Re: Potential Playing Budget Fund?

Alan G Bryant wrote:If people want to contribute to a playing fund , why not just up your contributions to the monthly trust donations.
I read both Exeter and Northampton have released la lot of players today due to Covid-19.
Not everybody is as rich as you.
Big difference between the odd £20- £50 and wacking your monthly subscription up every time.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:If people want to contribute to a playing fund , why not just up your contributions to the monthly trust donations.
I read both Exeter and Northampton have released la lot of players today due to Covid-19.
Big difference between the odd £20- £50 and wacking your monthly subscription up every time.
What is the difference ? You moan about Flynn’s signings yet want to raise money to give him more. If you want to help the club donate to the trust rather than set up another renegade fundraising group. It is ridiculous

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
What is the difference ? You moan about Flynn’s signings yet want to raise money to give him more. If you want to help the club donate to the trust rather than set up another renegade fundraising group. It is ridiculous
Renegade fundraising groups?

Renegade. A person who betrays.

So who are these groups of traitors?

excessbee wrote:Well, 'whacking it up' might mean from £5 to £10 per month. That's an extra £1.15 per week. Or even just starting to contribute if you haven't already joined the Trust.
You have completely lost me here.
Can you confirm a tier at £5 monthly and another tier at £10 monthly.
Do they exist?

Out of interest do you think all true supporters can afford a season ticket at just under £300 for seniors plus as you suggest an extra £120 plus all the normal costings involved as well and blimey even having a treat and going to away games and oh my goodness petrol then gets involved.
You clearly do.
Now personally if the club were in dire straights and may fold after checking with Mrs Nouble a few hundred extra pounds or maybe more (dont tell Mrs N that though) from this one nearly 71 year old who has supported the lads from 6 years old would be in the County coffers before you could blink.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Lets get a few facts correct.
Flynnys signings in general have, being polite been rather iffy.
Appreciate your boss will be watching everything you say, but on this board and all social medias the majority would agree with me on that one.
Got a feeling it was Taff who suggested raising money here, not one word have I uttered suggesting that is a good idea.
You do give me and hopefully a few others a good laugh every time you utter all these words which come from above or as sopmebody else suggested "you are him" :wink: .

s

Frank, it's easy enough to find out the levels of trust membership. Bronze £5 monthly, Silver £10, Gold £20, Platinum £40(not sure). Everyone simply paying £10 annually was never going to sustain the Club. But it needn't cost £120 per year as you suggest. Also, last year's season ticket was £263, which I would call 'just over £250 :wink:

Alan G Bryant wrote:I just thought , we have owned this football club for 5 years and yet not once have we HAD to put our money into the club.

How many other owners could say the same.
Nobody has to. However I think you will find that every trust member has put money into the club in the last five years. It is a prerequisite of being a trust member.

Now once again, who are these traitors to the club? Not a very nice thing to say about the Smile Council, Bar Amber, the County Choir, the Newport County supporters club, now is it?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:I just thought , we have owned this football club for 5 years and yet not once have we HAD to put our money into the club.

Nobody has to. However I think you will find that every trust member has put money into the club in the last five years. It is a prerequisite of being a trust member.

Now once again, who are these traitors to the club? Not a very nice thing to say about the Smile Council, Bar Amber, the County Choir, the Newport County supporters club, now is it?
But it's a bit disheartening to think that some consider that the basic £10 per year was sustaining the club. Even worse, when that scheme was altered to monthly payments, to cease contributions.

excessbee wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

But it's a bit disheartening to think that some consider that the basic £10 per year was sustaining the club. Even worse, when that scheme was altered to monthly payments, to cease contributions.

It is also a credit to the club that they have been able to cease contributions.

We have had millionaire directors and still needed a players fund , we have had a euro millionaire chairman yet still came to the supporters to sign Joe Piggott.

It is about time the hysterical minority had a long hard think or grew a pair and stood for election.

I would not hold your breath though.

Alan G Bryant wrote:

It is also a credit to the club that they have been able to cease contributions.

We have had millionaire directors and still needed a players fund , we have had a euro millionaire chairman yet still came to the supporters to sign Joe Piggott.

It is about time the hysterical minority had a long hard think or grew a pair and stood for election.

Would this be the hysterical minority who decide that giving money to a trust fund is not a good idea because rather than spending the cash on players it has to pay tens of thousands of pounds awarded to ex employees unfairly treated by the club?

Thanks Gavin, say ex employees, you paid for my new kitchen, new car and a fortnight in Mediterranean.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:

Would this be the hysterical minority who decide that giving money to a trust fund is not a good idea because rather than spending the cash on players it has to pay tens of thousands of pounds awarded to ex employees unfairly treated by the club?

Thanks Gavin, say ex employees, you paid for my new kitchen, new car and a fortnight in Mediterranean.

For all our bickering and bluster , there is one thing I really like and respect about you