Stadium Focus Group: Next Meeting 30th NOVEMBER 20:00

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Re: Stadium Focus Group: Next Meeting 21st OCTOBER 20:00

Postby Stan A. Einstein » October 19th, 2020, 6:42 pm

whoareya wrote:Perhaps create a Landlord 'HoldCo' owned by both parties, then have both sporting entities as equal sub-tenants on long term leases, with the nuances of fixture primacy etc detailed in the Heads of Terms.


The idea is fine. Problem is why would the rugby agree to that? They have no incentive to and County have no leverage.

The only leverage County have is that they can threaten to leave Rodney Parade. And where pray are we going to go then?

Then again if we had the option of developing our own stadium. Food for thought.
no avatar
User

whoareya

Re: Stadium Focus Group: Next Meeting 21st OCTOBER 20:00

Postby whoareya » October 19th, 2020, 8:11 pm

Incentive for the Dragons/WRU is to 'sell' RP to the HoldCo to raise/release funds to sustain regional rugby, Dragons become more appealing to investors as per the WRU's preferred option to 'stand alone', whilst retaining joint ownership of RP. Football raises funds/mortgage, takes a joint stake in the HoldCo, incentive is to co-own a ground and become a joint sub-tenant on equal terms, long lease. No more 10 year rolling lease or painfull service charge surprises.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Re: Stadium Focus Group: Next Meeting 21st OCTOBER 20:00

Postby Stan A. Einstein » October 20th, 2020, 5:34 am

whoareya wrote:Incentive for the Dragons/WRU is to 'sell' RP to the HoldCo to raise/release funds to sustain regional rugby, Dragons become more appealing to investors as per the WRU's preferred option to 'stand alone', whilst retaining joint ownership of RP. Football raises funds/mortgage, takes a joint stake in the HoldCo, incentive is to co-own a ground and become a joint sub-tenant on equal terms, long lease. No more 10 year rolling lease or painfull service charge surprises.


The only way a 'tenancy' (it's really a license but let's not split hairs) would work is if the landlord were the local authority. Any other landlord will as all landlords do, juice the tenant.
no avatar
User

old ironside

Re: Stadium Focus Group: Next Meeting 21st OCTOBER 20:00

Postby old ironside » October 20th, 2020, 11:18 am

I am sure that me and my mates and the supporters of our club would raise money to buy a half share in RP . But we would need to be told what was going on and that does not seem to happen.
no avatar
User

Willthiswork

Rank

Moderator

Re: Stadium Focus Group: Next Meeting 21st OCTOBER 20:00

Postby Willthiswork » October 20th, 2020, 11:46 am

old ironside wrote:I am sure that me and my mates and the supporters of our club would raise money to buy a half share in RP . But we would need to be told what was going on and that does not seem to happen.


Please join in the discussion tomorrow night if you can - all ideas to raise money are greatly appreciated.
no avatar
User

Willthiswork

Rank

Moderator

Re: Stadium Focus Group: Next Meeting 28 Sept, 20:00

Postby Willthiswork » October 21st, 2020, 10:53 am

Link for tonight's meeting:

https://checkout.zoom.us/j/5694301338?p ... Fyd2gzQT09

Please don't join before 8pm.
no avatar
User

whoareya

Re: Stadium Focus Group: Next Meeting 21st OCTOBER 20:00

Postby whoareya » October 22nd, 2020, 6:33 am

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
whoareya wrote:Incentive for the Dragons/WRU is to 'sell' RP to the HoldCo to raise/release funds to sustain regional rugby, Dragons become more appealing to investors as per the WRU's preferred option to 'stand alone', whilst retaining joint ownership of RP. Football raises funds/mortgage, takes a joint stake in the HoldCo, incentive is to co-own a ground and become a joint sub-tenant on equal terms, long lease. No more 10 year rolling lease or painfull service charge surprises.


The only way a 'tenancy' (it's really a license but let's not split hairs) would work is if the landlord were the local authority. Any other landlord will as all landlords do, juice the tenant.


If a party was both joint Landlord and joint tenant, there would be little point in juicing yourself. It is not unusual for tenants of flats to own a share of the Freehold equally with other tenants.

I think your litigious career assumes all situations result in dispute and forced resolution.

It doesn't have to be that way.
no avatar
User

frostyjohn

Re: Stadium Focus Group: Next Meeting 28th OCTOBER 20:00

Postby frostyjohn » October 22nd, 2020, 7:43 am

"joint ownership" "equal terms" but insisting on primacy of fixtures and vetoing an artificial pitch. Pretty fundamental inequality there.
no avatar
User

whoareya

Re: Stadium Focus Group: Next Meeting 28th OCTOBER 20:00

Postby whoareya » October 22nd, 2020, 10:09 am

frostyjohn wrote:"joint ownership" "equal terms" but insisting on primacy of fixtures and vetoing an artificial pitch. Pretty fundamental inequality there.


We've managed to accommodate both issues for several years now.

I'd agree they would be priorities, but not insurmountable.

The operational responsibilities for the County as an equal tenant would have to step up financially to retain things like grass pitches, no doubt about that.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Re: Stadium Focus Group: Next Meeting 28th OCTOBER 20:00

Postby Stan A. Einstein » October 23rd, 2020, 8:23 am

whoareya wrote:
frostyjohn wrote:"joint ownership" "equal terms" but insisting on primacy of fixtures and vetoing an artificial pitch. Pretty fundamental inequality there.


We've managed to accommodate both issues for several years now.

I'd agree they would be priorities, but not insurmountable.

The operational responsibilities for the County as an equal tenant would have to step up financially to retain things like grass pitches, no doubt about that.


I agree that your projection would be the best outcome but ask yourself this.

Newport RFC went bust in 1988. Rodney Parade was demolished for city centre housing. A new rugby club, the Newport Dragons for many years shared a wholly unsuitable stadium with Newport Harriers Athletics. However in 2012 they became tenants of Newport County at Somerton Park. Newport County had a nice little earrner there. In 2020 the Newport Dragons suggested that Newport County share ownership of Somerton Park with the Dragons.

Well would you?
no avatar
User

Willthiswork

Rank

Moderator

Re: Stadium Focus Group: Next Meeting 28th OCTOBER 20:00

Postby Willthiswork » October 23rd, 2020, 9:24 am

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
whoareya wrote:
frostyjohn wrote:"joint ownership" "equal terms" but insisting on primacy of fixtures and vetoing an artificial pitch. Pretty fundamental inequality there.


We've managed to accommodate both issues for several years now.

I'd agree they would be priorities, but not insurmountable.

The operational responsibilities for the County as an equal tenant would have to step up financially to retain things like grass pitches, no doubt about that.


I agree that your projection would be the best outcome but ask yourself this.

Newport RFC went bust in 1988. Rodney Parade was demolished for city centre housing. A new rugby club, the Newport Dragons for many years shared a wholly unsuitable stadium with Newport Harriers Athletics. However in 2012 they became tenants of Newport County at Somerton Park. Newport County had a nice little earrner there. In 2020 the Newport Dragons suggested that Newport County share ownership of Somerton Park with the Dragons.

Well would you?


But you have forgotten that (in your story) Newport County has new owners, the FAW, who also now own Somerton Park. County have no say now on who play at SP as they are tenants themselves.
no avatar
User

whoareya

Re: Stadium Focus Group: Next Meeting 28th OCTOBER 20:00

Postby whoareya » October 23rd, 2020, 9:26 am

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
whoareya wrote:
frostyjohn wrote:"joint ownership" "equal terms" but insisting on primacy of fixtures and vetoing an artificial pitch. Pretty fundamental inequality there.


We've managed to accommodate both issues for several years now.

I'd agree they would be priorities, but not insurmountable.

The operational responsibilities for the County as an equal tenant would have to step up financially to retain things like grass pitches, no doubt about that.


I agree that your projection would be the best outcome but ask yourself this.

Newport RFC went bust in 1988. Rodney Parade was demolished for city centre housing. A new rugby club, the Newport Dragons for many years shared a wholly unsuitable stadium with Newport Harriers Athletics. However in 2012 they became tenants of Newport County at Somerton Park. Newport County had a nice little earrner there. In 2020 the Newport Dragons suggested that Newport County share ownership of Somerton Park with the Dragons.

Well would you?


Id also consider the that, since 2012, the nice little earner (if it was that) has become rather more important in the subsequent 8 years that has seen regional rugby fall off a cliff. And then theres the financial implications of the pandemic.

So I'd probably look at it as:

Newport RFC went bust in 1988. Rodney Parade was demolished for city centre housing. A new rugby club, the Newport Dragons for many years shared a wholly unsuitable stadium with Newport Harriers Athletics. However in 2012 they became tenants of Newport County at Somerton Park. Newport County had a nice little earner there, but have subsequently suffered in the meltdown of lower league football and rely heavily on subsidies from their Landlord/owner, who have stated that they must become self-sufficient In 2020 a pandemic continues to cause financial meltdown, with income streams greatly reduced; alternative financing is now critical to survival, but miraculously the Newport Dragons suggested that Newport County share ownership of Somerton Park with the Dragons, with the financial benefits that go along with it.

Well where do I sign.......?
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Re: Stadium Focus Group: Next Meeting 28th OCTOBER 20:00

Postby Stan A. Einstein » October 23rd, 2020, 1:54 pm

whoareya wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
whoareya wrote:
frostyjohn wrote:"joint ownership" "equal terms" but insisting on primacy of fixtures and vetoing an artificial pitch. Pretty fundamental inequality there.


We've managed to accommodate both issues for several years now.

I'd agree they would be priorities, but not insurmountable.

The operational responsibilities for the County as an equal tenant would have to step up financially to retain things like grass pitches, no doubt about that.


I agree that your projection would be the best outcome but ask yourself this.

Newport RFC went bust in 1988. Rodney Parade was demolished for city centre housing. A new rugby club, the Newport Dragons for many years shared a wholly unsuitable stadium with Newport Harriers Athletics. However in 2012 they became tenants of Newport County at Somerton Park. Newport County had a nice little earrner there. In 2020 the Newport Dragons suggested that Newport County share ownership of Somerton Park with the Dragons.

Well would you?


Id also consider the that, since 2012, the nice little earner (if it was that) has become rather more important in the subsequent 8 years that has seen regional rugby fall off a cliff. And then theres the financial implications of the pandemic.

So I'd probably look at it as:

Newport RFC went bust in 1988. Rodney Parade was demolished for city centre housing. A new rugby club, the Newport Dragons for many years shared a wholly unsuitable stadium with Newport Harriers Athletics. However in 2012 they became tenants of Newport County at Somerton Park. Newport County had a nice little earner there, but have subsequently suffered in the meltdown of lower league football and rely heavily on subsidies from their Landlord/owner, who have stated that they must become self-sufficient In 2020 a pandemic continues to cause financial meltdown, with income streams greatly reduced; alternative financing is now critical to survival, but miraculously the Newport Dragons suggested that Newport County share ownership of Somerton Park with the Dragons, with the financial benefits that go along with it.

Well where do I sign.......?


I hope you're right.
no avatar
User

Willthiswork

Rank

Moderator

Re: Stadium Focus Group: Next Meeting 30th NOVEMBER 20:00

Postby Willthiswork » November 6th, 2020, 2:01 pm

Stadium Focus Group: Next Meeting 30th NOVEMBER 20:00
no avatar
User

The Wolf

Re: Stadium Focus Group: Next Meeting 30th NOVEMBER 20:00

Postby The Wolf » November 9th, 2020, 4:43 pm

I haven't read all of this thread as of yet. Do you have a run down of all your discussions (Minutes).That you could send me Please.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Powered by phpBB ®