Re: Board Minutes

Amberexile wrote:Who owns the majority of the shares in the club?
I suppose that as you don't understand the word 'if' a phrase like 'all practical purposes' will be entirely beyond you.

Yes the trust are the majority shareholder. The trust elect the board of directors. To use the legal term, the trust are the controlling mind.

And finally if the trust board meeting takes decisions on the future direction re employment etc of Newport County then for all practical purposes they are the same thing.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
I suppose that as you don't understand the word 'if' a phrase like 'all practical purposes' will be entirely beyond you.

Yes the trust are the majority shareholder. The trust elect the board of directors. To use the legal term, the trust are the controlling mind.

And finally if the trust board meeting takes decisions on the future direction re employment etc of Newport County then for all practical purposes they are the same thing.
Explain the difference between the Club Group, the Community Group, their make up, their governance relationship to the Trust Board and why that governance structure was a factor in Charlie Hopkins resigning.

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Explain the difference between the Club Group, the Community Group, their make up, their governance relationship to the Trust Board and why that governance structure was a factor in Charlie Hopkins resigning.
I don't know the difference of legal status between a club group and community group. My guess is that both are meaningless terms.

I am aware that many believe that an inner clique have de facto taken over the running of Newport County. And this may be the case.

If it is, then if challenged I'm sure this clique don't have a proper legal basis for acting the way they do. Further if this is the case, or indeed if you believe it may be the case, surely you can't keep on giving the trust your hard earned money?

I mean, unless I have misunderstood you, you demand transparency from the trust. Good. The trust directors say, thank you. Good. They then give it to the directors of Newport County. Mmmmm. Who are the same people. And how that money is spent is a mystery. And that's okay?

Sorry I don't get it.

So you don't understand the governance structure but choose to comment on it.
I do understand it as does Jonesy3.
We have both tried to explain it to you but it seems you would rather not understand so that you can continue with your nonsensical arguments for the sake of having an argument.

I have no more time for your mindless drivel. Foed

Amberexile wrote:So you don't understand the governance structure but choose to comment on it.
I do understand it as does Jonesy3.
We have both tried to explain it to you but it seems you would rather not understand so that you can continue with your nonsensical arguments for the sake of having an argument.

I have no more time for your mindless drivel. Foed
No Paul, don't put words into my mouth.

I'm glad you no longer wish to continue this round about process. I have an opinion. I give my reasons. You have asked me to prove my opinion. I have said I can't because if I could prove I am right, it would not be an opinion it would be a fact.

I think my position is clear. You don't. I am more than happy to let those who read this board make up their own minds.

Amberexile wrote:Notes from May's Trust Board meeting

NEWPORT COUNTY AFC SUPPORTERS’ TRUST BOARD MEETING
Hmmm, a bit of ambiguity here.

The email says Notes from May Trust Board meeting.

Underneath and on the first page it says NC AFC Supporters Trust Board meeting.

There are lots of details on there for the ‘Supporters’ Trust. At the top it says that the minutes from the Full Trust Board have been approved.

If it was only the Supporters Trust, why would they need to approve the minutes of the Full Trust Board?

There is no ambiguity, AFAICT.

The Newport County AFC Supporters’ Trust Board (or abbreviated variations such as Supporters’ Trust) is the full Trust Board.

A subdivision of the full Trust Board, directed/mandated to do so by the full Trust Board, can meet independently of the full Trust Board (the minutes of which would not be of the full Trust Board) to examine issues germane to those particular subdivisions, so not taking up full Trust Board time.

The full Trust Board are just stating that they are approving the redacted full Trust Board Feb meeting minutes for publication, as opposed to approving, say, redacted minutes of a meeting of a subdivision of the full Trust Board for publication.

NearlyDead wrote:There is no ambiguity, AFAICT.

The Newport County AFC Supporters’ Trust Board (or abbreviated variations such as Supporters’ Trust) is the full Trust Board.

A subdivision of the full Trust Board, directed/mandated to do so by the full Trust Board, can meet independently of the full Trust Board (the minutes of which would not be of the full Trust Board) to examine issues germane to those particular subdivisions, so not taking up full Trust Board time.

The full Trust Board are just stating that they are approving the redacted full Trust Board Feb meeting minutes for publication, as opposed to approving, say, redacted minutes of a meeting of a subdivision of the full Trust Board for publication.
AFAICT :lol:

So agressive :roll:

Head starts spinning.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
NearlyDead wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
NearlyDead wrote:There is no ambiguity, AFAICT.

So agressive :roll:
WTF?
Putting a word albeit misspelled in Capitals.
Simple.
Then replying with WTF

Even simpler.

I think you have that wrong Paul.
I'm not a young 'un but I guess that AFAICT stands for 'As Far As I Can Tell'

Reading the minutes I noticed quietly slipped in was 'Outstanding debtors have been passed on to debt recovery experts for enforcement action'.

I wonder who owes the club money. I doubt somehow it's the EFL or Wolverhampton Wanderers. Must be one of the club sponsors. I think we should be told who these miscreants are. So as not to adversely affect the good name of the likes of Interbet.
The more cynical amongst you might accuse me of innuendo. Absolutely not. Why just because Interbet were a betting exchange where it was impossible to place a bet and were formed by a man with a history of forming such ghost companies, I'm sure that the board of directors of Newport County would not have taken on such a company without making sure that any monies owed would be available.
No clearly to avoid such silly speculation by County supporters it is incumbent on the board to name and shame these people who have stolen from us.

Edit.

It is important they're named. Many small, and honest, businesses in Newport advertize in the programme. It is important that their good name does not get dragged down into the mud. The Directors therefore must answer this question so as to remove suspicion from the innocent.

Who are these debtors?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Reading the minutes I noticed quietly slipped in was 'Outstanding debtors have been passed on to debt recovery experts for enforcement action'.

I wonder who owes the club money. I doubt somehow it's the EFL or Wolverhampton Wanderers. Must be one of the club sponsors. I think we should be told who these miscreants are. So as not to adversely affect the good name of the likes of Interbet.
The more cynical amongst you might accuse me of innuendo. Absolutely not. Why just because Interbet were a betting exchange where it was impossible to place a bet and were formed by a man with a history of forming such ghost companies, I'm sure that the board of directors of Newport County would not have taken on such a company without making sure that any monies owed would be available.
No clearly to avoid such silly speculation by County supporters it is incumbent on the board to name and shame these people who have stolen from us.
Off the top of my head, my guess would be Interbet who, if I remember rightly, didn't seem to actually exist for most of the season they were sponsoring us.