Re: Stadium Discussion(s)

Mr Figo wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Mr Figo wrote:Absolutely not. I was trying to highlight the twisted logic about having a stadium with no club....

Why don't you share your £5 million investment idea with everyone that you keep banging on about?
Only one thing twisted here. My words by your pathetic interpretation.

What part of I believe that without a stadium the club is built on foundations of sand are you incapable of understanding?
Then join the Trust and look to help the Club move forward by helping out (are you a member?) and raise your concerns at the AGM on 22 Mar. There is also the Shareholders meeting the same day - are you a shareholder? I assume that this will be a chance Stan to raise your concerns regarding a stadium for County. The goal of a stadium has not gone away but you only seem to have your view as a way of getting there.

I, for one, would not like to see the Club go under in any way shape of form (why would I?) for the sake of belief that I hold regarding a stadium. I don't think my view is "pathetic" as you deem it, but, then again you start trotting these terms out when others on this board disagree with you to try and discredit them.
The goal of a stadium has not gone away. Your words.

My problem is that the goal of a stadium is no closer. For a while last summer it was. But you went along, had a meeting with Gavin, and returned saying, how constructive the meeting with Gavin was and why now was not the right time.

By the way I can't discredit people who disagree with me. I can merely point out why I think that they are wrong.

If you set out on any mission you need to have a fail criteria. So eight months after the stadium discussion group started when do you believe there is going to be any tangible progress?

You see my other goal is to have a harem of beautiful women, dedicated to serving my every whim. I still have that goal but have made precious little progress. So much so that today I declare it a failure. Tell me, how long with no progress until the goal of a stadium plan is likewise consigned to the dustbin?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Mr Figo wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Mr Figo wrote:Absolutely not. I was trying to highlight the twisted logic about having a stadium with no club....

Why don't you share your £5 million investment idea with everyone that you keep banging on about?
Only one thing twisted here. My words by your pathetic interpretation.

What part of I believe that without a stadium the club is built on foundations of sand are you incapable of understanding?
Then join the Trust and look to help the Club move forward by helping out (are you a member?) and raise your concerns at the AGM on 22 Mar. There is also the Shareholders meeting the same day - are you a shareholder? I assume that this will be a chance Stan to raise your concerns regarding a stadium for County. The goal of a stadium has not gone away but you only seem to have your view as a way of getting there.

I, for one, would not like to see the Club go under in any way shape of form (why would I?) for the sake of belief that I hold regarding a stadium. I don't think my view is "pathetic" as you deem it, but, then again you start trotting these terms out when others on this board disagree with you to try and discredit them.
The goal of a stadium has not gone away. Your words.

My problem is that the goal of a stadium is no closer. For a while last summer it was. But you went along, had a meeting with Gavin, and returned saying, how constructive the meeting with Gavin was and why now was not the right time.

By the way I can't discredit people who disagree with me. I can merely point out why I think that they are wrong.

If you set out on any mission you need to have a fail criteria. So eight months after the stadium discussion group started when do you believe there is going to be any tangible progress?

You see my other goal is to have a harem of beautiful women, dedicated to serving my every whim. I still have that goal but have made precious little progress. So much so that today I declare it a failure. Tell me, how long with no progress until the goal of a stadium plan is likewise consigned to the dustbin?
I refer to my previous response Stan - ask the question at the AGM or when the Club gives the opportunity to do so as a shareholder or trust member - although you still haven't confirmed that you are either.

johnny1972 wrote:Because he’s all mouth and no trousers always has been always will be end of.
Thank you for your ridiculous post.

Not only because it is merely an insult but you don't even make clear who it is you are insulting. If it is Figo, then I disassociate myself from your remark, I believe Figo is wrong and misguided, but even if my assessment be right, that doesn't make him a bad person.

If it is me you are insulting, don't waste your breath, I'm well used to idiots insulting me. :grin:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
johnny1972 wrote:Because he’s all mouth and no trousers always has been always will be end of.
Thank you for your ridiculous post.

Not only because it is merely an insult but you don't even make clear who it is you are insulting. If it is Figo, then I disassociate myself from your remark, I believe Figo is wrong and misguided, but even if my assessment be right, that doesn't make him a bad person.

If it is me you are insulting, don't waste your breath, I'm well used to idiots insulting me. :grin:
Stan - whatever you think about me is immaterial. If you are a shareholder and trust member then ask the questions that you pose on the platforms that are provided for shareholders and trust members.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
The group agreed to set up a meeting with the BoD, that happened. It was discussed that although the group was immature it was a positive start. I say immature as perhaps we didn't have a fail criteria plan - but you were part of these discussions and didn't mention it. We then (majority) agreed that it just wasn't the right time. There was no stopping our thoughts/ideas. There was no stopping your offer of £1000 to start up a Trust Fund as you have mentioned many times. Unfortunately, although the group is still active, there is not much discussions at the moment. Anyone can still get access to it and re-invigorate it.

Mr Figo wrote:
The Newport wrote:

You are so desperate to know, ok here goes. Several clubs have used this idea. As I said before do your research. There's only one person that I will share this idea with and when the time is right I will tell that person. I will keep you guessing who?
It isn't me that keeps banging on about it it is you and your close friends.
When I say do your research I'm not being funny, nasty or horrible.

I can name at least two stadiums without a club.
Believe you me - I really am not that desperate! :grin:
That doesn't make sense. Why ask a question that you don't really want to know the answer to?
And to be totally honest with you I don't believe you. Why do you and your friends always ask at every opportunity?

Mr Figo wrote:As i have said previously - if you are a fan of the club, which you say you are, then £5 million is a serious amount of money that will benefit the Club. I suggest you get in touch with the Club if you are serious rather than post on an unofficial message board.
I have been a Newport County supporter for well over 50 years. Yes, I agree 5 million is a serious amount of money for any club. I still feel the same as Stan Newport County need a Stadium in the long run and I still strongly believe that the football side should not have control of the stadium. And I will tell you why, after taking advice from several people involved in the football industry. And their advice was if the club (Newport County) were to go out of business everything that they owned would be sold off or auctioned off to raise money to pay their debts they might have. I would love to share this idea with the club but as I said a stadium and the football side shouldn't be as one.

The Newport wrote:
Mr Figo wrote:As i have said previously - if you are a fan of the club, which you say you are, then £5 million is a serious amount of money that will benefit the Club. I suggest you get in touch with the Club if you are serious rather than post on an unofficial message board.
I have been a Newport County supporter for well over 50 years. Yes, I agree 5 million is a serious amount of money for any club. I still feel the same as Stan Newport County need a Stadium in the long run and I still strongly believe that the football side should not have control of the stadium. And I will tell you why, after taking advice from several people involved in the football industry. And their advice was if the club (Newport County) were to go out of business everything that they owned would be sold off or auctioned off to raise money to pay their debts they might have. I would love to share this idea with the club but as I said a stadium and the football side shouldn't be as one.
You need to do some research on how the County are funded/owned/run.

You keep spouting off on here about how you can make £5 million for the club. You brought it up, not us. Anyone who has any recollection of the history of this club knows we have seen empty promises like this before. Go do your research, you have been a fan for 50 years so you should know anyway.

I have told you publicly in the past that my wonderful idea could raise £10 million for the club, not £5 million. Perhaps you don’t want to get in a race with me, you know, like it could be some sort of competition, man that would be spooky.

I am a reasonable cook, only reasonable mind. Do you want some fruitcake? I can make and send you some.

The Newport wrote:
So, just for clarity, your secret idea is to build a stadium for Newport County AFC that would not be owned by Newport County AFC. So the club would be tenants of the company that owned the stadium? So it's a £5 million idea that leaves the club in exactly the same position it is now - just at a different location?
I remember going to Oldham last season where, as well as getting hammered, half the stadium was closed because the club's owners were in dispute with the stadium's owners.
I wouldn't dismiss out of hand any idea that would help the club - but without any further detail, I'm struggling to see the benefits of this one.

pembsexile wrote:
The Newport wrote:
You need to do some research on how the County are funded/owned/run.

You keep spouting off on here about how you can make £5 million for the club. You brought it up, not us. Anyone who has any recollection of the history of this club knows we have seen empty promises like this before. Go do your research, you have been a fan for 50 years so you should know anyway.

I have told you publicly in the past that my wonderful idea could raise £10 million for the club, not £5 million. Perhaps you don’t want to get in a race with me, you know, like it could be some sort of competition, man that would be spooky.

I am a reasonable cook, only reasonable mind. Do you want some fruitcake? I can make and send you some.

As you replied to my post-its only right that I should reply to yours although my post wasn't directed at you.

I will answer as if you asked me questions?

Maybe there was a miss understanding at the beginning of the idea everyone thinking it was for the club and not the stadium group. Oh sorry is this not the stadium group thread?

And as for spouting off, as you put it. Let me enlighten you. I have only mentioned it a couple of times. But you and your friends, like to mention it every time that I make a comment on this thread. if your aim/goal is to stop me from making comments on this thread then it isn't working?

Why don't you let the club know about the 10 million pound idea I'm sure that they would appreciate your input they might even let you join their secret Society (Board of Directors)?

Why do you and several users on this forum keep calling me someone that I'm not?

And as for cooking that you mentioned, I don't like cakes but thank you for asking?

If you what to act like a schoolyard bully carry on. I thought that you had a bit more intelligence than that (first impressions and all that how wrong was I)?

I’m not really trying to insult you, but last year you came up with a cracking idea about starting a stadium fund with a donation. I can’t remember what it was, but I thought at the time, here we go, someone who is willing to put his money where is mouth is, and that has fallen by the way side. We need people like you to stand up and get it going, regardless of what Gavin says we need to start now, because like me, you think the only way forward is a new stadium of our own, just imagine how much we would of raised already