Re: New Hummel Training Wear

Those shirts are four years old by this point and come in all colours of the rainbow, deal with hummel must have been signed too late for something bespoke to come in.

https://club25football.wordpress.com/20 ... ome-shirt/

Funny that the Oldham home shirt design is the same as another Singapore shirt, note that weird slit down the collar;

Then again, if it's good enough for Albirex Niigata Singapore and Tampines Rovers (who) then surely it is good enough for County.

halfmoon wrote:I’ve noticed a hell of a lot of teams having charities as their main sponsor next year, which puts our apparent sponsorship troubles into perspective
Which surely doesn't mean the charities are 'sponsoring' the shirt (by payment) but just being publicised by being on the shirt.

MarshMoreton wrote:Those shirts are four years old by this point and come in all colours of the rainbow, deal with hummel must have been signed too late for something bespoke to come in.

Funny that the Oldham home shirt design is the same as another Singapore shirt, note that weird slit down the collar;

Then again, if it's good enough for Albirex Niigata Singapore and Tampines Rovers (who) then surely it is good enough for County.
Makes sense that we'd be using a 4 year old Hummel template as training kit, but the fact it's our training shirt basically guarantees it won't be the match shirt.

It's been doing the rounds that we'd have Hummel kit since at least January, which is enough time to get a decent design in a normal season, and any possible COVID-19 production or distribution delays will be partly offset by the delay in the start of the season for a couple of months too.

And fwiw whilst I love the hoodie (even at £52 it's still great), and the plain training tee is decent, I've been quite disappointed with the £28 casual t-shirt (badge looks slapped on too near the centre), and the 1/2 zip tracksuit top, on which the waistline hem is entirely pointless and a bit old fashioned (following on from the elasticated cuff and waist FBT stuff which was even less fashionable). The slapped on plastic badge is nearer dirty gold than amber and doesn't look like the embroidery it is intended to replace - takes away from the quality.

Overall, ok so far but not as good as I'd hoped. Except the hoodie, which is still epic. Sizes are a tiny bit on the small size, maybe half a size.

Oh and the "pants" - ie trackie bottoms are a very large fit, I got a large which is and they're hugely baggy on the waist and too long, so they're going back.

In terms of the actual kit, most of the new hummel shirts look like the plain Everton shirt, tweaked collar from last year's designs and other than that pretty plain - but I'm hoping we get the Coventry home/away "1986 Denmark stripe/halved" shirt in amber/black because it would be absolutely amazing (hell, I bought the Cov shirts when they reduced them) and Ayr already have a blue/green version for their away kit this season, so the option was there...

Anyone know how many seasons the deal is for?

Exile 1976 wrote:I have heard that the kits are awful.
We’ll see though.
I can’t see them being imaginative enough to be ‘awful’. Worst case scenario is they’ll just be boring, unless they manage to get the colours wrong, which I wouldn’t rule out.

I’ll miss the uniqueness of the FBT kits, that’s for sure. I think last season’s, with the horizontal stripes across the chest, might be my favourite ever County shirt by quite some distance

halfmoon wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:I have heard that the kits are awful.
We’ll see though.
I can’t see them being imaginative enough to be ‘awful’. Worst case scenario is they’ll just be boring, unless they manage to get the colours wrong, which I wouldn’t rule out.

I’ll miss the uniqueness of the FBT kits, that’s for sure. I think last season’s, with the horizontal stripes across the chest, might be my favourite ever County shirt by quite some distance
Horses for courses - I thought last year's kits looked like a Sunday league sides.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Just reading on Facebook.
Kit is crap and those who have bought online are being told to get refunds by contributors.
Cheap and tatty seems to be the comments.

I’ve seen a picture that someone put up on the FB page of the training top and bottoms they just had delivered and they look absolutely shite. I would’ve been fuming if I had ordered.
Though there are a couple of replies from people who’ve bought them and said they’re good.

Percy plunkett wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Just reading on Facebook.
Kit is crap and those who have bought online are being told to get refunds by contributors.
Cheap and tatty seems to be the comments.
Are you talking about the training kit or,has the playing kit been seen somewhere.
That's just the training kit.

Yes, the one that was on FB looked shoddy and should never have been sent out, someone in the shop is not doing their job or the club any favours there.

I have bought some of the training kit and looked at the range in the shop; it all looked good to me.