Thank you Bennett and Jamma.

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

supporter

Thank you Bennett and Jamma.

Postby supporter » June 26th, 2020, 7:25 pm

Just like to say a massive thank you to Bennett and Jamma 2 players who gave there all for the county.

Without doubt under normal circumstances they would still be county players but as I've discovered after returning to work last week to a ghost town of a workplace, these aren't normal times.

In the ideal world and when more certainty returns it would be great to think we could retain them.

I wish them both all the best and every success in their futures.

Amber in the blood is a massive part of the county heritage. Did they have amber in the blood? The answer to this for both of them is a resounding yes.

Good luck both.
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Re: Thank you Bennett and Jamma.

Postby Percy plunkett » June 26th, 2020, 7:32 pm

Two players who would have been given new contracts.When we know when the season will start,they will be offered deals I am sure,it will then be up to them to say yes.They may feel aggrieved and say no,time will tell.
no avatar
User

supporter

Re: Thank you Bennett and Jamma.

Postby supporter » June 26th, 2020, 8:02 pm

I have no idea whether new contracts will transpire.

One thing I do know after returning to work is a major reset button has been set, football hasn't escaped this and that penny needs to drop.

I don't think either player will struggle to find a club.
no avatar
User

Pontypaul

Re: Thank you Bennett and Jamma.

Postby Pontypaul » June 26th, 2020, 8:15 pm

Rumours are Benno’s in talks with Cheltenham
no avatar
User

supporter

Re: Thank you Bennett and Jamma.

Postby supporter » June 26th, 2020, 8:28 pm

Good luck to him but that's not the reason for this thread.

I just wanted to say thank you to 2 players with amber in the blood and wish them all the best for the future wherever or whatever that may be.
no avatar
User

Blackandamber

Location

Cwmbran

Re: Thank you Bennett and Jamma.

Postby Blackandamber » June 28th, 2020, 11:43 am

supporter wrote:Just like to say a massive thank you to Bennett and Jamma 2 players who gave there all for the county.

Without doubt under normal circumstances they would still be county players but as I've discovered after returning to work last week to a ghost town of a workplace, these aren't normal times.

In the ideal world and when more certainty returns it would be great to think we could retain them.

I wish them both all the best and every success in their futures.

Amber in the blood is a massive part of the county heritage. Did they have amber in the blood? The answer to this for both of them is a resounding yes.

Good luck both.


Well said Andrew
no avatar
User

DeePeeNCAFC

Re: Thank you Bennett and Jamma.

Postby DeePeeNCAFC » June 28th, 2020, 3:26 pm

Pontypaul wrote:Rumours are Benno’s in talks with Cheltenham


I guessed as much last week.....

The Retained and Released list is out
Postby DeePeeNCAFC » June 22nd, 2020, 3:35 pm

Disappointing but understandable so no real surprises for me.

Benno might be of interest to Cheltenham who prefer experience over youth, depending on which division they are in next season.
no avatar
User

Beechwood Boy

Re: Thank you Bennett and Jamma.

Postby Beechwood Boy » June 28th, 2020, 4:18 pm

Benno might be of interest to Cheltenham who prefer experience over youth, depending on which division they are in next season.[/quote]

Cheltenham are in League 2 next season. Exeter and Northampton are in the play-off final tomorrow evening, 29th June.
no avatar
User

Alan G Bryant

Re: Thank you Bennett and Jamma.

Postby Alan G Bryant » June 28th, 2020, 8:35 pm

supporter wrote:Good luck to him but that's not the reason for this thread.

I just wanted to say thank you to 2 players with amber in the blood and wish them all the best for the future wherever or whatever that may be.



I agree , great servants. It is also worth noting that the multi millionaire chairman of Colchester United released Luke Prosser, Frank Nouble, Ryan Jackson and Brandon Comley before the play offs due to the uncertainty, can you imagine if we had been in a similar situation.
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

Location

MT

Re: Thank you Bennett and Jamma.

Postby Exile 1976 » June 29th, 2020, 6:41 am

Alan G Bryant wrote:
supporter wrote:Good luck to him but that's not the reason for this thread.

I just wanted to say thank you to 2 players with amber in the blood and wish them all the best for the future wherever or whatever that may be.



I agree , great servants. It is also worth noting that the multi millionaire chairman of Colchester United released Luke Prosser, Frank Nouble, Ryan Jackson and Brandon Comley before the play offs due to the uncertainty, can you imagine if we had been in a similar situation.



Win - win for the chairman though as they still played in the play offs. If they won and got up to League 1 they’d have, if they felt they were good enough, been in a position to offer new deals. As it is they lost so no need.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Trigger

Powered by phpBB ®