A day in the life of a board member

Now, I appreciate the plethora of jokes the majority are dying to make but if theres an answer prior to the follow up malarkey, that would be great.

With people calling out others with cries of "why don't you run for the board" I was curious as to what it looks like day to day?

Is it a case you do your 9-5 job and spend every evening and weekend on the phone or in meetings? Do you turn up for a monthly meeting and match days then that's your lot? Anyone know what it looks like?

Re: A day in the life of a board member

Papski2 wrote:If theres no gravy then the board truly has to step down.

On that note, has the stadium group considered putting a candidate forward for the next election? Would be a big statement should they be elected with a high number of votes.
Very early days regarding that idea but who knows.
Probably be a total waste of time as they wouldn't get a look in with the clique.
Regarding voting they would. excuse the language piss it.
More than happy to fork out 60 notes to see how they got on.
Maybe more than one stands even better.
3 vacancies then 3 stand happy days.
Would walk it.

Papski2 wrote:If theres no gravy then the board truly has to step down.

On that note, has the stadium group considered putting a candidate forward for the next election? Would be a big statement should they be elected with a high number of votes.
It is not one we have discussed, but maybe one for the next meeting as an agenda point....

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Very early days regarding that idea but who knows.
Probably be a total waste of time as they wouldn't get a look in with the clique.
Regarding voting they would. excuse the language piss it.
More than happy to fork out 60 notes to see how they got on.
Maybe more than one stands even better.
3 vacancies then 3 stand happy days.
Would walk it.
I agree they would have potential to walk it. It feels a shame it has to come to this to shape policy but more power to the group.

I too, would be happy to vote for them.
Mr Figo wrote:It is not one we have discussed, but maybe one for the next meeting as an agenda point....
Just throwing ideas out there boss. :idea: