Re: Is he gone this time

amberbhoy wrote:Once again Flynny favourite for managers job at a another club,this time Bristol City. 8/11 with Sky bet.
I know we heard it all before but if he has fallen out with Foxall this time it might be true.
Maybe County Ranger. Or Alan g Bryant will let us know
Bookmakers make a book. The odds change as bets go on. In my view the most likely explanation is that some early money has been placed on Flynn. And I have to say I would be amazed if Flynn is really in the running for the job.

However if I am wrong, you may rest assured that rather than try to somehow argue I was not wrong, I will simply say unlike some posters, I was wrong. :grin:

amberbhoy wrote:Once again Flynny favourite for managers job at a another club,this time Bristol City. 8/11 with Sky bet.
I know we heard it all before but if he has fallen out with Foxall this time it might be true.
Maybe County Ranger. Or Alan g Bryant will let us know
We live in hope, but then why would Bristol City waste there money on a manager who only spends money on journey men.
Answers on a postage stamp

Exile 1976 wrote:Why on earth would a team that are 12th in the Championship and have sacked their manager due to this ‘lowly’ position then take on a relative novice manager of a mid table league 2 team? Would be VERY surprised if Bristol City were interested in Flynny.
I agree entirely.

The only caveat being that professional football is a surreal world.

Said in another thread that it's highly unlikely a team with ambition to get in the Premier League ASAP is going in for a manager that's mid-table League Two.

But who knows. It's easy to read too much into it, but I thought it was pretty odd that Flynn didn't appear once in the end of season awards the other night...

halfmoon wrote:Said in another thread that it's highly unlikely a team with ambition to get in the Premier League ASAP is going in for a manager that's mid-table League Two.

But who knows. It's easy to read too much into it, but I thought it was pretty odd that Flynn didn't appear once in the end of season awards the other night...
Which is a fair point.

The relationship between Flynn and Foxhall has soured. My understanding being that it is over getting rid, or not, of his assistant manager.

Whilst I would be very surprized if Bristol City offer him the job, if he is offered it I would be utterly flabbergasted if he turned it down.

excessbee wrote:Wouldn't be surprised if he's in Bristol this very moment..... on a shopping trip now the five mile limit has been lifted. :wink:
Bit harsh. I mean if he wants to go on a shopping trip it's far easier, quicker and cheaper to go to Cardiff. And the St David's centre is better than anything Bristol has to offer. He'd be an eejit to go all the way to Bristol. Surely you don't think him that? :shock:

All pure speculation at the moment. However, in two days his odds have gone from 25/1 to 4/6. One of several things must have happened;

Someone lumped on big money, or,
The Bookies snouts know something we don’t, or,
The Bookies are manipulating the odds so that people who back short odds will have a tempting flutter.

Scenario 3 seems more likely to me. I’m keeping my money in my wallet.

Just my opinion but I think there is a case to be made suggesting that sports betting should be limited to predicting results only. Just saying.

pembsexile wrote:All pure speculation at the moment. However, in two days his odds have gone from 25/1 to 4/6. One of several things must have happened;

Someone lumped on big money, or,
The Bookies snouts know something we don’t, or,
The Bookies are manipulating the odds so that people who back short odds will have a tempting flutter.

Scenario 3 seems more likely to me. I’m keeping my money in my wallet.

Just my opinion but I think there is a case to be made suggesting that sports betting should be limited to predicting results only. Just saying.

Hi Mike,

Went on the old interweb this morning to check the odds. Went into the Bet 365 site. Have to say that for problem gamblers it must be like a crack cocaine shop.

I agree with you about curtailing this type of behaviour by face corporations seeking to exploit human misery. And as at heart I am a libertarian this site came as a disturbing one.