Re: Potential Playing Budget Fund?

excessbee wrote:Frank, it's easy enough to find out the levels of trust membership. Bronze £5 monthly, Silver £10, Gold £20, Platinum £40(not sure). Everyone simply paying £10 annually was never going to sustain the Club. But it needn't cost £120 per year as you suggest. Also, last year's season ticket was £263, which I would call 'just over £250 :wink:
Quite agree about the tenner but you assume every body can afford a minimum of £60 or £120 annually on top of season tickets (sorry but sure I paid nearly £300 for my Hazel senior stand ticket) plus all the other extras.
For the minimum £60 you get basically nothing in return apart from entrance to any meetings which are sorry to say totally boring.
We are in danger always count me in for whatever I can afford.
By the way its nonsense to state 320 odd fans have chipped in as its far less.
A lot of donations certainly have come from those individuals who are into the 3 charities.
JDRF have contacted all their followers in the area informing them of the possibility of sponsorship logos on this years kit and hence non County fans including members of my family have sent in donations not because they want to help the club but to help their charity.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
excessbee wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:I just thought , we have owned this football club for 5 years and yet not once have we HAD to put our money into the club.

How many other owners could say the same.
Nobody has to. However I think you will find that every trust member has put money into the club in the last five years. It is a prerequisite of being a trust member.

Now once again, who are these traitors to the club? Not a very nice thing to say about the Smile Council, Bar Amber, the County Choir, the Newport County supporters club, now is it?
But it's a bit disheartening to think that some consider that the basic £10 per year was sustaining the club. Even worse, when that scheme was altered to monthly payments, to cease contributions.

It is also a credit to the club that they have been able to cease contributions.

We have had millionaire directors and still needed a players fund , we have had a euro millionaire chairman yet still came to the supporters to sign Joe Piggott.

It is about time the hysterical minority had a long hard think or grew a pair and stood for election.

I would not hold your breath though.
You really are crackers AGB
Whose hysterical? maybe you for being up on that cloud or just for giving us so many laughs with all the brown nose comments.

excessbee wrote:£263 Frank. Senior season ticket in Bisley (same for Hazells), happy to be corrected if someone can confirm otherwise. It's one of the few things I pay by cheque so I looked on the stub. Strange idea that you should want extras for a £60 per year trust membership.
Like I keep saying the club is in dire need of funds, give me a shout.

Why would you have more perks for an extra as you quoted £1.25 per week but you do.
Why again.
What do you get for your £60 the chance to sign Poleon maybe or even worse Randall the season before.
Until we get more openness as promised I will keep my £60 for a rainy day or maybe chip it in when somebody worthy seeks election and replaces one of the clique. Would be well worth £60 notes.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:If people want to contribute to a playing fund , why not just up your contributions to the monthly trust donations.
I read both Exeter and Northampton have released la lot of players today due to Covid-19.
Not everybody is as rich as you.
Big difference between the odd £20- £50 and wacking your monthly subscription up every time.
What is the difference ? You moan about Flynn’s signings yet want to raise money to give him more. If you want to help the club donate to the trust rather than set up another renegade fundraising group. It is ridiculous
Another renegade fundraising group! You cannot make this up. I am sure that the fine people who have been setting up the group to attempt to raise funds for a new stadium will be delighted to hear that. You need to have a serious think about what you just said.

I don’t suppose you will answer as I am still waiting for an answer from you (a year or so now) about the so called hysterical minority that you mentioned.

Alan G Bryant wrote: If you want to help the club donate to the trust rather than set up another renegade fundraising group. It is ridiculous
Alan - please could you explain what you think is a renegade fundraising group and why? What is the difference in what these groups want to achieve and the current 'save our shirt' campaign being run by the club?

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:If people want to contribute to a playing fund , why not just up your contributions to the monthly trust donations.
I read both Exeter and Northampton have released la lot of players today due to Covid-19.
Not everybody is as rich as you.
Big difference between the odd £20- £50 and wacking your monthly subscription up every time.
What is the difference ? You moan about Flynn’s signings yet want to raise money to give him more. If you want to help the club donate to the trust rather than set up another renegade fundraising group. It is ridiculous

“Renegade fundraising group” ?? Give over you helmet

excessbee wrote:£263 Frank. Senior season ticket in Bisley (same for Hazells), happy to be corrected if someone can confirm otherwise. It's one of the few things I pay by cheque so I looked on the stub. Strange idea that you should want extras for a £60 per year trust membership.
It's all available online, Frank. Last year's (Senior) season tickets were £263.
Interesting to see that Exeter City seated season tickets (seniors) for the coming season are priced at £362.25.

Amberexile wrote:We are told that Trust donations go into the players budget.
The money goes to the club. It is part of the overall income. And there is absolutely nothing wring with that. For it to be otherwise the club would need a ring fenced bank account for trust money. They don't have such an account.

Whilst I'm here I think there are a few things you ought to know. Those sixpences you found under your pillow as a child. Your parents put them there, not the tooth fairy. I know this is cruel but whilst I make no excuses for their behaviour, those kids in the playground who taunted you so mercilessly were right. There is no Santa Claus. Those girls who dumped you saying 'it's me not you' were lying. They said that so as not to hurt your feelings. There's worse news to come but that is enough for now.