Re: Stadium Discussion(s)

The Newport wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
The Newport wrote:
Mr Figo wrote:As i have said previously - if you are a fan of the club, which you say you are, then £5 million is a serious amount of money that will benefit the Club. I suggest you get in touch with the Club if you are serious rather than post on an unofficial message board.
I have been a Newport County supporter for well over 50 years. Yes, I agree 5 million is a serious amount of money for any club. I still feel the same as Stan Newport County need a Stadium in the long run and I still strongly believe that the football side should not have control of the stadium. And I will tell you why, after taking advice from several people involved in the football industry. And their advice was if the club (Newport County) were to go out of business everything that they owned would be sold off or auctioned off to raise money to pay their debts they might have. I would love to share this idea with the club but as I said a stadium and the football side shouldn't be as one.
You need to do some research on how the County are funded/owned/run.

You keep spouting off on here about how you can make £5 million for the club. You brought it up, not us. Anyone who has any recollection of the history of this club knows we have seen empty promises like this before. Go do your research, you have been a fan for 50 years so you should know anyway.

I have told you publicly in the past that my wonderful idea could raise £10 million for the club, not £5 million. Perhaps you don’t want to get in a race with me, you know, like it could be some sort of competition, man that would be spooky.

I am a reasonable cook, only reasonable mind. Do you want some fruitcake? I can make and send you some.

As you replied to my post-its only right that I should reply to yours although my post wasn't directed at you.

I will answer as if you asked me questions?

Maybe there was a miss understanding at the beginning of the idea everyone thinking it was for the club and not the stadium group. Oh sorry is this not the stadium group thread?

And as for spouting off, as you put it. Let me enlighten you. I have only mentioned it a couple of times. But you and your friends, like to mention it every time that I make a comment on this thread. if your aim/goal is to stop me from making comments on this thread then it isn't working?

Why don't you let the club know about the 10 million pound idea I'm sure that they would appreciate your input they might even let you join their secret Society (Board of Directors)?

Why do you and several users on this forum keep calling me someone that I'm not?

And as for cooking that you mentioned, I don't like cakes but thank you for asking?

If you what to act like a schoolyard bully carry on. I thought that you had a bit more intelligence than that (first impressions and all that how wrong was I)?
Why would I want you to stop making comments on this thread? Free speech and all that.

I have heard the Board called a lot of things, but, Secret Society, ffs, get real.

Now, in the interest of free speech, openness and transparency, how about you telling us about your £5 million. The moment you do, and when I see your post I will tell everyone my idea of making £10 million. We can have a little competition. I bet you like them.

llanwern exile wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:I don't know why some are giving the Riddler the time of day. It's all bullshit. A fan of 50 years has a fool proof way of raising £5m towards a stadium of our own yet doesn't want to share his idea?
It's not Colin is it with the bath bombs? :wink: :roll: :lol:
But he does want to share it but only with corky, which makes me wonder are they related and is corky keeping schtum about it,

The plot thickens :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just for 100% clarification. I don't believe I know the identity of THE NEWPORT.. We aren't related as far as I an aware, no I am not Gavin.
The Newport has contacted me and told me his idea / plan which do look good on paper. He has also asked me not to reveal any info about them which as I told him, anything told in confidence to me will never be revealed by me. If they come out it will be from him or a total coincidence.. I am a man of my word
I have my faults, we all do but I am a man of honour when asked

Percy plunkett wrote:To answer Mr Figo regarding Brendan,he has said that he wouldn’t put a penny into the Trust because of lack of transparency so he isn’t a Trust Member although he did contribute to the fans fund to buy the club,however,this was after the target had been reached and purely for the purpose of saying he helped save the club and that he was a Trust shareholder.I believe he still holds seven shares in Newport AFC LTD so he is a shareholder there so could quite easily send his questions in ready for the AGM.My guess is,he will wait until the day of the AGM and just post a series of questions on this mb in one of his infamous open letters,asking someone else to ask his questions at the meeting.
Percy,

Thanks for giving me something to smile about this morning. And whilst you're talking nonsense at least unlike your views on not wearing masks during a pandemic believing your crap won't result in people dying.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:To answer Mr Figo regarding Brendan,he has said that he wouldn’t put a penny into the Trust because of lack of transparency so he isn’t a Trust Member although he did contribute to the fans fund to buy the club,however,this was after the target had been reached and purely for the purpose of saying he helped save the club and that he was a Trust shareholder.I believe he still holds seven shares in Newport AFC LTD so he is a shareholder there so could quite easily send his questions in ready for the AGM.My guess is,he will wait until the day of the AGM and just post a series of questions on this mb in one of his infamous open letters,asking someone else to ask his questions at the meeting.
Percy,

Thanks for giving me something to smile about this morning. And whilst you're talking nonsense at least unlike your views on not wearing masks during a pandemic believing your crap won't result in people dying.
Isn’t it strange,Mr Figo asks you a perfectly reasonably question and you fail to reply,then I say the reply for you and you comment.You have said that you will not join the Trust because of lack of transparency,I was merely stating what you have said so,where is the nonsense in my reply.

Percy plunkett wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Percy,

Isn’t it strange,Mr Figo asks you a perfectly reasonably question and you fail to reply,then I say the reply for you and you comment.You have said that you will not join the Trust because of lack of transparency,I was merely stating what you have said so,where is the nonsense in my reply.
125,000 dead and counting. Strange you won't answer how many you are prepared to see die so you can go and watch a football match without even wearing a mask.

Strange indeed.

Papski2 wrote:Bottom line.. what ever the group has or hasn't achieved, it is still more than getting on this merry go round again.

Either get involved directly or indirectly.

Put your proposal up for vote by running for the board.

Or keep on going round and round and round on this message board.
I live in a different country. This board is a sounding board. Don't for one moment think the board of Directors don't read this board or react to it.

Now I do have sympathy for their predicament. Funding the development of a stadium costs time and money. It is a balancing act between the short term requirements of putting the best possible team on the pitch and the long term requirement of having a sustainable future. You can argue that the present board, and previous boards have got the balance right, we are after all a League team. My opinion is that view is mistaken. Firstly because we are only a League team because of an enormous piece of luck in that Les Scadding's lottery win financed our present status. Secondly that a town the size of Newport is under achieving in League 2. And finally that we have no foundations. Without a stadium we are two bad seasons from being back in National South.

You may not recall this but the stadium discussion group started when Mr Figo said the stadium was an impossible dream. I responded by asking him whether he was prepared to just give in without trying. To his credit he was not, and the group was born. I left the group when it became clear that the view of Gavin Foxall was that now was not the time. Confirmed by Willthiswork in his post above.

So here's the thing. David Hando stated that we could not have become a League club playing at Spytty. I agree. So since the demolition of Somerton Park thirty years ago, Newport County have not had a stadium suitable for League football. We have played games at Moreton, Gloucester and now Cardiff for f@ck's sake.

Two options. Either change our nickname to the Permanently Exiled, or face up to the problem. And as for now not being the right time, after 30 years don't you think that excuse is wearing a bit thin?

Stan A. Einstein wrote: I live in a different country. This board is a sounding board. Don't for one moment think the board of Directors don't read this board or react to it.
I wasn't necessarily aiming my comment at anyone directly.

I wholeheartedly agree with many of your points and that any money raised should be 100% ring fenced.

Les is one story and whether we under or over achieve is another.

I think you can do your part from another country. Join the trust. Put forth your views directly. If no joy, run for the board on your views and don't take up your seat if you win. See how many votes you get.. I bet you'll get more traction than just using this message board.

I do think someone from the group should run for the board and make it a 'mainstream' issue for the club.

Typical Brendan,change the subject to avoid answering the question.Mr Figo asked,are you a shareholder or Trust member,why don’t you send your questions in ahead of the AGM.You are a minor shareholder in the club,that allows you to ask questions to the Club section of the AGM so,sit down this weekend and send your queries off.The Club will have a week then to answer on the night.Don’t just wait until the day and post a flood of questions on this unofficial mb and then say there is no transparency.

supporter wrote:"The Newport" to save me trawling through all the previous can you clarify whether you actually have 5 million personally or is it an idea that is starting from scratch which will need other people to support or thirdly is it an idea that is already off the ground and needs pushing along.

For the record I'm not encouraging anything I'm just trying to establish whether this a personal fund or an idea.

No, it would not be from my personal fund. I'm still working on my idea/plan. It is taking a little bit longer than I anticipated, but I'm getting there.

The Newport wrote:
supporter wrote:"The Newport" to save me trawling through all the previous can you clarify whether you actually have 5 million personally or is it an idea that is starting from scratch which will need other people to support or thirdly is it an idea that is already off the ground and needs pushing along.

For the record I'm not encouraging anything I'm just trying to establish whether this a personal fund or an idea.

No, it would not be from my personal fund. I'm still working on my idea/plan. It is taking a little bit longer than I anticipated, but I'm getting there.
In all seriousness, good luck. I really look forward to seeing it succeed.

I read in the press that Sir Terry Mathews said that the Celtic Manor took a Million Pounds in ONE day when they had they held the Golf up there and I think that if he was approached by a group of Business men he would maybe look kindly on getting a stadium for our League ONE football club ...to make the City big time too.............just a thought !!

BertieB wrote:I read in the press that Sir Terry Mathews said that the Celtic Manor took a Million Pounds in ONE day when they had they held the Golf up there and I think that if he was approached by a group of Business men he would maybe look kindly on getting a stadium for our League ONE football club ...to make the City big time too.............just a thought !!
The only sport he likes is golf Bertie