Re: Stadium Discussion(s)

wattsville_boy wrote:
The Newport wrote:After watching the game on Ifollow yesterday on the Cardiff City pitch did it not give you the feel-good factor that Newport County deserves to have a stadium to call there own.

I'm not saying a stadium the same as Cardiff City Capacity of 33,280 at a Construction cost of £48 million Broke ground in September 2007 and Opened on 22nd July 2009. In April 2013 it was announced by a Cardiff City director that the capacity at the stadium could be expanded to 35,000 before the beginning of the 2014/15 season. Ok, it was a long term target by former owner Sam Hammam.

On 12th August 2014, the stadium hosted the 2014 UEFA Super Cup between the 2013–14 UEFA Champions League winners Real Madrid and the 2013–14 UEFA Europa League winners Sevilla. Real Madrid won 2–0.

On 1st June 2017, it hosted the final of the 2016–17 UEFA Women's Champions League.

Have a good think about starting your group again or even a different group of people with a vision of the future. As I said above, you can do this. You just need to believe.
What you overlook is the reason the Cardiff City Stadium got built is because Cardiff City had a multi-millionaire owner who could dip into his very deep pockets to fund it. County don't.
I know that you are a bit skeptical and I accept that you are unsure of how little old Newport County could do it and I know where you are coming from. I was unsure until I looked further into the idea.
Last edited by The Newport on March 11th, 2021, 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Stadium Focus Group: Next Meeting 28 Sept, 20:00

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
........... I did say that I'd rather be in the National League South with a fit for purpose stadium than In League two without one. My rationale being that with a fit for purpose stadium we are two good seasons away from being a League club with a fit for purpose stadium whereas without a stadium we are two poor seasons away from being a National South team without a stadium........

Don't mean to butt in on a private spat but..... The flaw in that argument is that the income generated by a Conference South club, crowds possibly below 1000 and lower ticket pricing would probably not support a team with the quality needed to get two promotions in short order. There would be no EFL share. It would be a long haul and I expect you'd be in a minority of one thinking that is a better option.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:

. I seem to remember that your idea was that NCAFC could fold as long as there was a stadium for someone to play in - I just didn't (and still don't) get it.

I would respond if I only had the first clue what that is meant to mean.
You did say that you didn't mind if NCAFC went bust and reformed, as a non-league outfit (in Hellenic etc), as long as they had a stadium to play at in Newport.
No I didn't.

I did say that I'd rather be in the National League South with a fit for purpose stadium than In League two without one. My rationale being that with a fit for purpose stadium we are two good seasons away from being a League club with a fit for purpose stadium whereas without a stadium we are two poor seasons away from being a National South team without a stadium.

I do wish you would at least do me the courtesy of reading that which I write before posting nonsense.
Stan - you said both at our initial meetings (before you left) when we were discussing what the purpose of setting up a trust would be,. If you remember, we discussed whether any trust monies would be used to support the club if it was in financial difficulty and divert money away from supporting a stadium fund. You dismissed this and said it was more important to have a stadium as the club could reform, if necessary, as it had done so in the past.

Mr Figo wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:

. I seem to remember that your idea was that NCAFC could fold as long as there was a stadium for someone to play in - I just didn't (and still don't) get it.

I would respond if I only had the first clue what that is meant to mean.
You did say that you didn't mind if NCAFC went bust and reformed, as a non-league outfit (in Hellenic etc), as long as they had a stadium to play at in Newport.
No I didn't.

I did say that I'd rather be in the National League South with a fit for purpose stadium than In League two without one. My rationale being that with a fit for purpose stadium we are two good seasons away from being a League club with a fit for purpose stadium whereas without a stadium we are two poor seasons away from being a National South team without a stadium.

I do wish you would at least do me the courtesy of reading that which I write before posting nonsense.
Stan - you said both at our initial meetings (before you left) when we were discussing what the purpose of setting up a trust would be,. If you remember, we discussed whether any trust monies would be used to support the club if it was in financial difficulty and divert money away from supporting a stadium fund. You dismissed this and said it was more important to have a stadium as the club could reform, if necessary, as it had done so in the past.
Absolutely.
Without a stadium my belief is we are f@cked. Which is why I wanted the money ring-fenced. That is not the same as not caring if the club went bust. Or wanting the club to go bust. Newport County AFC won't go bust but they could be relegated if there is financial prudence. County will only go bust if the are mismanaged. And if we were well on the way to having the finance to start to develop a stadium I would be loathed to hand that cash to people who would have had to have been reckless.

Hence as I said on here. I would rather County be in National South with a fit for purpose stadium than be in League 2 without one.

Mr Figo wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54028474

Stan - you can chain yourself to the drainpipe.... :lol:

You will also see that I have always advocated fans ownership of clubs at our level. I accept that some owners of football clubs are in it for altruistic reasons but far too many, frankly, are con artists.

Losing a football club knocks the soul out of a town. I have no doubt Bury will be back, but like the vast majority who were left heart-broken in 1987 I don't find it a laughing matter.

Mr Figo wrote:Absolutely not. I was trying to highlight the twisted logic about having a stadium with no club....

Why don't you share your £5 million investment idea with everyone that you keep banging on about?
Only one thing twisted here. My words by your pathetic interpretation.

What part of I believe that without a stadium the club is built on foundations of sand are you incapable of understanding?

Mr Figo wrote:Absolutely not. I was trying to highlight the twisted logic about having a stadium with no club....

Why don't you share your £5 million investment idea with everyone that you keep banging on about?
You are so desperate to know, ok here goes. Several clubs have used this idea. As I said before do your research. There's only one person that I will share this idea with and when the time is right I will tell that person. I will keep you guessing who?
It isn't me that keeps banging on about it it is you and your close friends.
When I say do your research I'm not being funny, nasty or horrible.

I can name at least two stadiums without a club.

The Newport wrote:

You are so desperate to know, ok here goes. Several clubs have used this idea. As I said before do your research. There's only one person that I will share this idea with and when the time is right I will tell that person. I will keep you guessing who?
It isn't me that keeps banging on about it it is you and your close friends.
When I say do your research I'm not being funny, nasty or horrible.

I can name at least two stadiums without a club.
Believe you me - I really am not that desperate! :grin:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Only one thing twisted here. My words by your pathetic interpretation.

What part of I believe that without a stadium the club is built on foundations of sand are you incapable of understanding?
Then join the Trust and look to help the Club move forward by helping out (are you a member?) and raise your concerns at the AGM on 22 Mar. There is also the Shareholders meeting the same day - are you a shareholder? I assume that this will be a chance Stan to raise your concerns regarding a stadium for County. The goal of a stadium has not gone away but you only seem to have your view as a way of getting there.

I, for one, would not like to see the Club go under in any way shape of form (why would I?) for the sake of belief that I hold regarding a stadium. I don't think my view is "pathetic" as you deem it, but, then again you start trotting these terms out when others on this board disagree with you to try and discredit them.