Stadium Focus Group: Next Meeting 27 July @ 8pm

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Re: Stadium Focus Group: Next Meeting 27 July @ 8pm

Postby George Street-Bridge » July 30th, 2020, 9:21 am

I have spent hundreds upon hundreds of hours "doing something positive for my club" over the last nine years or so. How about you?
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » July 30th, 2020, 9:36 am

George Street-Bridge wrote:I have spent hundreds upon hundreds of hours "doing something positive for my club" over the last nine years or so. How about you?

I have had an idea which gives our club a hope of survival.

However I think that this syndrome of 'My willy's bigger than yours' is best left in the school yard. How about you?
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Postby George Street-Bridge » July 30th, 2020, 9:49 am

Well,you introduced the notion.

I know you can't help it, but can't you see that your involvement must be a pair of concrete boots on any initiative?
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » July 30th, 2020, 9:54 am

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
excessbee wrote:OK Frank, I see that you were in fact referring to communication other than the ones suggested and hoped for by Mr Figo. However, to simply chose to disregard the offensive remarks made does suggest you may be burying your head in the sand.

If you google the word gobshite you will find the following definition.

Irish slang vulgar. Stupid, foolish or incompetent person.

A group of people who transfer £5,000 from one bank account they control to another and try to make out it was an anonymous donation strikes me as stupid, foolish and incompetent.

Come to think of it, defending such behaviour strikes me as somewhat stupid, foolish and incompetent. :grin:

Can anybody argue with paragraph 3?
User

Amberexile

Sheffield

Postby Amberexile » July 30th, 2020, 9:58 am

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
excessbee wrote:OK Frank, I see that you were in fact referring to communication other than the ones suggested and hoped for by Mr Figo. However, to simply chose to disregard the offensive remarks made does suggest you may be burying your head in the sand.

A group of people who transfer £5,000 from one bank account they control to another and try to make out it was an anonymous donation strikes me as stupid, foolish and incompetent.

Come to think of it, defending such behaviour strikes me as somewhat stupid, foolish and incompetent. :grin:

Yes
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » July 30th, 2020, 10:15 am

Amberexile wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Yes

So tell me Paul. Are you leaving the Trust. Or does 'I'm out' have a hitherto unknown meaning?

:grin:
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » July 30th, 2020, 11:09 am

Amberexile wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Yes

Really Amber?
To myself it was taking the Michael out of everybody.
User

Amberexile

Sheffield

Postby Amberexile » July 30th, 2020, 11:13 am

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Yes

So tell me Paul. Are you leaving the Trust. Or does 'I'm out' have a hitherto unknown meaning?

Standing order cancelled.
User

Amberexile

Sheffield

Postby Amberexile » July 30th, 2020, 11:16 am

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Yes

Really Amber?

Really.
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » July 30th, 2020, 12:13 pm

Amberexile wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Yes

Really Amber?

Really.

Sorry to say but Yes
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » July 30th, 2020, 12:43 pm

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Standing order cancelled.

Newport County can't survive unless people like you and me do not dip into their pockets to assist the club. So reading this post I feel nothing but sadness. If it's a victory for me it's a pyrrhic one. Ridiculous as it may seem to some, Newport County are a passion of mine. Have been for 54 years.

Sometimes my anger and what is being done to our club gets the better of me. Passion can do that to better men than me. But passion can make us rise above our base instincts.

So Mr Foxhall, Mr Ward, Mr Johnson. Newport is a great town. Newportonians are great people. You have before you two choices. You can carry on as you are. Nobody can make you listen. Nobody can call you to account. And even if your arrogance destroys our club, you can just walk away blaming the supporters for being interested only in booze and bingo.

Or you can start to listen. Start to engage with the people who raised a quarter of a million pounds in a few short weeks. Those people are still there and they want to help.

Passion can ennoble us. For my part so much so that I can forgo pride.

On my knees I beg you. Choose the second option.
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Postby pembsexile » July 30th, 2020, 5:34 pm

George Street-Bridge wrote:I strongly suspect that isn't what Excessbee means.

I was invited via PM to join the group, but declined.

I can see why the board might be wary of any initiative launched by someone who only yesterday said "the inner sanctum of directors who run Newport County are a load of complete gobshites".

Careful who you suck up to Pembs, or you'll get tainted by association.

Only strongly suspect, you don’t seem certain. Have another think about it.

Here is what I think. I think you should be more concerned about your own offensive posts rather than what others think of the club officials. This is a Newport County messageboard.

Never mind, even when getting it wrong you won’t admit it. It’s beneath and beyond you. Somebody tonight beat me to the word to describe you although I have used it myself in the past. Others on this board will see you for what you are.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » July 30th, 2020, 7:30 pm

pembsexile wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:I strongly suspect that isn't what Excessbee means.

I was invited via PM to join the group, but declined.

I can see why the board might be wary of any initiative launched by someone who only yesterday said "the inner sanctum of directors who run Newport County are a load of complete gobshites".

Careful who you suck up to Pembs, or you'll get tainted by association.

Only strongly suspect, you don’t seem certain. Have another think about it.

Here is what I think. I think you should be more concerned about your own offensive posts rather than what others think of the club officials. This is a Newport County messageboard.

Never mind, even when getting it wrong you won’t admit it. It’s beneath and beyond you. Somebody tonight beat me to the word to describe you although I have used it myself in the past. Others on this board will see you for what you are.

Ah now Mike,

Give yer man a bit of latitude. He's all at sea so he is. Lost in the fog, unable to navigate. Not knowing his north star from his southern cross.

The quality of mercy and all that........ :grin:
no avatar
User

excessbee

Postby excessbee » July 30th, 2020, 7:39 pm

pembsexile wrote:
excessbee wrote:
Mr Figo wrote:
........... We will be shortly sending a letter to the BoD inviting them to support the idea of an independent stadium trust (the details of which have yet to be examined) and inviting them to further meetings..........

........... the next meeting will take place hopefully after a response is received from the BoD as we are keen to get their support to move things forward. Hopefully with a positive response.........

Hmm.... Not sure that abusive remarks on another thread are going to make this very likely.

Abusive remarks on another thread? I am not aware that the person who said that Stan was unravelling thereby raising mental health issues was in the group trying to deal with the board. I may be wrong though. I do agree though that it was an abusive remark.

Well, of course, GSB made entirely the right connection, and yours was entirely wrong.
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Postby pembsexile » July 30th, 2020, 7:56 pm

excessbee wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
excessbee wrote:
Mr Figo wrote:
........... We will be shortly sending a letter to the BoD inviting them to support the idea of an independent stadium trust (the details of which have yet to be examined) and inviting them to further meetings..........

........... the next meeting will take place hopefully after a response is received from the BoD as we are keen to get their support to move things forward. Hopefully with a positive response.........

Hmm.... Not sure that abusive remarks on another thread are going to make this very likely.

Abusive remarks on another thread? I am not aware that the person who said that Stan was unravelling thereby raising mental health issues was in the group trying to deal with the board. I may be wrong though. I do agree though that it was an abusive remark.

Well, of course, GSB made entirely the right connection, and yours was entirely wrong.

That made me chuckle. I seriously think that you believe that. I did think with your earlier response that you were trying to use irony. I know better now.
PreviousNext