Re: Stadium Focus Group: Letter sent to the Board

With all no respect. Then plow a Mill in.

Frankly Mr Shanley as a post Manc bender in post shanc, used to say. Chairman could we lend a Welsh Cup?

But you could, you could if you went on several cup runs and went on TV. Save a little.

Buy some cheap land in a Covid crisis. Think ahead, build a youth policy. Keep it going, thanks to a genius manager on no money.

Rise up, wangle your dangle for a Putin or Chinese Trump to bite.

Or ...funny you grow a different way.

You build a truly community club. Built and owned by the people. Every £5 of Council Tax goes into sport regeneration. £1 to Newport County. Every £1 pound raised in corporation tax goes to Newport County. Every £1 pound attributed in Capital Gains goes you guessed. Like Barcelona give it gives back.

Build a Club that attracts all the Welsh and SW English talent.

You build it. They want to come.

Lost in Willesden wrote:With all no respect. Then plow a Mill in.

Frankly Mr Shanley as a post Manc bender in post shanc, used to say. Chairman could we lend a Welsh Cup?

But you could, you could if you went on several cup runs and went on TV. Save a little.

Buy some cheap land in a Covid crisis. Think ahead, build a youth policy. Keep it going, thanks to a genius manager on no money.

You build a truly community club. Built and owned by the people. Every £5 of Council Tax goes into sport regeneration. £1 to Newport County. Every £1 pound raised in corporation tax goes to Newport County. Every £1 pound attributed in Capital Gains goes you guessed. Like Barcelona give it gives back.

The problem I envisage with the Council raising money for sport regeneration specifically from Council Tax is that they would possibly become the major shareholder in the club. Those with long memories would see this as a bad idea.

wattsville_boy wrote:
Lost in Willesden wrote:With all no respect. Then plow a Mill in.

The problem I envisage with the Council raising money for sport regeneration specifically from Council Tax is that they would possibly become the major shareholder in the club. Those with long memories would see this as a bad idea.
My recollection of council involvement was of largely helping the club, it only became an issue when the club was already doomed. They also created Spytty Stadium which facilitated our return home.

A lot of the stadium developments of current times have been reliant on council partnering by way of land purchase, land swaps or joint ventures.

Re: Stadium Focus Group: Next Meeting 14 Sept, 20:00

Dear Sirs , i have only just logged in and after reading of the Cardiff Blues probable playing some of their games as OTHER users of Rodney Parade it seems to me that Newport County are being treated a no count importance of the pitch and slowly but surely pushed out of Rodney Parade and County's future certainly looks shaky, I hope I,m wrong but..................
Come on the Port...................Bob Bassett