Re: George Williams

faerun exile wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:the thread started with George Williams.
Just plain daft as the board unanimously decided to get rid of every County player out of contract including Scott who was superb more than average.
I would think they have no intention of signing anybody until the season to come is confirmed.
Then I believe we will get the sob sob hard up what or who can we afford scenario.
If things are bad financially and I cannot believe they are, maybe the first cost saver should be the cessation of free hospitality apart from the away representatives.
Wonder if that costing is ever covered in financial reports.
Would you rather we had signed players up not knowing when next season will start ? With furlough ending and the chances of a second Covid spike happening this autumn we may not start the season until 2021. Don't panic Harps, there will be plenty of players to choose from when season starts - no doubt we will sign up a couple when the time is right. Take a look at what's happening in the lower leagues in terms of player signings - you can just about count them all up on the fingers of a Wrexham fan. The likes of Mansfield and Bolton are splashing the cash as normal but little all else is going on. Even moneybags FGR are desperately scouring non-league and the Scottish lower leagues for signings. A bit strange don't you think with all the alleged Championship / L1 players about to flood the market, all just chomping at the bit to play for little old Newport County on half pay. Then again perhaps you are right - making our directors pay for a plate of sandwiches at every home game might return the savings we need, if indeed they are allowed in the stadium.
You cannot help yourself can you.
Seriously what is your problem?
In my humble opinion Flynny should of re signed Scott plus Dom (very little expense with the latter), maybe he will re sign Scott later.
Anyway you clearly jumped in again as I think signing or even talking about George Williams or anybody else is way too early.
If you really think Championship players will be signing for us on half pay then dream on.
"A plate of sandwiches"?
Best laugh today so far.
To be fair and it will never happen, I won the big one County's problems would be gone but it may sound daft I would still sit in the Hazel with my mates,
One can dream.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
faerun exile wrote:
Just plain daft as the board unanimously decided to get rid of every County player out of contract including Scott who was superb more than average.
I would think they have no intention of signing anybody until the season to come is confirmed.
Then I believe we will get the sob sob hard up what or who can we afford scenario.
If things are bad financially and I cannot believe they are, maybe the first cost saver should be the cessation of free hospitality apart from the away representatives.
Would you rather we had signed players up not knowing when next season will start ? With furlough ending and the chances of a second Covid spike happening this autumn we may not start the season until 2021. Don't panic Harps, there will be plenty of players to choose from when season starts - no doubt we will sign up a couple when the time is right. Take a look at what's happening in the lower leagues in terms of player signings - you can just about count them all up on the fingers of a Wrexham fan. The likes of Mansfield and Bolton are splashing the cash as normal but little all else is going on. Even moneybags FGR are desperately scouring non-league and the Scottish lower leagues for signings. A bit strange don't you think with all the alleged Championship / L1 players about to flood the market, all just chomping at the bit to play for little old Newport County on half pay. Then again perhaps you are right - making our directors pay for a plate of sandwiches at every home game might return the savings we need, if indeed they are allowed in the stadium.
In my humble opinion Flynny should of re signed Scott plus Dom (very little expense with the latter), maybe he will re sign Scott later.
Anyway you clearly jumped in again as I think signing or even talking about George Williams or anybody else is way too early.
If you really think Championship players will be signing for us on half pay then dream on.
"A plate of sandwiches"?
Best laugh today so far.
To be fair and it will never happen, I won the big one County's problems would be gone but it may sound daft I would still sit in the Hazel with my mates,
One can dream.
No you are right, I can't. Your posts just crack me up.

faerun exile wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
faerun exile wrote:
"A plate of sandwiches"?
Best laugh today so far.
One can dream.
No you are right, I can't. Your posts just crack me up.
Happy for you sunshine.
Keep the sarcasm going.
It gives me a giggle everytime.

faerun exile wrote:

In the last two days FGR have signed two players released from Blackburn and West Brom on two year deals

Percy plunkett wrote:Those dreaded two year deals.One was on loan at Lancaster,the other doing the loan rounds in L1 and L2. Not exactly top signings plus another Scottish League journeyman.I wouldn’t have been too excited if they had come to us.
For all the furore over our two year deals it is only Leadbitter , Azeez, Whitely and Ekiptata that look out of place in a league 2 squad.

Percy plunkett wrote:Those dreaded two year deals.One was on loan at Lancaster,the other doing the loan rounds in L1 and L2. Not exactly top signings plus another Scottish League journeyman.I wouldn’t have been too excited if they had come to us.

Kane Wilson has only just turned 20 and has had plenty of experience in Leagues 1 and 2. Tranmere and Exeter fans seemingly loved him and wanted him back there.

A good player, George Williams. But the only things to remotely link him with County are his nationality, and maybe geography based on where he might have lived (NB his tenancy at his last house ended in June so he may have moved back to London).

Otherwise, he's an attack-minded, goal-scoring midfielder. So wouldn't fit in here even if he took a hefty pay cut.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
For all the furore over our two year deals it is only Leadbitter , Azeez, Whitely and Ekiptata that look out of place in a league 2 squad.
You crack me up AGB
Add Abrahams to those you listed.
Lets have a look at Flynnys signings then.

Marvel 2 years Not up to it
Howkins Potential for sure
Tom King Okay
Leadbitter Total crock admitted that himself
Lazar What was that all about?
Whiteley Not up to it
Ryan Haynes Started well and fizzled out
Abrahams Got worse every game
Poleon Total Joke
Baker Too early to judge

Then we had Azeez 2.5 year contract and Marsh Brown.

Its a truly woeful in the main set of signings and still paying for 5 of them.

Alan G Bryant wrote:Why do you include players that have left ?

Sheehan
King
Townsend
Dolan
Howkins
Labadie
Amond
Collins
Demitriou
Baker
Haynes
Abrahams
Wilmott

Aside from the bad luck of Franks and O’Brien , That’s actually not a bad nucleus.
Sadly I think Padraigs glory days are behind him now certainly as a striker and lovely fella Matty Dolan is not league 2 standard anymore as far too slow like Padraig.
Abrahams I dont rate.
Labs was poor last season
Haynes fizzled out.
Anyway glad you think thats a good nucleus.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Any chance you could answer the two questions that I asked you the other day please? You made some comments about club supporters that were out of order. You know the ones.

Until the EFL ratify start date for the new season, making any signing is huge risk. Any second spike is likely to put start date things back again. If there is a creditable track and trace system put in place then it changes perspective. At the moment, it is all finger in all stuff when they have hardly left enough time to monitor and reflect on the effects on the previous re-opening from lockdown.

George Street-Bridge wrote:Someone has probably said this already, but anyone signing now would have to go straight onto the payroll with no new furloughs allowed. No player is anywhere near worth that risk.
I wonder if it would be possible to keep Matt and Bennett purely on a furlough basis to at least keep them getting paid?