Re: Stadium Focus Group: Next Meeting 28 Sept, 20:00

Mr Figo wrote:I'm not sure that the Aug minutes and the discussion about RP relate to the conversation that Gavin and myself had this month.

In terms of an update, the meeting that myself and WTW had with Gavin and Peter was very positive. The group has been asked to work with the club and we are looking to discuss next week how we can assist from here on in. Needless to say, the stadium issue is still the raison d'etre of the group, although short term and in the current climate, the group will be looking to assist the club in short term initiatives with the stadium being a longer term aim. The group has a number of individuals that are keen to get involved with the club and help in anyway they can. We are not experienced in the business that is football and this is where, we hope, that the BoD and Supporters Trust will assist us. I would welcome ideas and initiatives as the BoD are open to ways of increasing revenue and if anyone has ideas then please get in contact with me or join the next meeting which I will schedule in a couple of weeks.
And here's the problem.

Look at the number of hits this topic has had. Look at the simple fact that everyone knows that we have a major issue with the stadium. Everyone knows that we have to solve this problem if we are to progress. And yet.

One conversation with Gavin and it all comes to a shuddering halt.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
And here's the problem.

Look at the number of hits this topic has had. Look at the simple fact that everyone knows that we have a major issue with the stadium. Everyone knows that we have to solve this problem if we are to progress. And yet.

One conversation with Gavin and it all comes to a shuddering halt.
It hasn't come to a halt - you decided to leave the group - which (btw The Newport) is still 'active' on Whatsapp. As you quite clearly know, as you were at the Zoom meeting where it was all discussed (post BoD mtg), we were asked if we would reconsider the timing as with the current pandemic it was seen as unfeasible to ask people for more money as well as assisting to keep NCAFC going. I seem to remember that your idea was that NCAFC could fold as long as there was a stadium for someone to play in - I just didn't (and still don't) get it.

Re: Stadium Discussion(s)

Willthiswork wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Mr Figo wrote:Coventry are renting Stan.
Yes I know. But not from the local rugby club.
Who then? I thought Wasps Rugby owned the Ricoh?
Think again.

Wasps were a London rugby club. Not anymore. Wasps Holdings limited are a company that control Wasps Rugby Club. Wasps Rugby has been located 100 miles from their home.

Which is why I have always advocated a) developing our own stadium, b) developing a stadium along with a Newport based rugby team, c) renting from the council.

Of course at the moment we're playing in Cardiff. That's only 12 miles away. :grin:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:So Wasps rugby, who play their home games in Coventry aren't local enough for Coventry City FC? I think you are making yourself sound a little foolish.
Again if I had the first clue what the f@ck you are on about I'd respond.
So. earlier you said that Coventry City FC weren't renting the Ricoh from the local rugby club. I stated that they were as Wasps own the Ricoh and are renting it CCFC home games. You then stated that Wasps aren't local. Stop wriggling and just admit that you got this one wrong?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:

. I seem to remember that your idea was that NCAFC could fold as long as there was a stadium for someone to play in - I just didn't (and still don't) get it.

I would respond if I only had the first clue what that is meant to mean.
You did say that you didn't mind if NCAFC went bust and reformed, as a non-league outfit (in Hellenic etc), as long as they had a stadium to play at in Newport.

Willthiswork wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:So Wasps rugby, who play their home games in Coventry aren't local enough for Coventry City FC? I think you are making yourself sound a little foolish.
Again if I had the first clue what the f@ck you are on about I'd respond.
So. earlier you said that Coventry City FC weren't renting the Ricoh from the local rugby club. I stated that they were as Wasps own the Ricoh and are renting it CCFC home games. You then stated that Wasps aren't local. Stop wriggling and just admit that you got this one wrong?
No I didn't.

I said 'even Coventry are returning'.

Willthiswork wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:

. I seem to remember that your idea was that NCAFC could fold as long as there was a stadium for someone to play in - I just didn't (and still don't) get it.

I would respond if I only had the first clue what that is meant to mean.
You did say that you didn't mind if NCAFC went bust and reformed, as a non-league outfit (in Hellenic etc), as long as they had a stadium to play at in Newport.
No I didn't.

I did say that I'd rather be in the National League South with a fit for purpose stadium than In League two without one. My rationale being that with a fit for purpose stadium we are two good seasons away from being a League club with a fit for purpose stadium whereas without a stadium we are two poor seasons away from being a National South team without a stadium.

I do wish you would at least do me the courtesy of reading that which I write before posting nonsense.

The latest ramble/rumble.

No doubt Willthiswork will either delete or remove this but it is important.

I don't mind people being rude to me. And I welcome people disagreeing with me.

However I don't like people claiming I have said things I have not. Now being misunderstood happens occasionally. And I'm as guilty as anyone else. But some posters, do it far too often for it to be accidental. That one of the worst miscreants sets himself up to be a moderator of this board is beyond farce.

Please Willie mate, stop it.