a further 6 seasons.
Memory not as good as it used to be.

NC player/intermediary (payments 1/2/2019 to 31/1/2020)

So if that list is right, 15 signings or contract extensions. 6 are with Elite, the agency we love to hate. 2 of them (Lazar/Whitely) were failures and the others first team regulars. Hmmm.

The list is from the doc accompanying the club payments to intermediaries in the link in the OP.

Also with Elite during the period stated were Day, Jay Williams (to Fulham), Poole, Butler, McKirdy, and Osadebe, but I didn't include them as it was movement/payment other way.

NearlyDead wrote:The list is from the doc accompanying the club payments to intermediaries in the link in the OP.

Also with Elite during the period stated were Day, Jay Williams (to Fulham), Poole, Butler, McKirdy, and Osadebe, but I didn't include them as it was movement/payment other way.
Do you mean the time period at the top of this list?
Poole left County in 2015
Osadebe played 3 games on loan to us in 2018.

Jonesy3 wrote:
NC player/intermediary (payments 1/2/2019 to 31/1/2020)

So if that list is right, 15 signings or contract extensions. 6 are with Elite, the agency we love to hate. 2 of them (Lazar/Whitely) were failures and the others first team regulars. Hmmm.
Abrahams first team regular.
You reckon?
After a few promising games totally hopeless even in Mickey Mouse Cup towards the end.
2 years I think also.