Stadium Focus Group: Next Meeting 27 July @ 8pm

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

Location

MT

Re: First stadium meeting.

Postby Exile 1976 » June 18th, 2020, 9:16 pm

Sounds like a good start. I couldn’t make tonight but will hopefully be able to make the next.
User avatar
User

Mr Figo

Re: First stadium meeting.

Postby Mr Figo » June 18th, 2020, 9:28 pm

Myself and Stan disagreed to make things transparent :wink:
no avatar
User

flat4

Location

WHERE EVER THE JOB TAKES ME

Re: First stadium meeting.

Postby flat4 » June 19th, 2020, 7:17 am

Due to a last minute family issue I was unable to join in with the meeting, would be interested in knowing what was discussed during the meeting, also how many joined the meeting.

John
User avatar
User

Mr Figo

Re: First stadium meeting.

Postby Mr Figo » June 19th, 2020, 7:51 am

Hi John,

I sent you a message before the meeting and a couple could not make it. In all we chatted for nearly two hours and it was really to give those 5 of us who attended the chance to air views and chew the fat when it comes to establishing a stadium trust fund. We were all in agreement that the first couple of meetings should be to get views out from those who have an interest. It is important that we try to establish links with the club as well and show we are there to support.

Willthiswork has posted another thread re: supporter groups that support County. The aim is to establish dialogue with these groups and open up the discussion further.

The next meeting is pencilled in for the 29 Jun @ 8pm for those that want to join or just want to listen to what is being said. Please PM myself or Willthiswork for details.
no avatar
User

flat4

Location

WHERE EVER THE JOB TAKES ME

Re: First stadium meeting.

Postby flat4 » June 19th, 2020, 9:33 am

Mr Figo wrote:Hi John,

I sent you a message before the meeting and a couple could not make it. In all we chatted for nearly two hours and it was really to give those 5 of us who attended the chance to air views and chew the fat when it comes to establishing a stadium trust fund. We were all in agreement that the first couple of meetings should be to get views out from those who have an interest. It is important that we try to establish links with the club as well and show we are there to support.

Willthiswork has posted another thread re: supporter groups that support County. The aim is to establish dialogue with these groups and open up the discussion further.

The next meeting is pencilled in for the 29 Jun @ 8pm for those that want to join or just want to listen to what is being said. Please PM myself or Willthiswork for details.


Many thanks for the update, have pencilled the date in the diary.

John
no avatar
User

County ranger

Re: First stadium meeting.

Postby County ranger » June 19th, 2020, 9:35 am

Should there not be minutes published and full disclosure on what the disagreement was about. Surely Stan this is what you endlessly preach about others
Agenda for next meeting
List of attendees
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Re: First stadium meeting.

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » June 19th, 2020, 9:42 am

County ranger wrote:Should there not be minutes published and full disclosure on what the disagreement was about. Surely Stan this is what you endlessly preach about others
Agenda for next meeting
List of attendees

How pathetic. :roll:
no avatar
User

weownourclub

Re: First stadium meeting.

Postby weownourclub » June 19th, 2020, 10:44 am

County ranger wrote:Should there not be minutes published and full disclosure on what the disagreement was about. Surely Stan this is what you endlessly preach about others
Agenda for next meeting
List of attendees


Brilliant! Can't make it up :lol:
no avatar
User

Willthiswork

Rank

Moderator

Re: First stadium meeting.

Postby Willthiswork » June 19th, 2020, 10:59 am

County ranger wrote:Should there not be minutes published and full disclosure on what the disagreement was about. Surely Stan this is what you endlessly preach about others
Agenda for next meeting
List of attendees


Minutes are as follows:

Attendance: Brendan, Joe, Mike, David

We discussed possible ways of connecting with the club and supporters to look into the feasibility of a trust fund to purchase/develop our own stadium to provide the club with 'football with a future'.

Agenda for next meeting will be issued shortly.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Re: First stadium meeting.

Postby Stan A. Einstein » June 19th, 2020, 12:40 pm

County ranger wrote:Should there not be minutes published and full disclosure on what the disagreement was about. Surely Stan this is what you endlessly preach about others
Agenda for next meetingj
List of attendees



Really pleased that you are interested. Why not go the extra step and join us? We are not a secret society, we are a friendly bunch of supporters who want as many people to join us in the single endeavour of finding a way to develop a stadium fit for purpose in the 21st century.
no avatar
User

NearlyDead

Re: First stadium meeting.

Postby NearlyDead » June 19th, 2020, 5:37 pm

County ranger wrote:Should there not be minutes published and full disclosure on what the disagreement was about. Surely Stan this is what you endlessly preach about others
Agenda for next meeting
List of attendees


I know not whether the comment was meant to be flippant or not (though I think it likely was), but I'd say probably not from last night (which looks like just an exploratotry exercise).

But going forward, at some point I'd say the answer is very likely yes.

If the idea is to raise money then that comes with financial and other obligations and the need for committees and officers, meetings and minutes (and a constitution), accounts, banking transactions, data protection, charity application(?), ...
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Re: First stadium meeting.

Postby Percy plunkett » June 19th, 2020, 6:09 pm

Willthiswork wrote:
County ranger wrote:Should there not be minutes published and full disclosure on what the disagreement was about. Surely Stan this is what you endlessly preach about others
Agenda for next meeting
List of attendees


Minutes are as follows:

Attendance: Brendan, Joe, Mike, David

We discussed possible ways of connecting with the club and supporters to look into the feasibility of a trust fund to purchase/develop our own stadium to provide the club with 'football with a future'.

Agenda for next meeting will be issued shortly.

Mr Figo said there was five at the meeting.
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Re: First stadium meeting.

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » June 19th, 2020, 6:28 pm

Percy plunkett wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:
County ranger wrote:Should there not be minutes published and full disclosure on what the disagreement was about. Surely Stan this is what you endlessly preach about others
Agenda for next meeting
List of attendees


Minutes are as follows:

Attendance: Brendan, Joe, Mike, David

We discussed possible ways of connecting with the club and supporters to look into the feasibility of a trust fund to purchase/develop our own stadium to provide the club with 'football with a future'.

Agenda for next meeting will be issued shortly.

Mr Figo said there was five at the meeting.

Bit Pedantic!
Come on Percy you are better than that.
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Re: First stadium meeting.

Postby Percy plunkett » June 19th, 2020, 6:51 pm

No,just interested.Who isJoe,Mike and David.Is Mr Figo one of these or is he the fifth.
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Re: First stadium meeting.

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » June 19th, 2020, 7:08 pm

Percy plunkett wrote:No,just interested.Who isJoe,Mike and David.Is Mr Figo one of these or is he the fifth.

Fair enough Percy.
Bit difficult to do minutes attending as things hopefully get important, do the contributors use User Names or real names.
If it takes off everybody will need to use genuine correct names?
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Powered by phpBB ®